PDA

View Full Version : question for my elders here

heavenlyboy34
10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
To y'all who've been around 30+ years...

Why do the worst possible people always wind up getting elected (excepting RP, of course)? There's a book on this I want to read, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. :(

tonesforjonesbones
10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
It is a very tangled web. I am 51 years old, and I swear to you I have never seen corruption this bad. I'd say it really started around 100 years ago when the communist bolsheviks were allowed to immigrate here by the millions through Ellis Island. They infiltrated our government ...financial institutions , and created many non profit orginazaions. We are still fighting the cold war thanks to them. The deliberate errosion of religion and our American traditions...have killed this country. I'd say the USA peaked in the 50's...it's been downhill from there. The USA is a communist country now. tones (I don't think we can get it back)

ShowMeLiberty
10-01-2008, 02:58 PM
As one who is elder to us all once said...

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
--Thomas Jefferson--

Truth Warrior
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Like the cream, the scum also rises to the top. ;)

UnReconstructed
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
I'd say because the entire system is a crime (because it survives on money stolen from people) so therefore criminals are attracted to it. Those criminals will support each other and those they believe will help their syndicate grow.

bunklocoempire
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM

Why do the worst possible people always wind up getting elected (excepting RP, of course)? There's a book on this I want to read, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. :(

....By the people, for the people.

When people don't do their duty, our Nation suffers. Eternal Vigilence.

The buck stops here.

Bunkloco

Ozwest
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM

That's funny.

I just turned 50 a couple of days ago, Wish I was 30 +.

My best advice to you would be.

There is no present, there is no future, only the past, happening over and over again.

Now...