PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions and constructive criticisms for the new CFL site

Mahkato
10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
There's no sense in overwhelming the CFL web team with suggestions on opening day, so let's talk amongst ourselves for a while, and refine some ideas into solid proposals. Also, tiny tweaks and minor fixes can be posted here as well.

Random rants about the web site can be posted in other threads; I'd like this thread to actually be a resource for the web team.

Mahkato
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/nominate.php?c=DC and http://www.campaignforliberty.com/nominate.php?c=SC, the verbiage at the top is the same as it is for http://www.campaignforliberty.com/nominate.php?c=CC:

"If your county doesn't have a coordinator, we'd like your help in finding the right person for the task. Please submit your recommendations, and a coordinator at the next level up will review the recommendation and make a decision as possible."

Bern
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM
I think it would be awesome if the site had a way for people to select their state/district and find a list of CFL candidates running for any office in an upcoming election - whether local, state or federal.

LittleLightShining
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM
How about a secure connection?

Mahkato
10-01-2008, 02:59 PM
On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/precinctleaders.php?task=1 the item labeled "Each precinct has a specific location where its residents go to vote, called a polling station. Where is the polling station for your precinct? Please include name of location and the complete address." has a small text field. This should be a textarea at a minimum, if you want the full address.

Also, it would be nice to automatically link to my state's polling place finder web site.

Mahkato
10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
On our Profiles, we should be able to have a big list of checkboxes for our skills and abilities, with a text field by each for specific information. For example:

[x] Web development [_I know PHP, MySQL, ..._______________]
[x] Copy editing [_____________________]
[ ] etc.

This way, CFL would be able to build a list of members with certain abilities, which could then be tapped for upcoming projects.

JasonC
10-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I haven't had much time to look at the site. I do, however, want to ask you guys to consider putting in the action alert message something like " Don't just call once. Keep calling them!"

Austin
10-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Terra Eclipse
More polished calender features
Ability to edit congressional district
Better navigation system
Updated 'states' page; map is ugly

kathy88
10-01-2008, 03:54 PM
On our Profiles, we should be able to have a big list of checkboxes for our skills and abilities, with a text field by each for specific information. For example:

[x] Web development [_I know PHP, MySQL, ..._______________]
[x] Copy editing [_____________________]
[ ] etc.

This way, CFL would be able to build a list of members with certain abilities, which could then be tapped for upcoming projects.

Excellent idea, Jonathan.

Mahkato
10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/contacts.php?mode=area, it says:

Pending Contacts (yours)
No contacts in process.

Pending Contacts (their's)
No contacts in process.

Their's is over-apo'strophed.

Also, it'd be nice if it didn't add #. to every URL. Why does it do that?

Austin
10-01-2008, 04:04 PM
On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/contacts.php?mode=area, it says:

Their's is over-apo'strophed.

Also, it'd be nice if it didn't add #. to every URL. Why does it do that?

Yeah, makes me have to hit the back button twice. :confused:

Mahkato
10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/precinctleaders.php?task=1, it asks some questions that don't really make sense to be filled out in each precinct, but instead could be filled out at the county level or higher.

Most of the questions could be answered with a dropdown menu with all of the possible selections available. For example, "What State House District are you in? Who is your state representative, and what is his or her contact information?" should just be "Select your state House District:" and then the representative's name and a link to their web site would appear.

mellamojuana
10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
at the beginning of each thread. This is likely my very last time on the RPForums because of the--forgive my honest reporting--low class, misogynous, vile-looking and sounding, four and five letter words, and the ugly name-calling, and vulgar terms. The B. Barr bashing showed me free enterprise in the USA. Forum users are free to use limited, trashy vocabulary in conducting their conversations, and their lack of consideration for others chased me away. I cannot waste my life on crap, fuck, shit, damn, turd, hell, asshole, douche bag, retarded moustache writing. Our enemies must love such ignorance and ranting.

Ron Paul asked for people to use "respect" in several of his speeches. I'd like to see that noted on the website. (Sorry, my technical skill re: computers is nil.) Thanks.

Don
10-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey Guys - Just wanted to let y'all know that we are listening and reading these suggestions. A lot of these things are already on the list. The fact we have a small staff working on a lot of projects means we didn't have time to do all of the beta testing we would have liked to, so your input is HUGE. Please keep it coming and keep it constructive. Please feel free to PM me if you have an opinion or idea you would like to share privately. I will forward all to the web team.

Right now priority one is security. I am going to be focusing on improving the state pages and map so stay tuned...

constituent
10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
I cannot waste my life on crap, fuck, shit, damn, turd, hell, asshole, douche bag, retarded moustache writing. Our enemies must love such ignorance and ranting.

and yet here you are wasting your life on "crap, fuck, shit, damn, turd, hell, asshole, douche bag, retarded moustache?"

^your words, not mine.

constituent
10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Right now priority one is security. I am going to be focusing on improving the state pages and map so stay tuned...

Don? Don.

Bro, c'mon.

Sandra
10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
The precinct walk lists should be with the free membership. This keeps those who can't afford the membership fee from doing the actual legwork. Not to mention the precinct program for RonPaul2008.com which was free didn't drum up enough effort except from us that were committed to it. I was the only one in my parish.

Joseph Hart
10-01-2008, 05:24 PM
My suggestion... donations only
I AINT PAYIN SHITZ! espicially with a credit card. :mad:

Conza88
10-01-2008, 05:32 PM
An overseas area maybe. And some way you can get in contact; search for those in it.

DirtMcGirt
10-01-2008, 05:34 PM
links to other liberty minded websites

Mahkato
10-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Minor bug: On http://www.campaignforliberty.org/contacts.php?mode=area, in the Coordinators sidebar, clicking My County county profile is 404'd because my county's name has a space in it. Just gotta do a quick str_replace on that to drop the spaces out of the link.

MRoCkEd
10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
Hey Guys - Just wanted to let y'all know that we are listening and reading these suggestions. A lot of these things are already on the list. The fact we have a small staff working on a lot of projects means we didn't have time to do all of the beta testing we would have liked to, so your input is HUGE. Please keep it coming and keep it constructive. Please feel free to PM me if you have an opinion or idea you would like to share privately. I will forward all to the web team.

terra eclipse

Mahkato
10-02-2008, 08:08 AM
On the Precinct Leadership page, do we seriously have to wait a month between tasks?

October: Better know your precinct (http://www.campaignforliberty.org/precinctleaders.php?task=1)

November: Get our known supporters re-identified and back on board

December: Get involved in your precinct

January: Voter survey

Ninja Homer
10-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Some graphic design changes I'd suggest:
The background - the brushed aluminum just looks out of place.
The shadowing around the content pane is just too much and too dark.
The image across the top doesn't look like it fits real well... that needs some work.
The red and blue title bars, button bars, and content panes are too bright. I know they were trying to match it with the colors used in the Campaign for Liberty logo, but as it is, it is distracting from the actual content. Those colors need to be washed out or lightened up a little. Actually, now that I look at it more closely, the reds and blues used within the site are much brighter than the reds and blues used in the logo.

Mahkato
10-02-2008, 08:26 AM
On http://www.campaignforliberty.org/calendar.php, why do the date fields default to December 31?

Also, when I submitted an event with an error (no description or an invalid date) it didn't remember what I had put in for the date and time.

RedStripe
10-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Would be nice to have a section that show-cases recently updated blogs, friends list, other social networking tools etc.

Also I'd like to have a way of editing my information (i entered the incorrect congressional district).

Mahkato
10-02-2008, 08:50 AM
I would like to be able to pay my dues and/or make donations via bank draft. This would save CFL a lot of money in credit card fees, and I'm sure a lot of people would set up auto-debits for recurring donations.

Mahkato
10-02-2008, 08:54 AM
On http://www.campaignforliberty.org/qna.php, the voting really needs to be AJAX-based, instead of 1) click radio button, 2) click Submit, 3) wait for page reload, 4) scroll back down to where you were.

mello
10-02-2008, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't mind a "Videos" page. Preferrably arranged by:

Debates
Interviews
Speeches
Fan-Made

afmatt
10-02-2008, 08:55 AM
terra eclipse

Dear God please yes.

Ninja Homer
10-02-2008, 09:43 AM
terra eclipse

Why not put up a design contest for the general look & feel of the site? CFL isn't restricted to the "must pay fair market value" rule, right?

Terra Eclipse did a nice job, but there are a lot of supporters who can do graphic design that could probably do just as well for a lot cheaper.

Mahkato
10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Will the RSS feed ever be fixed?

DirtMcGirt
10-02-2008, 10:29 AM
liberty candidate profile-
links to other liberty minded sites
overseas section

pebcak
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
I would like a checkbox to give me the option to stay logged in. It's a real pain to log in each and every time I go to the web site.

Mahkato
10-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Is there a way to change my username?

MRoCkEd
10-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Why not put up a design contest for the general look & feel of the site? CFL isn't restricted to the "must pay fair market value" rule, right?

Terra Eclipse did a nice job, but there are a lot of supporters who can do graphic design that could probably do just as well for a lot cheaper.
good point

terra eclipse OR 99designs winner

I would like a checkbox to give me the option to stay logged in. It's a real pain to log in each and every time I go to the web site.
yeah, definitely

risk_reward
10-02-2008, 05:17 PM
The precinct walk lists should be with the free membership. This keeps those who can't afford the membership fee from doing the actual legwork. Not to mention the precinct program for RonPaul2008.com which was free didn't drum up enough effort except from us that were committed to it. I was the only one in my parish.

I don't think we want any lists of that sort going out to any neocon who knows how to use a computer. They should at least have to support the cause first.

Mahkato
10-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Links to every page in the Precinct Leader section of the site should be available through the menu system. For example, to find My Contacts, I should be able to mouseover Contact or My Dashboard and see a "My Contacts" in the submenu, which points to contacts.php.

The way it is now, I have to click on My Dashboard (which, incidentally, should also be the first item in its own submenu) and then find my contacts in the sidebar.

Thomas_Paine
10-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I think it would be awesome if the site had a way for people to select their state/district and find a list of CFL candidates running for any office in an upcoming election - whether local, state or federal.

This is CRUCIAL if we want to actually elect the correct people

Sandra
10-03-2008, 08:18 AM
I don't think we want any lists of that sort going out to any neocon who knows how to use a computer. They should at least have to support the cause first.

They would still have the information, nonetheless. Your trading freedom for a unattainable 35.00 right now.

Mahkato
10-03-2008, 08:19 AM

CFL can't endorse candidates, so it would be walking a fine legal line to do something like this. However, it would be cool if CFL members could fill out a form ranking candidates in order of personal preference, and then the site would allow you to see, in aggregate, how others in your county, district, or state plan to vote in the local, state, and national elections. This would probably have to be limited to paid members only so that there aren't a ton of free signups made just to sway the poll.

Bern
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM

Yeah, it looks like there is a lot to the site hidden behind the scenes (ie. need to register), but I can assure you all that there will be 10x more people lurking than registering and many of them will be looking for direction on who to vote for.

Mahkato
10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
I would like to see some membership numbers. For example, how many people are signed up in each BPOU/district/state, relative to their population. Or the percentage of free to paid memberships.

Wadesc
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
In the comment sections, the name and portrait of the posters should be in line with the beginning of the comment, not centered vertically.

You cant tell who the heck is saying what because theres no distinguishing characteristic between two posts.

Hurts my brain.

DirtMcGirt
10-06-2008, 06:40 PM
i like how you have noted who voted for the bailout in the state file... maybe down the line you can continue to show congresses' votes on other important liberty votes or maybe a liberty ranking for congress( that may be hard but another site might have info). maybe down the line also include state's newspaper contact info, for letter's to the editor, etc.

Mahkato
10-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm getting tired of the gray gradient thingy on every table cell. There's a reason no other sites do that.

Mahkato
10-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm assuming this is coming, but on the State > District and State > County pages, it should list all of the coordinators for that area, so that people know who to get hold of if they need something. Also, elected official contact information (web site, phone, etc.) should also be automatically placed on these pages.

Mahkato
10-08-2008, 09:19 PM
There's not a clear distinction between the functionality of the Contact page and the Help page.

fight4liberty
10-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Since RP has said that CFL is going to be a bottom to top run organization with some guidelines coming from the top to the bottom, it is vital that the site be able to do fairly sophisticated polls to organize and consolidate the opinions and preferences of the members into useable form by the CFL staff. This would be the main communication line between the grassroot members and the CFL leadership.

By sophisticated I mean that it must have the capability of asking multiple questions with multiple answers to each question.

Moveon.org has over 3 mil members and I got on their mailing list for the purpose of seeing how they operate and quite often they send an email out to their entire membership asking them to give their preferences on this or that issue or candidate, etc.

IPSecure
10-08-2008, 10:27 PM
FavIcon is missing...

IPSecure
10-08-2008, 10:42 PM
That was fast!

MRoCkEd
10-10-2008, 09:26 AM
For those concerned about an unimpressive design:
I got this reply to my email:

Thank you for your suggestion. After reviewing the cost of web design companies, it has been decided to develop functionality over format at this time. We hope to improve the appearance in the near future. Your comments are appreciated.
--
Deb Wells
Campaign for Liberty

DirtMcGirt
10-10-2008, 04:49 PM
"Bells and whistles"- I occasionally check out dailykos just to have a chuckle. I noticed their map on "political scorecard" is very slick. If you guys could incorporate that concept it would bump the site's appearance up rather quickly.

http://images.dailykos.com/map/scoreboardc.html

MRoCkEd
10-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Will the RSS feed ever be fixed?
its there now

rancher89
10-11-2008, 08:46 AM
I already know the answer, but I'll go ahead and post my beef

We should be able to email all of the district coordinators from the website (as a state coord or asst coord) as a group

We should be able to email all of the county coordinators .......ditto above

We should be able to email all of the precinct leaders......ditto above

We should be able to emall all of the paid members...... ditto above

We should be able to email everyone in our state .....ditto above

Plus we need a forum not the Q & A section--what a horrible way to communicate--the forum could take care of all of the above possibly--with sections for each state and an overseas section

The answer is that it costs too much to include these features in the mailbox function.......

MRoCkEd
10-11-2008, 11:20 AM
- keep me signed in

MRoCkEd
10-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Sent 10/17/08 from Deb Wells to MRoCkEd
Subject: Website Suggestions

Hello, thank you for sending us the link to Ron Paul forums with website suggestions. They will be used to add to our IT Suggestion Box. Some have already been implemented!

Regards,

Deb Wells
Membership Services

keep adding suggestions

BagOfEyebrows
10-17-2008, 05:42 PM
The bottom up approach is where the ability and power to change things exists... and Ron Paul kept saying throughout his campaign that he wanted states to vote on things as the sovereign states they are, not the one size fits all government the federal government ushers in ...

So my suggestion would be to put in the Pillars of Liberty section the rulebook/guidebook for what your state rights are, which have navigation tools written right into them about holding elected officials accountable even before an election, that being our State Constitutions.

Each state is set up differently with different articles... Ron Paul, as congressman of a district in Texas, swears this oath to his constituents:

(a) All elected and appointed officers, before they enter upon the duties of their offices, shall take the following Oath or Affirmation: "I, _______________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of ___________________ of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God."

The constitution and laws of the state, as well as the us constitution... (worded differently in some states... in some states, just an allegiance to the us constitution, but the state constitution is the one to be preserve, protect and defend.)

Ron Paul must own a copy of his state constitution... is there some federal ruling that bans those in federal government from bringing up state constitutions? I can't figure out why the federal constitution keeps being pushed at us like it's the 'top dog', when state constitutions trump the federal constitution (and the real 'supreme law of the land' trumps anything in state.)

It's said that the federal government was supposed to be limited in responsibilities and power, and that most of the duties and responsiblities were to be done by the states... the state constitutions are the book that list all the stuff we were supposed to be 'protecting' in order to maintain the republic.

So why not empower people with their local level government so that we can clean up this huge mess a lot faster by learning the 'how to' for our own states?

There's nothing in the federal constitution about how to do it... it's in the state constitutions (which are more detailed.)

This is kinda my huge appeal to Ron Paul and the C4L ... I don't mean to be a pest, but I think our school system (both public and private schools) have kept the state constitutions from being learned for a reason. Within them, the principles we're supposed to be abiding, the things we're supposed to be doing... peacefully, matter-of-factly, and even 'easily.'

The federal constitution isn't at the top of the pillar of liberty... it's role is minimal (if it functioned properly, that is.)

State Constitution section, right at the top of the Pillars of Liberty. It's role is VITAL.

That's what I'd like to see on the C4L - cuz there's no greater tool for navigating local politics than to bring the state constitution and READ certain sections full of joy and query to town hall clerks, board of selectmen, senators, congress folks... they all swear an oath to that book. Re-introduce them to it, and watch them start to wake up. They NEED our help and guidance! We've got to give them a chance to start abiding by the law of the land... how could any of them know or understand when it got hidden from them all these years? With compassion, we can help them to understand and see what we've been trying for so long to say to them, to teach them. With the truth and the facts, they'll get there quicker.

Sorry for the repetive parts... I have a hard time being concise.

self-evident
10-17-2008, 05:46 PM
- keep me signed in

Second that.

me3
10-17-2008, 06:10 PM
I haven't created an account yet. The stuff about web design companies sounds goofy to me. I know that the community is loaded with people who would have consulted for free. Why they designed something bespoke is beyond me. Any of the major CMSes would have done the same job, but better.

Does anyone know if you can format (line space) your comments there yet?

Basic functionality like posting live links (with no follow or javascript redirects), trackback/pingback and formatting were standard years ago.

I know it sounds like I am whining, it's just a major crap when people dump an old site and all of the content for something less functional. Why did I bother to comment before, and why would I bother to comment now, if all of those comments may get dumped again? Why did I bother to link in from blogs and other sites, to stumble and digg dead articles and posts?

It's a tactic that discourages participation. For a web driven organization, the people at the C4L are incredibly non-web savvy.

Mahkato
10-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Get the ".php" out of your URLs. It should be campaignforliberty.com/education, not campaignforliberty.com/education.php

Also, see this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=143209) for a discussion of (.org|.com).

Mahkato
10-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Get the ".php" out of your URLs. It should be campaignforliberty.com/education, not campaignforliberty.com/education.php

Speaking of which, why is the "States" page "kb.php"? What on earth does that stand for?

Nate K
10-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Message boards for the county and district sections. Also ads to increase revenue.

Mahkato
10-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Once signed in, I should be able to see local people's real names (not just usernames) on every page. I'd rather not memorize the usernames of everyone in my county or have to click through all the time to see their real name. Contacts should also be labeled by real name. People outside of my county who are not on my contact list should go by username.

dr. hfn
10-20-2008, 12:49 PM
remember me box for logging in

blogs that dont dissapear off the screen

moneybomb meter

dr. hfn
10-20-2008, 12:53 PM
i agree that the map is ugly, i wonder how many staff are working on the C4L site?

I suggest also banners and links to the Ron Paul Volunteer Sites like:

Republic Magazine
ron paul forums
daily paul
ron paul news .net
ron paul planet
libertarian party
reason magazine
ludwig von mises institute
lew rockwell
common sense revisited
revolution broadcasting
rtr radio
break the matrix

MRoCkEd
10-21-2008, 12:48 PM
- the option to change your city or district
(i accidentally chose the wrong congressional district # and can't change it)

Mahkato
10-21-2008, 02:54 PM
- the option to change your city or district
(i accidentally chose the wrong congressional district # and can't change it)

They did that so that moles don't keep switching county and district in order to steal our data. Send a note to your district or state coordinator and they should be able to help you.

HOLLYWOOD
10-21-2008, 03:11 PM
How about HOT LINKING to posts/threads from here on RPF.

There' plenty of threads and posts that have extensive information and research.

I'm sure someone at C4L could do nice "MAILBAG" news feeds and link to good threads and posts.

MRoCkEd
11-06-2008, 10:03 AM
bump

MRoCkEd
01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
keep adding suggestions

as feedback: the new color scheme is an improvement
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

ShannonOBrien
01-08-2009, 06:10 AM
I'd really like to be able to see the precinct everyone is in. I emailed someone about it but they didn't really understand what I was talking about. All of the members on C4L are currently listed with only their county and city but I only need to know their precinct so I can work with them and those in the precincts around me. Does that make sense?

ShannonOBrien
01-08-2009, 08:45 AM
I'd also like to see the text boxes without character limits. We need to have it that way because for example, in my city we have 7 city council members that represent us. But there is only room for one. I also don't like that it doesn't let you know how many characters you have. So I spent a lot of time typing in things like contact information only to have submitted it and then had it erased and unsaved when I returned later.

MRoCkEd
01-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Submit your ideas under "request support" under the help tab.
If you are a dues-paying member, they will reply within 24 hours.

Imperial
01-10-2009, 10:06 PM
They changed the font, added a new member posts section that organizes member posts by most recent and most recently commented, and rearranged the page. It loads much faster now.

Also, it kept me logged in for the first time.

DirtMcGirt
01-10-2009, 10:17 PM
this is a bells and whistle idea but i would like to be able to go to the map section, scroll over each state and member #'s pop up. Also i would like them to have a favicon for iphone.

KenInMontiMN
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Message sent to Matt Hawes re the CPAC 09 Liberty Forum and its inclusion of the National Right to Work representative:

endorsing this organization is a huge mistake, it will greatly impede our ability to organize and recruit in many parts of the country. Working people have borne the brunt of lax illegal immigration enforcement and the national economic drain from ongoing massive trade imbalance. Endorsing a National Right to Work org will surely split us apart, the position must and should be that CFL takes no stance on the issue, a state matter entirely. We have zero tolerance for right to work legislation up this way, and for good cause. The CFL must disavow this org and remain neutral on the issue.

Ken Anderson

Frankly, I will burn my CFL credentials if this direction continues.

LibertyEagle
02-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Message sent to Matt Hawes re the CPAC 09 Liberty Forum and its inclusion of the National Right to Work representative:

endorsing this organization is a huge mistake, it will greatly impede our ability to organize and recruit in many parts of the country. Working people have borne the brunt of lax illegal immigration enforcement and the national economic drain from ongoing massive trade imbalance. Endorsing a National Right to Work org will surely split us apart, the position must and should be that CFL takes no stance on the issue, a state matter entirely. We have zero tolerance for right to work legislation up this way, and for good cause. The CFL must disavow this org and remain neutral on the issue.

Ken Anderson

Frankly, I will burn my CFL credentials if this direction continues.

Why? We have Right to Work here in Texas and it appears to work just great.

Seems to me that companies should be free to hire or fire anyone they want and not be coerced by unions. What am I not understanding?

Right-to-work laws are statutes enforced in twenty-two U.S. states, mostly in the southern or western U.S., allowed under provisions of the Taft-Hartley Act, which prohibit agreements between trade unions and employers making membership or payment of union dues or "fees" a condition of employment, either before or after hiring.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-to-work_law

angelatc
02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Seems to me that companies should be free to hire or fire anyone they want and not be coerced by unions. What am I not understanding?

Illegal immigration and state's rights.

LibertyEagle
02-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Illegal immigration and state's rights.

Ok, thanks. I didn't see the "national", before.

KenInMontiMN
02-06-2009, 12:06 PM
This is my reply to a question put to me regarding the Nat. Right to Work Committee:

Since the year I was born, 1955, the National Right to Work committee has sought in unabashed fashion to destroy unions, to undermine the right to bargain collectively, and subvert benefits of workers in the workplace. They pretend to be about the well-being and benefit of wage-earners but do nothing to advocate for them, rather are all about union-busting, destroying real workers advocates. They were founded and are funded entirely by groups of major industrialists and corporations- The Castle Rock Foundation, The John M. Olin Foundation, The Walton Family Foundation, The Sarah Scaife Foundation, and The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation. Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. gave the best description of the law: “'right-to-work’…provides no 'rights' and no 'works.' …Its purpose is to destroy labor unions and the freedom of collective bargaining...."

"The Foundation plays a unique role in the anti-union movement by intervening with workers’ efforts to form unions. The interloping group interferes with organizing efforts at various stages of campaigns, and even when a company and its workers have agreed to work together. To scare workers away from organizing, it supplies workers with propaganda and encourages them to file charges and claims against the union:

* The Foundation sent propaganda and a letter to employees at Johnson Controls, proclaiming, “[union representatives] are not Girl Scouts stopping by to sell cookies. These are full-time union operatives whose sole purpose is to get workers to sign the cards—by any means necessary. Often, employees are misled, harassed, or feel threatened into signing.”
* When Cintas laundry workers began a nationwide effort to form a union, the Foundation offered to fund workers’ lawsuits against the union. To date, the Foundation has recruited only one worker to file suit against the union."

-Former National Right to Work President Reed Larson on his years fighting unions.

Grover Norquist, by the way, needs to be handled very carefully, he's very much in bed with these people.

http://www.americanrightsatwork.org/the-anti-union-network/national-right-to-work/national-right-to-work.html

To whatever extent the Campaign For Liberty endorses the National Right to Work committee, it has become the pawn of the large corporate powers that be, and stands opposed to the rights of American working people in general. Neutrality on this is a must.

dr. hfn
02-07-2009, 05:53 PM
using Internet Explorer makes the page smaller i think, that needs fixed.

more useful canvassing and campaigning things need to be added to the store and downloads section. aka more slim jims, flyers, keychains, brochures.

there desperately needs to be an "always logged in" feature

The new front page design looks really smashed together and cramped, at least on internet explorer

C4L needs to advertise itself cheaply wherever it can. If it and the YAL advertised on XBOX Live that would be awesome!!!!!

yoshimaroka
02-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Please make sure to check the audio before and after recording.

Dr. Paul's latest video has audio problems; the audio is only coming out of the left channel.

MRoCkEd
02-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Please make sure to check the audio before and after recording.

Dr. Paul's latest video has audio problems; the audio is only coming out of the left channel.
yeah
the intro is fine, but not him speaking

DirtMcGirt
02-07-2009, 08:14 PM
I need the map section to be more like the meetup.com shtick, I need more brochures and a couple of powerpoint presentations on CFL and Liberty in general...also home page is beginning to looked cramped...
Good things- tons of good info on site...