PDA

View Full Version : Attention: LDS Ron Paul supports!

mconder
10-01-2008, 02:18 PM
I am starting an LDS facing blog to educate the LDS community though a liberty minded approach to politics. The idea is to help the average LDS person to break free of the false right/left paradigm and begin to be free thinkers and liberty supporters.

http://www.gadiantontimes.com

I am looking for talented writers who can write credible and convincing posts.

If your not LDS, please refrain from taking the usual jabs against Mormons. I've heard them all before. Your not going to convince us to leave our Church, so have some respect.

-Thanks

BarryDonegan
10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
if anyone needs Liberty, its LDS. you guys know FIRST HAND that the United States of America can sometimes participate in religious persecution.

Razorback Fan
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Great idea, tailoring a political message to your specific group in a forum they'll find meaningful.

But...I'm not so sure about the motto, "Awake to a Sense of Your Awful Situation!" That sounds like one of those poorly-translated Chinese Coca-Cola ads. Have you considered something a little less...weird?

amy31416
10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I think there's a Mormon or two on the forums, but given the amount of traffic lately, they probably won't see this. I think UtahApocalypse is a Mormon or was one or something to that effect.

Best of luck with your project, I hope it takes off in the community.

yongrel
10-01-2008, 02:30 PM
It should be called "The Seeing Stone." :p

mconder
10-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Awake to a Sense of Your Awful Situation!

It's a line from LDS scripture that refers to a nation being subverted by a secret organization called the Gadianton Robbers.

limnahlady
10-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I am a Mormon and I supported Ron Paul. I am curious how other Ron Paul supporters were treated by Romney supporters? I have yet to understand how any Mormon could support anyone but Ron Paul in light of our doctrine on AGENCY.

Here is a youtube that could possibly shed some understanding on the above phrase. It really isn't weird. It is a warning from a Book of Mormon Prophet to his people and to all people to live in America about FREEDOM. He is saying WAKE UP!!!

President Benson

None dare call it conspiracy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJNMcD2IY_k&feature=related

LDS Prophet warns America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehD390q9G3k

I am thankful for the Book of Mormon and for President Benson.

Omphfullas Zamboni
10-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi there,

Maybe you could ask these guys for help? LDS Ron Paul supporters:
http://www.ldspatriots.com/LDS%20Patriots%20Contact%20Us.html

Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

revolutionary8
10-01-2008, 08:10 PM
It should be called "The Seeing Stone." :p
Lol. I like it.
I have quite a few LDS friends, and boy do they know how to stock up on guns, ammo and food. I wouldn't mind being around a bunch of Mormons right about now, but some of 'em are somewhat confused on just who the terraists are, so that part worries me a little. :D

Omphfullas Zamboni
10-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Lol. I like it.
I have quite a few LDS friends, and boy do they know how to stock up on guns, ammo and food. I wouldn't mind being around a bunch of Mormons right about now, but some of 'em are somewhat confused on just who the terraists are, so that part worries me a little. :D

I am amused.

revolutionary8
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM
I am amused.
:D
My Mormon friends are the only people I know who have underground bomb shelters.
I have friends in low places.
lol.

zach
10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
bump for more people seeing this!

Original_Intent
10-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Check out http://mormonsforronpaul.com/, they have some good writers (I think) not sure if anyone hangs out there any more though.

There was another LDS guy that had a great RP site and why LDS whould support him. It is bookmarked at work I will try to remember to link it tomorrow.

Also good LDS oriented books that I am sure you have probably read, McConder:

An Enemy Hath Done This Ezra Taft Benson

The Proper Role of Government by H Verlan Anderson

The Book of Mormon and the Constitution by H Verlan Anderson

The Great and Abominable Church of the Devil by H Verlan Anderson (haven't read this one, but the JBS Bookstore used to carry it)

Good luck

revolutionary8
10-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Check out http://mormonsforronpaul.com/, they have some good writers (I think) not sure if anyone hangs out there any more though.

There was another LDS guy that had a great RP site and why LDS whould support him. It is bookmarked at work I will try to remember to link it tomorrow.

Also good LDS oriented books that I am sure you have probably read, McConder:

An Enemy Hath Done This Ezra Taft Benson

The Proper Role of Government by H Verlan Anderson

The Book of Mormon and the Constitution by H Verlan Anderson

The Great and Abominable Church of the Devil by H Verlan Anderson (haven't read this one, but the JBS Bookstore used to carry it)

Good luck
Cool site OI. :) It is always good to find more people that are prepared for the worst and hoping for the best. :)
One thing I must say about my Mormon friends- they are the best people ever, and they would do just about anything for their fellow man. They have helped me out and supported me through several of my pickles. :)

That is not to say I like the people "really in charge" of the Mormon church, but I don't like ANYONE who is "really in charge" these days. :D

limnahlady
10-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Jesus Christ is in charge and reporting directly to him is Thomas S. Monson who is our current Prophet, Seer and Revelator. I am just the opposite of you. I have complete confidence in Christ and President Monson and the 12 Apostles who are special witnesses of Jesus Christ. After that, all of us Mormons are just imperfect men and women. Granted some of us are hopefully trying real hard to keep the commandments. (they ARE Commandments, not Suggestions). But lots of us aren't going to make the "cut" because we are Tares.

There is a GREAT LDS group on Facebook. A guy named Oliver and one named Dan post incredible things.

Swmorgan77
10-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Sounds like a good idea, count me in.

I've got samples of my writing at http://utahconstitutionalist.blogspot.com

That material is primarily not LDS-centered, but the 3 part video series I wrote called "An Appeal to LDS voters" linked in my sig below is.

Let me know how I can help. You can contact me personally at utefan77@comcast.net

UtahApocalypse
10-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I think there's a Mormon or two on the forums, but given the amount of traffic lately, they probably won't see this. I think UtahApocalypse is a Mormon or was one or something to that effect.

Well I am not Mormon, I do however have many friends that are. Living in Utah the LDS religion is a part of life, Mormon or not. I have always stood up for them though as much of there persecution is inaccurate such as much of ours as Ron Paul supporters.

Swmorgan77
10-09-2008, 07:34 PM

I think the recent economic events are bringing a lot of regulars back to the forums.