PDA

View Full Version : Why Leftist Politics are Self-Defeating

Conservationist
10-01-2008, 02:55 PM
When I was a leftist, I believed that by making good arguments to others, we could save the world and make it less cruel and more fair. Later on, I saw how this made no sense. The plans of leftists would not have realized their goals, and in the process, they would have turned everyone into a dogma-bound leftist activist. I saw quickly that leftism was a cancer that would drown us.

http://penetrate.blogspot.com/2008/10/leftism-fails-because-its-guilt-and.html

I think all of us, when we're younger, are tempted by the leftist vision. It sounds so altruistic and egalitarian and downright nice.

But later on we realize that it's a fashion that has nothing to do with reality and makes everyone weaker in the name of lifting up the downtrodden. It's a giant FAIL.

Even more, we begin to suspect our motives in pursuing it. I think more young people should get exposed to anti-leftist thought and anti-liberal thought before they waste their time with this retardation.

V-rod
10-02-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm glad I got smart and became a conservative Republican in my early 20's, while most of my immediate and extended family are democrats.

Calpico
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I was like that in the beginning of high school. Then Ron Paul came along and showed me the light nd how stupid leftists are.

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm glad I got smart and became a conservative Republican in my early 20's, while most of my immediate and extended family are democrats.

a real conservative or just a partisan republican? Not much virtue in the R party nowadays, so you won't get much sympathy on these boards, I assure ya. ;)

Standing Like A Rock
10-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm 15 and leftist ideals have never ever made sense to me.

I remember when i was younger and my dad was saying that he had to pay taxes on his income to the government, and I was like "What?! But you earned that money! The government has no right to take it!" And then he said "Not only that, but they make people who make more, pay more." and I was like "What?! You mean they take a percentage of your pay? Why don't they make it fair and take the same from everyone?!" And then he said, "It is even worse than that. People who make less money, pay less percent than people who make more money."

I was just stunned that the government punishes people for working hard and making money. My first political views were conservative ones and they always have been.

dannno
10-02-2008, 03:06 PM
I completely agree with the blog, but I don't really blame the leftists who have been entrapped, and I have a much larger degree of respect for them than conservatives who are brainwashed by the Bush admin. They are a step AHEAD, they are educated on the ISSUES, they know the ENEMY, they are simply lacking the proper RESPONSE.

EPIC1934
10-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I think this discussion could use s bit of focus. What particular leftist ideas? Any historical examples? What about this article as a means of provoking discussion. What ideas to you agree with? Disagree with? The author Howard Zinn is generally considered a leftist.

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/10/02-2

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I think more young people should get exposed to anti-leftist thought and anti-liberal thought before they waste their time with this retardation.

Just being exposed to real history and politics tends to negate the effects of left-liberalism, as well as neoconservatism. :D Look at all the people RP cured!:eek::)

James Madison
10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I was like that in the beginning of high school. Then Ron Paul came along and showed me the light nd how stupid leftists are.

Same here. I used to be a hardcore democrat my freshman and sophomore year of high school (mainly because I hated Bush), but as I read more into them I realized just how foolish I had been for believing in the false reality described by liberals.

But yes, the idealistic world that entices young people to the Democratic Party is just a scam to gain their trust and then use them for the establishments personal gain. If you've read about the origins of the fascist movement in Italy then you'll know what I'm talking about.

EPIC1934
10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
um...... the democrats are not leftists. In fact in many ways they are to the right of Richard Nixon.

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2008, 08:31 PM
um...... the democrats are not leftists. In fact in many ways they are to the right of Richard Nixon.

+1, to the right of Bush in regards to foreign wars, too :eek:

Mini-Me
10-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I completely agree with the blog, but I don't really blame the leftists who have been entrapped, and I have a much larger degree of respect for them than conservatives who are brainwashed by the Bush admin. They are a step AHEAD, they are educated on the ISSUES, they know the ENEMY, they are simply lacking the proper RESPONSE.

I think this is worth repeating. As much as we like to rag on them for having no economic understanding, I've always felt that the Obama "liberals" are much more open-minded and easier to persuade than the Bush-McCain "conservatives." I think this is partially because the "liberals" identify with anti-establishment views in the first place (unlike "conservatives"), and they just haven't realized that their economic views have been subtly manipulated to play into the hands of that same establishment. Once some more of the younger and more idealistic Democrats see that their party has no intention of ending wars or ending Big Brother, they'll probably feel disillusioned and betrayed enough that they'll be much more susceptible to epiphanies. It still won't be easy, since the establishment will continue trying to manipulate them into thinking everything's for everyone's "own good," but...I think they're easier converts than most Republicans.

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I think this is worth repeating. As much as we like to rag on them for having no economic understanding, I've always felt that the Obama "liberals" are much more open-minded and easier to persuade than the Bush-McCain "conservatives." I think this is partially because the "liberals" identify with anti-establishment views in the first place (unlike "conservatives"), and they just haven't realized that their economic views have been subtly manipulated to play into the hands of that same establishment. Once some more of the younger and more idealistic Democrats see that their party has no intention of ending wars or ending Big Brother, they'll probably feel disillusioned and betrayed enough that they'll be much more susceptible to epiphanies. It still won't be easy, since the establishment will continue trying to manipulate them into thinking everything's for everyone's "own good," but...I think they're easier converts than most Republicans.

+1 I've had this experience in person with a democrat friend of mine! :eek::D

EPIC1934
10-04-2008, 09:20 AM
I would like to throw this out there with the hope of clarifying our definitions.

The liberals have more in common with Bush than they do with Leftists.

However, most of these similarities with Bush and differences with "the left" (hard to say what this means now because they are not allowed on the mass media-- if you disagree then name examples-- ) are UNEXAMINED because of MEDIATED "reality"

What the heck does that mean?

The Corporate Media sets up a false dichotomy so that the "liberal" position ( ie we should have invaded Iraq but with a better plan, we will have a timeline etc. without ever questioning the fundamental ethics or objectives of the war, until the sheeple can be fooled and the election is over and were staying in Iraq for 20 years of until the empire fails) SEEMS like the opposite of the Republicans.

In reality, were a left position, or sometimes a libertarian position on matters of fo. po. allowed INTO THE MEDIATED PUBLIC SPHERE --i.e. not confined to websites which onion skin the view into a hundred thousand different websites using a hundred thousand different terminologies-- the public would see that the liberals have much more in common with the Republicans than they do with the "left", which by the way is subject to much more gatekeeping ops than any other part of the political spectrum-- SEE CIA'S """"LEFT""""" MAGAZINE ENCOUNTER BTW. 1950-1964 UNTIL IT WAS EXPOSED AS ENTIRELY FUNDED BY CIA (AND IN MY GUESS BUT INFORMED GUESS SEE THE NATION MAGAZINE TODAY)

The medium is the message.