PDA

View Full Version : "People who "HARASS" their Congremen"

freelance
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
On CNBC, they are talking about the public's support and lack of for the bill. So, John Harwood said, "the people who call and write and harass their congressmen are the ones who are against it."

Oh, I see. The ones who actively participate are termed a harassers? How many steps is harassment from terrarism(tm)?

MARK MY WORDS. This will be used against us in future legislation.

NoPants
10-01-2008, 09:59 AM
This was the most polite harassment I've ever done! They don't want to see what we're like when we harass people.

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Twisted response from the media, but not surprising. The spin is dizzying. The media is again trying to tame a raging dragon, and make giving these guys and gals a little hell somehow "immoral" or "immature." Too bad! We should be the country of Sam Adams and the Sons of Liberty, not a nation where we are supposed to grovel before our elected representatives.

lucius
10-01-2008, 12:03 PM
My rep's assistant said that the calls were 9 against to everyone agreeing for the bail-out.

This bailout is like giving money to crack-fiends to encourage proper behavior...just not prudent...

Cinderella
10-01-2008, 12:04 PM
didnt one lady refer to us as timothy mcvaish?

HOLLYWOOD
10-01-2008, 12:14 PM
CNBC's John Harwood is an A$$!

I've seen him on other shows like WASHINGTON WEEK... he's a PREFECT example of the Washington DC CESS POOL.

He's part of the PROPAGANDA machine... wealth/Elitist stealing from the MASSES.

He knows it... TOTAL SCUM

surf
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
i thought my conversations and emails and faxes were pretty cordial.

ghengis86
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
If my respectful e-mails, faxes and phone calls are 'harassing', then the ones i'm about to send will get me labeled a 'turrurist'!

me3
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Isn't Harwood the asshole who pulled the CNBC internet poll after Ron Paul was winning it, claiming that we were cheating?

Then later half-ass apologized?

If so, Harwood is a class A jerk.

I've got a long memory for losers like him.

jcarcinogen
10-01-2008, 12:33 PM
They are also the station that said people against the bailout were "Timothy McVeigh-ish".

acptulsa
10-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey, my boss harasses me until I do my job. Keep up the good work, bosses!

freelance
10-01-2008, 12:52 PM
WOAH. I'm not saying we are harassing them. We have an OBLIGATION to let them know what we want. Last time I checked, they are supposed to be representing us.

I am shocked at what I've heard on TV this past week.

HOLLYWOOD
10-01-2008, 12:54 PM
My rep's assistant said that the calls were 9 against to everyone agreeing for the bail-out.

This bailout is like giving money to crack-fiends to encourage proper behavior...just not prudent...

THIS IS THE CONSENSUS... across the country...

EXCEPT what the 4th Branch of the GOVERNMENT is REPORTING, ah I MEAN, MSM!

UNEMPLOYMENT HAS ALWAYS been falsified

INFLATION has ALWAYS been falsified

THIS BAILOUT... is the BIGGEST FALSEHOOD of ALL!

Go ahead, Bloomberg, CNBC, CNN, FOX... manipulate the numbers for your Corporations, Elitists, Wealth, and ZIONISTS.

CONTROL the AIRWAVES and grandstand against the People of this country!

MsDoodahs
10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, a couple of the ones I've called have been really ... um ... let's just say ... I'm NOT intimidated.

:)

freelance
10-01-2008, 12:56 PM
let's just say ... I'm NOT intimidated.

:)

Ya don't say! ;)

georgiaboy
10-01-2008, 01:00 PM
according to the article linked in this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=160011), Peter Schiff won't go on CNBC anymore.

Call me gullible, but I would have never thought the MSM would give such blatant biased support to TPTB.

Hell, the House servers can't withstand the email load -- who is doing this if not real Americans?

georgiaboy
10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
WOAH. I'm not saying we are harassing them. We have an OBLIGATION to let them know what we want. Last time I checked, they are supposed to be representing us.

I am shocked at what I've heard on TV this past week.

+1.

Yep, last I checked, these guys worked for us, and how many times have we heard our Congressfolk say "We want to hear from our constituencies"?!?

Hey, Congress, seems you're hearing. Now, are you listening?

Mortikhi
10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Time to start a ChipIn to hire China to laser zap our TV satellites out of orbit.

I wonder how much they will do it for.

ihsv
10-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Time to start a ChipIn to hire China to laser zap our TV satellites out of orbit.

I wonder how much they will do it for.

I'd say they'll be doing it for free in the not-too-distant future :)

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I've never contacted my elected representatives more than once in the same day, I never spend more than a minute or a few short paragraphs telling them my thoughts, and I'm always incredibly polite (probably too polite). Everyone else I know that's contacted their representatives regarding the bailout has acted in the same exact way.

If they think that's harassment, I'd hate to know what they think the furious and unrelenting barrage they'll get if they pass this bailout is.

ihsv
10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Btw, my wife just "harrassed" our senator (again) :D

freelance
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
MSM (CNBC) reporting that we have come to our senses, and we (Mr. and Mrs. America) now realize what it would mean if they do not pass the bill.

They're LYING!

RockEnds
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
I faxed my Senators about the bailout earlier today. I just emailed them about the bailout and complained about the accusations of the corporate owned press.

freelance
10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I faxed my Senators about the bailout earlier today. I just emailed them about the bailout and complained about the accusations of the corporate owned press.

OOOH, GREAT POINT. Everyone let them know that we know that the media is lying.

Bman
10-01-2008, 02:37 PM
On CNBC, they are talking about the public's support and lack of for the bill. So, John Harwood said, "the people who call and write and harass their congressmen are the ones who are against it."

Oh, I see. The ones who actively participate are termed a harassers? How many steps is harassment from terrarism(tm)?

MARK MY WORDS. This will be used against us in future legislation.

So let me get this right. Apathetic people support this bill? Or do they just not care.

The news will paint anything however they want. Keep up the fight. I love nothing more than calling me Senator or Rep and hearing sorry the mailbox is full.

nodope0695
10-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Polite, concise letters to my reps and senators harrassing??? Hmmm, when did actively participating in the governent of, by, and for the people become "harrassment?"

WTF has come of our nation?

If they want to know what harrassment is, and what we're really capable of, they should ask Sean Hannity.

nodope0695
10-01-2008, 02:46 PM
MSM (CNBC) reporting that we have come to our senses, and we (Mr. and Mrs. America) now realize what it would mean if they do not pass the bill.

They're LYING!

How nice of them to speak for me on that....I hate them.

RockEnds
10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
This is my last email (with personal info reworked and edited):

Senator (Grassley & Harkin):

Please vote NO on the BAILOUT.

This legislation not only places an undue burden on the taxpayer, but also contains extraordinarily frightening concepts such as designating financial institutions as agents of the federal government.

... Our ancestors were not quiet in their opposition to the tyrant. Today, the voice of the tyrant fills the air of our nation. The corporate-owned media accuses the American people of harassing our elected representatives for voicing our disgust toward this bill. What has become of our nation? The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave has become a playground for scoundrels.

Please oppose this bill.

If you wish to do something to help this nation, work toward an audit of and an end to the Federal Reserve system that has grasped this nation in the clutches of corruption and left it at the mercy of its ill-begotten system of credit.

Thank you for your time,