PDA

View Full Version : Report on NC senators

olehounddog
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Well we are split. Just called Burr and his staffer said he woul vote for the bailout:mad:. Sen Dole's staff said she would vote against:eek::D. I was so stunned I did not know what to say.

Mark
10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I think it was Fox who just had a Senator on and he said that they had exactly the 60 votes they needed.

Anyone like Dole who is in a tight race will get a pass. We'll just have to remember Burr's vote when his re-election comes up.

freelance
10-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Well we are split. Just called Burr and his staffer said he woul vote for the bailout:mad:. Sen Dole's staff said she would vote against:eek::D. I was so stunned I did not know what to say.

WOW! Is she, by any chance, up for re-election this year?

freelance
10-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I think it was Fox who just had a Senator on and he said that they had exactly the 60 votes they needed.

Anyone like Dole who is in a tight race will get a pass. We'll just have to remember Burr's vote when his re-election comes up.

The leaders did their jobs. It's filibuster proof.

slacker921
10-01-2008, 04:21 PM
WOW! Is she, by any chance, up for re-election this year?

yes, and struggling with a Democrat.

I'm not surprised.. I read her press release earlier today (http://dole.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressReleases.Detail&PressRelease_id=08dcfd07-9a25-4fef-9fa1-8321c933f18a) and sent her an e-mail encouraging her to stand her ground. She's been asking tough questions and saying the right things all along.

olehounddog
10-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Just called Burr and told them that if he voted for the bailout his political career would be over. That I would spend every spare minute shouting from the mountaintop that he sold us down the river. That I would not rest until he ws replaced.:mad:

ifthenwouldi
10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Just called Burr and told them that if he voted for the bailout his political career would be over. That I would spend every spare minute shouting from the mountaintop that he sold us down the river. That I would not rest until he ws replaced.:mad:

Just basically said the same thing.

Just asked him as nicely as I could if he's sure enough about this bill to risk his political career.

BuddyRey
10-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Overall, I'm very proud to be a North Carolinian right now.

Sue Myrick, my Representative, is vehemently opposed to this bailout, even going so far as to send me an audio message via email after I contacted her office about it. Dole is against the bailout, which is somewhat less than surprising since she is up for reelection this year. Burr is all for this thing, but he's so bought and paid for that, instead of an R, he should have a dollar sign by his name when he speaks in the Senate