PDA

View Full Version : What if RP was in the race?

Havax
10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Out of curiosity if Ron Paul was in the race currently, let's say he accepted the LP nomination, what do you realistically think he'd be polling at right now? I am curious if it would be close to the 15% mark needed to be in the debates. I can just imagine him being in the last debate while Obama and McCain said absolutely nothing about what they would do as president for the bailout and they struggled to find differences between themselves. Ron would simplistically and logically appeal to everyone watching showing a true direction the country needs to go in. I can also imagine his numbers skyrocketing after the first national debate like Ross Perot's did after his first appearance.

Anyway, what percent do you think he'd be at, and if it would be 15%, do you think it was a mistake for him not to accept the nomination or run as an independent?

Truth Warrior
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
He was, he lost. :rolleyes:

Flash
10-01-2008, 12:28 PM
It would be less than 4%. IF he knew he could get 15% then he probably should've ran, but he wouldn't be a congressman anymore.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-01-2008, 12:38 PM
They decided long ago to never speak his name again. Had he stayed in the race, he's still be blacked out.

Havax
10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
He was, he lost. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think I wasn't aware Paul wasn't originally in the race for the RP nomination? If by 'he was' you mean that he was polling at 15% of the national population, you're wrong.

It would be less than 4%. IF he knew he could get 15% then he probably should've ran, but he wouldn't be a congressman anymore.

You really think it'd be that low? Bob Barr is polling 6% nationally, you think he'd really do worse than Barr?

They decided long ago to never speak his name again. Had he stayed in the race, he's still be blacked out.

He's gotten a lot of attention compared to when he was in the race. He's on CNN all the time now. Perhaps it's because he is no longer running. You can make the case all the other 3rd party candidates are being blacked out too. Regardless, it isn't good to not run at all because you know you will be blacked out by the media. It's essentially giving up (I know this is not the reason RP didn't run independent/libertarian).

Flash
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
You really think it'd be that low? Bob Barr is polling 6% nationally, you think he'd really do worse than Barr?

I heard Barr had 1%.

wgadget
10-01-2008, 12:49 PM
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...11759-ron-paul

Havax
10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
I heard Barr had 1%.

http://www.zogby.com/News/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1523

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...11759-ron-paul

Dead link.

freelance
10-01-2008, 12:58 PM

IF he had gotten fair play and this had happened during the primaries--if there had been a perfect storm, he might be the nominee today.

Truth Warrior
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Do you honestly think I wasn't aware Paul wasn't originally in the race for the RP nomination? If by 'he was' you mean that he was polling at 15% of the national population, you're wrong. Nope, just answering your literal question literally.

LittleLightShining
10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
If he was running he wouldn't be on tv as much as he is now and people still would think he was a kooky racist :(

constitutional
10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
RP would have been around 15%, double that of Barr -- no doubt.