PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's debate: Interesting Stories From an Audience Member's Perspective!

AlexAmore
09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
1. During one of the commercials a woman went right up to the panel and demanded that they give equal time.
2. Sometime during the debate she yelled out "EQUAL TIME!". A bunch of people looked behind to see who said it LOL. (did you guys hear it on TV?)
3. Next commercial she went up and tore them a new asshole according to my mom who was near her...and she was threatened with arrest.
After the debate we saw her outside and talked to her...she's a Ron Paul supporter.

amonasro
09-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Nice! I heard the equal time shout out, although I'm not sure I would have understood it if I wasn't expecting it.

Kuldebar
09-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Which candidate(s) was/were doing the annoying giggling? Or was that a moderator?

rp4prez
09-05-2007, 10:48 PM
...and she was threatened with arrest.

That's not surprising. Apparently if you breath funny they will throw you out also. Not just at the debates either. Pretty much anywhere that you actually disagree with their point of view.

Mister Grieves
2Sometime during the debate she yelled out "EQUAL TIME!". A bunch of people looked behind to see who said it LOL. (did you guys hear it on TV?)

Yes, it was when Romney went over his time, as usual, and kept talking. You could tell it frazzled him.

I loved it.

Jared Callanan
I don't think it was the moderators, I want to say it was someone in the truck or maybe the panel watching back at the green room / studio. I just got done watching the videos to hear this chuckling and I might be totally wrong but it almost sounded like Hannity and Colmes.. Just a hunch / guess tho.

Geronimo
I was there, and I heard the woman yell out for equal time, and I saw a handful of security people's ears perk up, but none of them could tell where it came from. I'm glad she had the guts to approach the panel. Even if I was on the floor, I don't think I'd have the balls to do what she did.

Mister Grieves
09-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Apparently if you breath funny they will throw you out also.

They should have thrown out, or at the very least reprimanded, the rude prick that kept trying to laugh over Ron Paul. Fox leaving that person's mic on to keep doing that shows a complete lack of professionalism.

Mister Grieves
09-05-2007, 10:55 PM
I was there

Tell us who it was that kept laughing when Dr. Paul was talking.

rp4prez
09-05-2007, 10:56 PM
They should have thrown out, or at the very least reprimanded, the rude prick that kept trying to laugh over Ron Paul. Fox leaving that person's mic on to keep doing that shows a complete lack of professionalism.

I couldn't agree with you more. I just hope the American people see it as totally disrespectful.

guynamedjohn
09-05-2007, 10:58 PM

I thought it was Giuliani - am I wrong?

amonasro
09-05-2007, 11:00 PM
It sure sounded like Giuliani's creepy huh-huh-huh laugh... but it could have been one of the moderator's.

Chester Copperpot
09-05-2007, 11:00 PM

That was either Rudy or Romney.. maybe both.. they had the camera on Rudy like they were hoping he was going to jump on paul again.. it seems he learned his lesson

Ron Paul Fan
09-05-2007, 11:01 PM
It sounded on the tv like the crowd was pro Iraq war for the most part, but there was some good responses to Dr. Paul's anti war stance as well. To those that were there, is this what you heard too?

CurtisLow
09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
You know what got me those f'ed up commercials, like that whinny lady.
[QUOTE]"My son died in Iraq and we need to bring freedom to the Iraq people.

give me a break!

torchbearer
09-05-2007, 11:04 PM
At one point it sounded like a couple people laughing

themanhere
09-05-2007, 11:06 PM
IM telling you this debate had a game plan set up by fox to boost mccain and huckabee.

I really doubt they just hand picked random people in that dinner either. I bet they met weeks in advance with them and prepped them. Like a jerry springer show.
thank god Fox Went after Mitt And Rudy though. They got them good.

Kuldebar
09-05-2007, 11:07 PM
IM telling you this debate had a game plan set up by fox to boost mccain and huckabee.

I really doubt they just hand picked random people in that dinner either. I bet they met weeks in advance with them and prepped them. Like a jerry springer show.

Well, they probably did handpick people...

paulitics
09-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Romney was definately one of the guilty. How do I know? Every time Paul speaks he has that haughty laugh. And Giuliani does as well whenever Paul mentions the constitution. Pricks.

John of Des Moines
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM

When Fox did the diner thing during the ABC debate they were a previously used focus group per my source at the Drake Diner. I had a family from the meetup group who distributed RP Lit and trading cards of the other candidates info to each table. The focus group members who didn't get a packet asked the family for more. I think it did sway a lot of focus group members since the material had more information then any of the candidates could say in the allotted time.

AdamT
09-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Romney was definately one of the guilty. How do I know? Every time Paul speaks he has that haughty laugh. And Giuliani does as well whenever Paul mentions the constitution. Pricks.

I'm almost positive it was The Goul who was laughing. That fascist prick needs to be exposed for who he is. His law firm is behind the NAFTA super highway, part of the SPP/NAU plan for the total destruction of the US Constitution, etc. This must be exposed to the voters.

Then let's see who's laughing.....

CJLauderdale4
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
It got so damn bad, I thought Fox had piped in a laugh-track from one of their sitcoms...

Maybe JulieAnnie could run for that position at Fox...laugh-track guy

slantedview
09-05-2007, 11:21 PM
I heard someone shout something at one point, but it wasn't audible. I assumed they were yelling something along the lines of "equal time" (it was while Romney was answering his millionth question) but I really couldn't make it out.

kenc9
09-05-2007, 11:22 PM

It was Rudy... The Jerk! :cool:

billm317
09-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Rudy and Romney are both guilty of laughing. I thought it was totally pathetic. I don't care what your political beliefs are, laughing at someone while they're speaking in a professional setting is 100% lame.

Slugg
09-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Yes, it was when Romney went over his time, as usual, and kept talking. You could tell it frazzled him.

I loved it.

Did anyone youtube it? That's awesome!!!!!

jmarinara
09-05-2007, 11:46 PM

Well did you notice how many of them were politicians (like the sheriff), political-types (like the poly-sci major), or government workers (like the cop)? I guarantee they didn't just walk into a diner and say, "Hey, we want to film here, ok?" No, they set it up in advance which certainly lends itself to setting up the guests too.

devil21
09-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Well did you notice how many of them were politicians (like the sheriff), political-types (like the poly-sci major), or government workers (like the cop)? I guarantee they didn't just walk into a diner and say, "Hey, we want to film here, ok?" No, they set it up in advance which certainly lends itself to setting up the guests too.

And each one of them pegged the "top tier" too. Giuliani squirming at the family values insinuation by the poly sci major was great. You could tell he wasn't expecting that one.

Ninja Homer
09-06-2007, 12:22 AM

If they did, it only benefits Ron Paul. It further splits the pro-war vote.

According to this poll (http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm), 34% of republicans disapprove of the way Bush is handling the war in Iraq. That's pretty close to the % of text votes Ron Paul got tonight.

If the pro-war votes are split 5 ways (Giuliani, Thompson, Romney, McCain, and Huckabee), Ron Paul will win the Republican primaries easily.

Slugg
09-06-2007, 12:27 AM

According to this poll (http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm), 34% of republicans disapprove of the way Bush is handling the war in Iraq. That's pretty close to the % of text votes Ron Paul got tonight.

If the pro-war votes are split 5 ways (Giuliani, Thompson, Romney, McCain, and Huckabee), Ron Paul will win the Republican primaries easily.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he wins the nomination....they could easily say, "Based on the vote obviously the Republican party wants a 'pro war' candidate to run....we will pick Fred."

Bro.Butch
09-06-2007, 12:37 AM

Don't forget hawks: Hunter, Tancredo & Brownback need to split that vote also, If we get the message out WE CAN WIN with 34% of the vote...

All meetups and individual supporters need to continue to distribute lit. & place yard/road signs...WE CAN WIN !!!

Bro.Butch
09-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he wins the nomination....they could easily say, "Based on the vote obviously the Republican party wants a 'pro war' candidate to run....we will pick Fred."

You win the nomination by winning the MAJORITY of delegates !!! Not by :confused: "we will pick Fred" :confused: The people select the delegates not "we" whoever you think they are. If paper ballots are used RP can get the nomination.

guynamedjohn
09-06-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't get it. Ms. South Carolina can speak her peace with nary a snicker and Fox has a laugh track running under a presidential debate.

Slugg
09-06-2007, 12:48 AM
You win the nomination by winning the MAJORITY of delegates !!! Not by :confused: "we will pick Fred" :confused: The people select the delegates not "we" whoever you think they are. If paper ballots are used RP can get the nomination.

No, that's inaccurate. Delegates are not obligated to vote by the majority. So in a split vote situation, delegates are also split. This means that if Ron Paul pulls a hefty 30%, that means that 70% of the delegates are still 'pro war' and can choose to out vote the RP delegates.

At least that's the way I understand it working.

katao
09-06-2007, 12:52 AM
That is why we need to all be involved locally in the party and working to become/elect delegates.

Ninja Homer
09-06-2007, 12:59 AM
No, that's inaccurate. Delegates are not obligated to vote by the majority. So in a split vote situation, delegates are also split. This means that if Ron Paul pulls a hefty 30%, that means that 70% of the delegates are still 'pro war' and can choose to out vote the RP delegates.

At least that's the way I understand it working.

I believe it depends on the state, but I've never heard of a case where delegates from a bunch of different candidates decide to unite and pick one among them to be the winner just so they can beat the leader. I could never imagine any of them working together and voting for somebody that they've been campaigning against for so long.

Still, we DO need to work at getting delegates.

BuddyRey
09-06-2007, 06:55 AM

I'm nearly positive it was Ghouliani.

wgadget
09-06-2007, 07:01 AM

LOL Huckabee missed the Texas straw poll so he could get ready for the debate. You have a good point there...

CAKochenash
09-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Fox leaving that person's mic on to keep doing that shows a complete lack of professionalism.

no...not faux....

fair and balanced...duhhh

LibertyEagle
09-06-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm nearly positive it was Ghouliani.

I was listening to a replay and there are a couple of places where another person joins the laughing. You can tell that person is Mitt. The other person, I'm almost positive is Giuliani.

Ridiculous
09-06-2007, 07:14 AM
The girly giggle was Tancredo