PDA

View Full Version : Jon Larson for KY Rep. (6th District)

Call Me V
10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I just had a 30 min phone conversation with him. He agreed on alot the issues of Ron Paul but however had some flaws. I wouldn't exactly call him a Ron Paul candidate (even though he supports RP and goes to RP meet ups) but he does have some good stances, and some bad. Regardless I think it is a step in the right direction since there is no other candidate running for congress in my district.

Pros-
Highly critical on the Fed
Against wasteful spending
Lower taxes (wants a flat tax)
Critical on the IRS
End the war on marijuana
Clear prisons out
Against bailout (with a definite no on any bill resembling a bailout)
Get out of Afghanistan
Claims his political stances can not be bought

Cons-
Wants a long Iraq presence
Critical on Iran
Basically an interventionist foreign policy
Ammensty for Illegal Immigrants ("Force them to become legal")

Even though I highly disagree with him about his foreign policy. I think the pros out weighs the cons. And it is just 8 more years until I become the congressman of the 6th district :P

I will most likely vote for Jon Larson.

tep620
10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah.. I just looked at his issues yesterday afternoon hoping to see a RP candidate, most of the issues were pretty good.. I think he'd be a decent Rep. until our district gets someone with a better foreign policy. :)

nate895
10-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Iraq is good, but Afghanistan, we should be out? Oddest combo I have ever heard.

Call Me V
10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Honestly I forget what his argument was for getting out of Afghanistan.

His argument for staying in Iraq was "building democracy and allies to the US"

He's not perfect but he is much better than the Status quo IMO.

I am going to do some campaigning for him.

Imperial
10-04-2008, 06:46 PM
At least he is actually thinking. I am not exactly for an immediate US withdrawal from Iraq, but at the same time I respect those that do. We just have to know that it is ok to not pick the best candidate if we aren't sacrificing our very principles in the promise and recognize the pragmatic move.