PDA

View Full Version : Are we still working hard with our calls?

JasonC
10-01-2008, 01:59 PM
I kinda have the feeling that our efforts with the phone/email/faxes has diminished. I hope that none of you think because you called once that it will suffice. We must stay at it. One of the biggest arguments we have is that it is unconstitutional. Call them tell them that they are not authorized to pass such legislation.

I could be wrong, but does anyone else have this feeling? I know I have been calling daily. HOLD THE LINE! Keep up the effort.

Dorfsmith
10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
I get the feeling that a lot of people gave up. I've been calling and emailing all day. So has my wife.

Please everybody, let's keep the pressure on.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I've faxed about 1/10th of the senate so far with anti-bailout talking points.

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-01-2008, 02:16 PM
I think people let their guard down a little after the bailout failed in the House, thinking that we had won. Folks need to realize this battle is far from over.

I called my Senators today and tomorrow I will call them again (plus my Representative when the House resumes tomorrow).

JasonC
10-01-2008, 02:20 PM
I think people let their guard down a little after the bailout failed in the House, thinking that we had won. Folks need to realize this battle is far from over.

I called my Senators today and tomorrow I will call them again (plus my Representative when the House resumes tomorrow).

My sentiments exactly. We let our guard down. In the words of Jim Cramer(who I don't like) "Now is not the time to be complacent"

If you are not a user of the chatroom, you will not get the inside joke there.

LittleLightShining
10-01-2008, 02:21 PM
I called all three again today.

Bruno
10-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Called 'em all again today! I told them to get the 166 economists in and hold hearings on options, and that they spent more time on baseball/steroids hearings than they have on a $700 Bailout so far. I also said I was insulted they want to call it a "rescue plan" now instead of the Bailout that it is.

JasonC
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
The day of the vote in the house the chat room was packed with almost a hundred people. Watching cspan and making calls. Where the hell is everyone? Get your head out of your asses and get to work.

C4L needs to send out an email now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real_CaGeD
10-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I called the Georgia senators, they are voting yes. I called them print and spend RINOs.

rockandrollsouls
I don't even think a lot of people here took the time to call. There are those of us willing to make an effort, and those that just want to talk about it. Don't give up, guys.

speciallyblend
cannot get thru to any colorado senators , wayne allards voicemail is full and they will not answer phones and emails will not work and faxes im sure are being blocked..

you only get voice mail for other senator as well,so prepared to get screwed...
focus back on the house members standing firm against this bill..

purplechoe
10-01-2008, 02:40 PM
We better be, I know I am!

END THE FED!

ghengis86
10-01-2008, 02:41 PM
called my senators and rep again, multiple times today. faxed and e-mailed

anaconda
10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
If the DC faxes don't go through try their state office(s). Those have worked well for me. But most of my DC faxes are going through, actually. Probably less people faxing than calling or emailing.

werdd
10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
ive emailed and faxed and called my senators and reps today.

Badger Paul
10-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Already emailed my Senators

IHaveaDream
10-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I've not only emailed my own Senators, I'm making it a point to email every senator that goes to the floor and makes a stand against this bill. BTW, did anyone hear Bernie Sanders? I was very impressed with his courage.

kathy88
10-01-2008, 03:50 PM
I tried to phone several time today from work whenever I could get a break and both my Senators voice mail boxes were full. Email and fax today.