PDA

View Full Version : Bailout affects on Senate Races?

cjhowe
10-01-2008, 08:10 PM
There are eight incumbent Senators that are in close elections. Seven of them voted for the bailout.

Voted Against
Dole (R-NC) - Currently trailing in polls by 3 points

Voted For
Smith (R-OR) - Currently trailing in polls by 4 points
Stevens (R-AK) - Currently trailing in polls by 4 points (Indicted)
Sununu (R-NH) - Currently trailing in polls by 2 points
Chambliss (R-GA) - Currently ahead in polls by 2 points
Coleman (R-MN) - Currently ahead in polls by 4 points (Al Franken challenger)
McConnell (R-KY) - Currently ahead in polls by 1 point (Current Minority Leader)
Wicker (R-MS) - Currently ahead in polls by 5 points

There is one incumbent Senator that wasn't yesterday a close election, but a "Ron Paul Democrat" could make it a close one.
Voted For
Graham (R-SC) - Currently ahead in polls by 10 points (Bob Conley challenger)

Dustancostine
10-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Well it looks like the Rs want to give the Dems a veto proof majority to go along with Obama.

itshappening
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM
amazing, well, they need to be tossed... the problem is the people who replace them will probably be just as evil

AJ Antimony
10-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Well it looks like the Rs want to give the Dems a veto proof majority to go along with Obama.

I'm curious to see how many bills are passed with a big D majority Congress plus Obama. I mean FUCK, D Congress now + R Bush = shit load of shit. D Congress + Obama = shit load of shit x50?

bojo68
10-01-2008, 08:28 PM
amazing, well, they need to be tossed... the problem is the people who replace them will probably be just as evil

I doubt highly ANY individual senator will get an opportunity to be this evil anytime soon. I'm rooting for an absolutely nauseating democrat that has never done anything but repeat the party line in his whole life, and is PROUD to advocate for tax increases. I think he's a better guy than the this expletive deleted that voted yes.(http://maplight.org/map/us/legislator/609)

cjhowe
10-01-2008, 08:31 PM
There's those races and CO (+5), NM (+15) , VA (+28) which the polls are saying are already flipped.

gjvrieze
10-01-2008, 08:37 PM

nate895
10-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Watching the campaign in Oregon from afar, I think Smith will win unless the Constitutionalist gains traction. Jeff Merkley (his opponent) is even more of a joke than he is.

Elle
10-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Carl Levin (D-MI) voted for the bill and is up for re-election this year. I will be voting against him and voting for this guy

http://www.jackformichigan.org/home/