PDA

View Full Version : New Bailout Bill in senate 451 pages long! PDF LINK

rockjoa
10-01-2008, 10:09 AM
New bill in senate 451 pages long vs. the 106 page bill that failed.

Link to new bill
http://senateconservatives.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/ayo08c32_xml.pdf

I guess if it doesn't work just add more crap to try to please everyone. Imagine all the extra gov't goodies the would of been added to the patriot act if it failed the first time.

Sarge
10-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I guess they shut that down. I can't bring up the bill.

Carole
10-01-2008, 10:32 AM
It is there. Try again.

Do a search on the word 'foreign'. Bunches of results, but here are two.

P 33 Sec 112 Coordination with foreign authorities and central banks

P 113Division B Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008

Looks like they have tied this to an energy bill also.

Mainly look at p. 33 Sec 112 though. :eek:

Tenbatsu
10-01-2008, 10:35 AM
I wonder how many Senators have actually read this bill. If I had to guess I would say zero.

Vote Waterman 2028
10-01-2008, 10:39 AM
its tied to an energy bill that helps give tax incentives to people who use solar, etc. Thats the reason it is so long. The actual bill for the bailout had only increased by a few pages. No need to freak out, other than the fact that it may get passed now.:mad:

s35wf
10-01-2008, 10:43 AM
fuck they tied this thing to solar .... we're screwed...:eek:

politicsNproverbs
10-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I hope the senate website gets bombarded like the House website did (see other thread at this forum about that, which mentioned so many people went to the site to look at their version of the bill before the vote, etc). Shows the people are watching.

I drew up a total blank dark grey page when I tried the link. And good idea about searching the document for the word "foreign"!

When they pump out these multi-paged bills like that in such short measure, I always think about the typists that must have been there all night working on it.

Sarge
10-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I hope this holds,

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=cqmidday-000002966038

HOLLYWOOD
10-01-2008, 11:00 AM
FROM Jackal Hank Paulson 3 pages to 451...

Good way to BURY FAVORS and FUNNEL the CA$H to who needs it, the WEALTHY!

and of course... FOREIGN DEBT HOLDERS

s35wf
10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
cspan has a copy posted. seem to be attached to a tax relief & mental health bill???

someone in anotherthread said it was tied to solar??? i dont know but heres link:
http://www.c-span.org/pdf/hr1424_100108.pdf

Falseflagop
10-01-2008, 11:05 AM
How much more sh-t did they bury into this bill? Like someone posted here I bet EVERY SINGLE SENATOR read it right? SUUUURRRREEEE !!

F'in crooks I cannot believe what is going on !

Sarge
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
They came up with hundreds of pages in a few days. That should scare everyone.

No 24 hours to figure this one out. Just ram it through and we find out later.

Otter Mii-kun
10-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Since when do tax breaks for alternative energy require us to face hyperinflation to bail out Wall Street? Since when do tax breaks for our men in uniform require bailing out wealthy Wall Street investors for hundreds of billions-more like Trillions of dollars?

It's even more pointless-no-serious than tying in an internet gambling ban in the name of "protecting our ports"! :mad::mad::mad:

cjhowe
10-01-2008, 12:09 PM
This is the emergency solar, AMT, mental health parity, rural school determination, federal land payment, hurricane ike relief and economic stabilization act of 2008

undergroundrr
10-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Also, just search for the word "Secretary" to center in on all the sweeping executive powers the Secretary of the Treasury is given in this version.

(c) NECESSARY ACTIONS.—The Secretary is authorized to take such actions as the Secretary deems necessary to carry out the authorities in this Act, including, without
limitation, the following:
(1) The Secretary shall have direct hiring authority with respect to the appointment of employees to administer this Act.
(2) Entering into contracts, including contracts for services authorized by section 3109 of title 5, 12 United States Code.
(3) Designating financial institutions as financial agents of the Federal Government, and such institutions shall perform all such reasonable duties related to this Act as financial agents of the Federal Government as may be required.
(4) In order to provide the Secretary with the flexibility to manage troubled assets in a manner designed to minimize cost to the taxpayers, establishing vehicles that are authorized, subject to supervision by the Secretary, to purchase, hold, and sell troubled assets and issue obligations.
(5) Issuing such regulations and other guidance as may be necessary or appropriate to define terms or carry out the authorities or purposes of this Act.

It also opens a new Office of Financial Stability, the economic equivalent of the Office of Homeland Security.

Chilling. He becomes the money fuhrer.

constitutional
10-01-2008, 12:39 PM
How do you read through a 451 pages bill in few hours? I mean... wow. This country headed to hell in a handbasket.

paulitics
10-01-2008, 12:41 PM
It also opens a new Office of Financial Stability, the economic equivalent of the Office of Homeland Security.

Chilling. He becomes the money fuhrer.

Holy shit. This needs to be stopped!

IPSecure
10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
cspan has a copy posted. seem to be attached to a tax relief & mental health bill???

We need tax relief, and they have a mental health problem...

freejack
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
How do you read through a 451 pages bill in few hours? I mean... wow. This country headed to hell in a handbasket.

They don't care about what's in it as long as their provisions have been added. Take this one for instance:

"Sec. 317. Seven-year cost recovery period for motorsports racing track facility."

phoenixrising
10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
They came up with hundreds of pages in a few days. That should scare everyone.

...because maybe it was pre-written like the patriot act???

Mini-Me
10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
When I write emails and forum posts, I often spend a lot of time rereading them and making edits so I can ensure they're unambiguous and bulletproof, so they cannot be construed to say something I don't really mean. In other words, I spend more time revising my casual emails and forum posts than the United States Senate spends revising dangerous bills written in dense legalese that will actually pass into federal law. Epic fail.

OferNave
10-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Hint: You think they wrote 400 pages in the last week? They plan all this shit out so far in advance. Just like the USA PATRIOT Act.

ihsv
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Well, we wouldn't want them to READ the thing, would we?