PDA

View Full Version : O'Reily Spins the Bailout and Contradicts Himself!

BuddyRey
10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
First, he starts attacking "right-wing Kool-Aid drinkers" (funny, I thought that was pretty much the bulk of his listening and viewing audience), then he attacks Barney Frank, despite the fact that the two agree with eachother on the bailout!

Is he trying to save face with his partisan audience by attacking Frank, or is he just trying to confuse people into suporting this boondoggle by claiming that the "evil liberals" are supporting it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDou01X5d28&eurl=http://www.crossingwallstreet.com/archives/2008/09/bill_oreilly_on.html

heavenlyboy34
10-01-2008, 02:35 PM
O'Reily is a tool. He knows not what he says. He recites the talking points that his masters hand him. When he tried to interview RP, he fell on his ass constantly. That was a great show! :D

Deborah K
10-01-2008, 02:36 PM
I can't believe I ever liked that creep. And I mean I really liked him! I started watching him in 97 and stopped a little over a year ago. He sounds more and more like he's going off the deep end.

And btw, I stopped listening to and watching him because, after months of trying to get him to address the NAU (SPP) issue, when he finally did, he called it a right-wing conspiracy theory. He's not "looking out for you"! He's only looking out for his own. POS!

tonesforjonesbones
10-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Oreilly is a plant. He is an Obama lover and a Pinhead. tones

zach
10-01-2008, 02:42 PM
O'Reilly doesn't know his right from his left.

BuddyRey
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
I can't believe I ever liked that creep. And I mean I really liked him! I started watching him in 97 and stopped a little over a year ago. He sounds more and more like he's going off the deep end.

And btw, I stopped listening to and watching him because, after months of trying to get him to address the NAU (SPP) issue, when he finally did, he called it a right-wing conspiracy theory. He's not "looking out for you"! He's only looking out for his own. POS!

That's OK, Deborah! I have a shameful pundit-worshiping past too, though my realization came from the opposite direction. I used to be an Air America and Sirius Left fanatic. Thom Hartmann gave me my marching orders every afternoon at 1:00, and in reruns!

Thom Hartmann used to do a lot of things that, in hindsight, I can recognize as either logically flawed, or intellectually dishonest. He's an extremely brilliant and erudite speaker, so he conceals his biases very well. For example, he brings speakers or policy experts from the Ayn Rand Institute on, and claims that these people represent libertarianism (patently false, as the ARI and Objectivists in general tend to have VERY hawkish foreign policy views). He cites Allen Greenspan as a libertarian and an acolyte of Ayn Rand, even though Allen Greenspan sold his soul to the Federal Reserve and hasn't been a libertarian in quite a few decades, as evidenced by his early quotes calling for a Gold Standard when he was still one of the good guys.

He uses quotes from the Founding Fathers that extol liberalism in an attempt to make the case that the Founders were liberals. This is true, of course, but what Hartmann forgets to mention is that liberalism back then was a wholly different philosophy than it is now. The Founders were Classical liberals, not Left-liberals!

The one bit of cognitive dissonance that finally convinced me that Thom Hartmann cared more about Collectivism and "economic justice" than the truly liberal issues I cared about (ending the war, protecting civil liberties, etc.) was when, in the course of the same show, he declared that conservatism springs from the belief that human beings are inherently evil, AND that mandatory taxation should always prevail over voluntary charity. The sticking point: If man is inherently good as Hartmann claims that liberalism holds, then why does Left-liberalism not trust the higher instincts of man to voluntarily provide for the poor and destitute?

I was still a pretty firm left-winger until my political awakening last year (even my very early posts on these forums show just how deluded I was), but that flaw in his logic always stuck with me and bothered me for the remaining months of my love-affair with modern American liberalism.

Chabsfromcanada
10-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Bills a gigantic vag smothered in Vineagar. period.