PDA

View Full Version : Forums working now? Click this thread title....

JoshLowry
09-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Umm Go Ron Paul?

rajibo
09-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!

JoshLowry
09-05-2007, 10:20 PM
lol time to clean up a few threads...

LibertyOfOne
09-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Yes, go Ron Paul. He pwned the huckster.

Alabama Supporter
09-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Yay!!! People, watch the meetup growth. I believe tonight was another turning point like the guiliani exchange in May.

AdamT
09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Sweet. Back up for me! Good job guys.

catwoman
09-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks!!

james1906
09-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Umm Go Ron Paul?

Thank you for defending the honor of this website

wgadget
09-05-2007, 10:24 PM
MORE DONATIONS ON THE WAY!

And from NEW supporters...WOOHOO!

Marceline88
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Fire, totally fire....minus the brimstone. Ohhhh man I am so pumped! He is going to take NH for sure. Did anybody notice how the Sheriff's question to Romney just destroyed ol Mitt? He's done stick a fork in him. McCain is a robot, and the audience question on family values didn't totally obliterate Julieannie but it did serve to shame and shrink the old bald ego. Wooooo Hooooo, can I get a Whhooooo F'n Hoooooo Ya'll!!!!!

CurtisLow
Did everyone hear Giuliani laugh at Dr. Paul when they called on him to talk.
What an ass! I think that was set up some how...

btw Thanks for getting the forums back up!

LizF
Yay...we're back! :)

noxagol
09-05-2007, 10:26 PM

Yeah, I wrote an email comment to fauxnews thing about that, maybe it will get posted.

AdamT
09-05-2007, 10:27 PM
I just donated another $250. This country is totally screwed if Ron's not elected.

LizF
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM

I listened to the debate on the radio (missed the 1st half hr), and I was wondering who was the obnoxious asshat who was laughing. I thought it might have been Romney, but it makes more sense that it was Giuliani (that his microphone was allowed to be on so loud too) since he's such good friends w/TPTB at Fox.

This sort of thing can (and usually does) backfire though; Gore got judged heavily by debate viewers in 2000 when he was seen rolling his eyes during Dubya's responses.

Marceline88
09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh by the way thanks Josh! Glad to be back.

The snickering at RP was disgusting, but big deal, made them out to be the proffessional asshats that they are. That debate was like a good boxing match and the victor is a tiny 72 year old hero. Was anybody else hoppin' and hollerin' at the tv like it was the world greatest touchdown drive.....or is that just a weird thing I do??? LOL

Ron Paul Fan
09-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Giuliani was completely unprofessional with his laughing. Does Ron Paul laugh at Giuliani's hating us for our freedoms jibberish? No, he challenges him with actual facts. I really liked Dr. Paul's fire in this debate especially with everyone ganging up against him. The Huckabee vs. Paul confrontation will turn out to be good for Dr. Paul because that's what will be replayed from this debate and Paul did well standing up for his beliefs and challenging bad policy.

Also, Dr. Paul shot down Hannity in the post debate interview. Hannity brought up Reagan, so Paul brought up Reagan having the intellegence to withdraw from the middle east and Republicans didn't call him a cut and runner. Hannity brought up standing up to the Soviet Union and bringing them down and Paul replied something along the lines of, yeah and we never had to invade their country to do it.

JoshLowry
09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Thank you for defending the honor of this website

Oh by the way thanks Josh! Glad to be back.

The snickering at RP was disgusting, but big deal, made them out to be the proffessional asshats that they are. That debate was like a good boxing match and the victor is a tiny 72 year old hero. Was anybody else hoppin' and hollerin' at the tv like it was the world greatest touchdown drive.....or is that just a weird thing I do??? LOL

Bryan helped me stay on top of it as well!

I've probably done more harm than good with my techie ignorance. :p

McDermit
09-05-2007, 10:43 PM
every few refreshes, it's not loading for me. :confused:

JoshLowry
09-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Yea, it crashed again so we rebooted.

I think the threads need to be pruned and we need to archive some of the data.

r3volution
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM

themanhere
09-05-2007, 10:47 PM
OH The forums are back up! RON PAUL!!!!

r3volution
09-05-2007, 10:52 PM

cjhowe
09-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Anyone know if there's a methadone equivalent for ronpaulforums.com?

devil21
09-05-2007, 11:17 PM
What is the official explanation of the forum crash? I saw posts about hacks? As someone with VBulletin experience it looked like the forum just couldnt handle the load of visits and posts that the debate incited. What happened?

JoshLowry
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
What is the official explanation of the forum crash? I saw posts about hacks? As someone with VBulletin experience it looked like the forum just couldnt handle the load of visits and posts that the debate incited. What happened?

It gave us a database error. Most likely due to no optimization of the forums and the large number of people that were on.

It was actually a very simple fix but it took me a while to figure out how to fix it inbetween watching the debate and searching for the solution.

leipo
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
It gave us a database error. Most likely due to no optimization of the forums and the large number of people that were on.

Thanks for bringing the site back up. If you need donations for a faster server or hardware, please let us know. I think a lot of us would like to help out. Especially the internationals like me who can't donate to the official campaign.
I'd hate to have this happen again at such a crucial moment.

devil21
09-05-2007, 11:42 PM

It was actually a very simple fix but it took me a while to figure out how to fix it inbetween watching the debate and searching for the solution.

Thanks for the explanation Josh. If there is a needed infrastructure upgrade to keep this site up and running during major events (imagine the load on Nov 5 2008!) Im sure members would be happy to contribute to the cost. Let us know!