PDA

View Full Version : Status: U.S. Senators up for Re-Election, Retiring, Indicted, etc for Nov 08

HOLLYWOOD
10-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Just remember, it's easier to bribe 51 Senators than it is 220 Representatives!

Why is the SENATE isdoing this anyway... PROPAGANDA! The HOUSE represents the PEOPLE of America... I THINK :rolleyes:

That Jackal, Chris Dodd D-CT... should be pitched forked by the people... (daily plug for the scumbag)

Who's up for RE-ELECTION?

Who's up for receiving more money from the BANKS/FINANCIAL coffers? Watch them all, but here' the SENATORS and status of their campaigns in 2008.

FACTS:

One-third of the 100 Senate seats are up for election every two years; on 4 November 2008, voters will select 34 Senators (one special election). These senators will serve a six-year term from 3 January 2009 until 2 January 2015.

Going into this election, the Democrats are at an advantage because most of the seats (22) are held by Republicans. Thus, they have fewer seats (12) to defend.

Eight of the 33 are first-term Senators; only one of these is a Democrat. One, Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) was re-elected in 2002 after retiring in 2000.

SENATORS that announced retirement:

Sen. Wayne Allard (R-CO, announced 1/15/2007)
Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID, resignation announced then rescinded) <=== SCUMBAG
Sen. Pete Domenici (R-NM, announced 10/3/2007)
Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE, announced 9/10/2007)
Sen. John Warner (R-VA, announced 8/31/2007)

SENATORS INDITED:

Sen. Ted Stevens, FBI on his A$$ 8/15/2008)

Senators and their status:

AL R Jeff Sessions (1997 - ) Considered safe seat 59%

AK R Ted Stevens (1968 - ) He will be 85 in 2008; under corruption investigation. Considering a challenge: former Lt. Gov. Loren Leman and former state Senate President Mike Miller. 78%

AR D Mark Pryor (2003 - ) Considered safe seat 54%

CO R Wayne Allard (1997 - 2008) Open seat; retiring. Candidates: former US Rep. Bob Schaffer (R) and current US Rep. Mark Udall (D) 51%

DE D Joseph Biden (1973 - ) Considered safe seat; running for President 58% <=== seat to be vacated due to VP position.

GA R Saxby Chambliss (2003 - ) Considered safe seat 53%

ID R Larry E. Craig (1991 - 2007) Resigned. Candidates: former US Rep. and Army Veteran Larry LaRocco (D) 65%

IA D Tom Harkin (1985 - ) Considered safe seat 54%

IL D Richard Durbin (1997 - ) Considered safe seat; senior senator 60%

KS R Pat Roberts (1997 - ) Considered safe seat 83%

KY R Mitch McConnell (1985 - ) Considered safe seat; senior senator and Senate Minority Leader. Seat targeted by DNC. 65%

LA D Mary Landrieu (1997 - ) Will Katrina backlash bite? 52%

ME R Susan Collins (1997 - ) State leans Republican. Candidates: Rep. Tom Allen (D-ME-1) voted against Iraq War 58%

MA D John Kerry (1985 - ) Considered safe seat 80%

MI D Carl Levin (1979 - ) Considered safe seat; senior senator 60%

MN R Norm Coleman (2003 - ) State leans Republican. Candidates: author and former radio talk show host Al Franken (D) 50%

MS R Thad Cochran (1979 - ) Considered safe seat 85%

MT D Max Baucus (1978 - ) Considered safe seat 63%

NJ D Frank R. Lautenberg (1982-2001, 2003-) Considered safe seat; he will be 84 in 2008. 54%

NC R Elizabeth Dole (2003 - ) State leans Republican 54%

NE R Chuck Hagel (1997 - ) Considered safe seat - has not declared; senior senator. Candidates: Attorney General Jon Bruning (R) 83%

NH R John E. Sununu (2003 - ) State leans Republican. Candidates: Portsmouth' Mayor Steve Marchand (D) Katrina Swett running as D 51%

NM R Pete Domenici (1973 - ) Will not run; implicated in US Attorneys firings. 65%

OK R James M. Inhofe (1994 - ) Considered safe seat; senior senator. Candidates: State Sen. Andrew Rice (D) 57%

OR R Gordon H. Smith (1997 - ) Other Senator a Democrat. Candidates: businessman Ty Pettit (D), Oregon House Speaker Jeff Merkley (D) and attorney Steve Novick (D) 56%

RI D Jack Reed (1997 - ) Considered safe seat; senior senator 78%

SC R Lindsey Graham (2003 - ) Considered safe seat. Candidates: businessman John J. Cina (R) 54%

SD D Tim Johnson (1997 - ) Considered safe seat if recovers health; senior senator 55%

TN R Lamar Alexander (2003 - ) Considered safe seat; senior senator 54%

TX R John Cornyn (2002 - ) Considered safe seat 55%

VA R John W. Warner (1979 - 2008) Will not run. 83%

WV D Jay Rockefeller IV (1985 - ) Considered safe seat 63%

WY R Michael B. Enzi (1997 - ) Considered safe seat 73%

WY R John Barrasso (2007) Appointed to fill seat of Craig Thomas (2007-2013), who died 4 June 2007. Special election.

forsmant
10-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-NE, announced 9/10/2007)
This seat will probably be replaced by Mike Johanns (r)

Micah Dardar
10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Here is a letter from Senator David Vitter of Louisiana. He is on our side in this. :)

Dear Mr. Dardar,

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to the $700 billion bailout package. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue and want you to know that I agree with you.

As you may know, the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act would provide authority to the Treasury Secretary to use $700 billion of American taxpayer money to purchase troubled assets. After studying the proposal and talking with many financial experts and constituents, I decided that I can't support it for three main reasons.

First, it is an unprecedented government bailout that will almost certainly pave the way for even more government bailouts at the expense of the American taxpayer - maybe sooner rather than later. Second, it requires people at Treasury to make tens of thousands of judgment calls about what they buy and for how much. The people making these decisions will be people from Wall Street who want to go back, causing great concern for biases and even corruption. Third, there has been no adequate discussion of the major reforms needed. I am afraid this big government first step helps ensure that Congress will not make those strong reforms - like breaking up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and requiring cash down for home purchases. I believe we should work to address the root cause of these problems so we can avoid future widespread economic troubles instead of simply expecting American taxpayers to pay the bill.

You may also be pleased to know that I strongly opposed and voted against the earlier bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. These two government-sponsored mortgage giants' own mismanagement and poor decision making caused their downfall and were a major factor in causing our current crisis. The plan to bailout these mortgage giants could cost American taxpayers up to $300 billion, making the U.S. taxpayers liable for up to $1 trillion when combined with the Treasury Department's $700 billion proposal.

The American housing market and economy has greatly suffered as a result of irresponsible mortgage lending and borrowing. There have been significant loan defaults and foreclosures, and many financial institutions have lost billions of dollars. However, I believe that taxpayers should not bail irresponsible banks, mortgage lenders, and borrowers out of their bad decisions.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future about any other issue important to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Senator David Vitter
United States Senator

__________________________________________________ _______________

Well, at least a lot of southerners still oppose central banking. Of course we don't trust what Wall St. says. :cool:

Bern
10-01-2008, 04:04 PM
TX R John Cornyn (2002 - ) Considered safe seat 55%

It won't be safe if he votes for this bill.

MsDoodahs
10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Bump for importance.

This is our guide.

The seats they believe are "safe" are NO LONGER SAFE if these guys vote to bail out WallStreet.

We can take some of them down.

:D

Aratus
10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
http://www.jeffbeatty.com/ kerry went 70% to 30% over o'reilly... he may do an equal likewise to jeff beatty...