PDA

View Full Version : Dow chemical - part of the problem - leaked internal letter on bailout

EvilEngineer
10-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Got this today forwarded from a friend. Looks like either Dow is about to go under and needs the 700 billion or this CEO is looking for a golden parachute. Either way... time to short sell dow. You'll find his contact info at the bottom... feel free to give him an ear full.

As many of you have seen in recent days, the importance of restoring economic stability through an economic rescue plan is of paramount importance to all of us. I want to share my perspective on this situation and its potential implications.

I am very disappointed in yesterday’s vote by the House of Representatives to reject The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 HR 3997 – the historic $700 billion financial rescue package. The bill was narrowly defeated and efforts are now underway by both Republican and Democratic leaders to renegotiate the legislation. Congress must avoid playing the blame game, get back to the negotiating table and stay there until they have enough votes to pass a sound bill. The legislation currently being renegotiated by members of Congress will help return liquidity and stability to our markets. The final bill should retain the additional safeguards negotiated last weekend, including improved oversight, as well as constraints on executive compensation for those companies that participate.

We need legislation now that helps bring stability, security and confidence back to the U.S. financial system. Failure to act is not an option.

America’s current financial crisis is more than just a “Wall Street” issue. Anything that threatens to significantly disrupt the economic health of large, medium and small businesses across the United States impacts all of us.

Customers and Suppliers Impacted
We have already seen increased volatility in the market and increased bankruptcy filings. We are currently managing the difficult situation and your Company remains financially strong. We know where we are going and we are agile enough to make the adjustments to see us through this crisis. But, make no mistake, it is indeed a crisis, for us, our suppliers and our customers.

Let’s consider a hypothetical Dow customer. Unless that customer has access to credit, its ability to perform day-to-day operations — like paying bills, purchasing, and meeting payroll — could be severely limited. Customers of all sizes depend on sound credit to meet everyday needs and to invest for growth and job creation. Whenever our customers are impacted, it impacts us as well, and it will very soon impact individuals everywhere. If you’re not sure, just check the balance of your 401-k during these volatile times.

Taking Action
It is your Company’s assessment that the financial issues facing the U.S. today will not self-correct. That is why we have been undertaking intensive efforts to build congressional support for a meaningful bipartisan agreement. I remain optimistic that this can be accomplished. I personally have sent letters to all members of Congress that represent Dow sites, as well as congressional leadership. I have also been making personal phone calls to members of Congress stressing the importance of urgent action. Your site leaders have been making similar contacts with their representatives and senators. Our Washington, D.C. office is working around the clock to coordinate efforts with trade associations, particularly The Business Roundtable, National Association of Manufacturers and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Our Washington office has forwarded to me the following list of Congress members representing Dow facilities or large Dow employee populations who voted "no" on Monday.

Joe Courtney (D-CT-2) – Allyn’s Point
Nathan Deal (R-GA-9) – Dalton
John Gingrey (R-GA-11) – Marietta
Gerald Weller (R-IL-11) – Grand Ridge, Joliet, Kankakee, Wilmington
Steve Buyer (R-IN-4) – DAS, Indianapolis
Steve Scalise (R-LA-1) – Employees live in his district
Rodney Alexander (R-LA-5) – Plaquemine, Sherlington
Don Cazayoux (D-LA-6) – Greensburg AMERCHOL
Bart Stupak (D-MI-1) – Employees live in his district
Pete Hoekstra (R-MI-2) – Ludington
Tim Walberg (R-MI-7) – Dow Automotive, Hillsdale
Joe Knollenberg (R-MI-9) – Dow Automotive, Auburn Hills
Candice Miller (R-MI-10) – Harbor Beach
Thad McCotter (R-MI-11) – Employees live in his district
Jim Ramstad (R-MN-3) – FilmTec
Ted Poe (R-TX-2) – Groves
John Culberson (R-TX-7) – Houston Dow Center, Memorial Plaza 2-3, Houston Univation
Nick Lampson (D-TX-22) – Clear Lake
Al Green (D-TX-9) – Houston/Westhollow
Ron Paul (R-TX-14) – Freeport, Angleton, Oyster Creek, Seadrift, Texas City
Gene Green (D-TX-29) – Channelview, La Porte
Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV-2) – West Virginia Operations

If you wish to voice your support to these members of Congress, you are encouraged to click THE DOW ACTION NETWORK where you can enter your home address and be directed to a page where you can send an email to your member.

For more background information on this issue, please reference the FAQ document.

It is critical that Congress take action now to pass legislation to restore stability to the financial markets.

Sincerely,

2030 Dow Center
Midland, MI 48674
Tel: 989-636-4147
Fax: 989-638-9468
anliveris@dow.com

sratiug
10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm sure they know a little about dumping toxic waste.

I think we need more separation. Church and state, and corporation and state. Officers of corporations should not be able to comment on political issues to anyone, since they are chartered by government, and unelected. They should get the same rules as preachers. For that matter, employess of corporations either, that would get rid of the lobbying problem. Let only free unaligned people speak. They want to get rid of constitutional provisions, let them be the first to lose.

2young2vote
10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
My congressman is basically a slave to the Dow Chemical corporation...i live in the same city that the world Headquarters are located in so Dave Camp pretty much does whatever Dow wants...along with the rest of my city. I don't really see why he wants it..He is worried about losing money yet his company is spending millions upon millions of dollars improving the City it is located in...

HOLLYWOOD
10-01-2008, 01:44 PM
YEAP... just as I and other have been stating the last few days...

TARGETING the representatives that voted NO.

There should be a LAW against this inthe workplace, period. ELECTIONS TAMPERING, INSTITUTING FEAR...JOB SECURITY.

A proven FACT: HR departmenst... AREN'T about HUman Relations... they are INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS to PROTECT the CORPORATION... PERIOD!!!

HOW ABOUT A LIST TARGETING THE BAILOUT yes voters and their stats... re-election, soft money, trail of monies... donations, etc, etc... show the CONSPIRACY and COLLUSION on the YES VOTES!!!

Damn, Chris DODD is on the floor of the SENATE touting HOOVER destroyed the country and sent it into a Depression with GOLD PENS!!! Gesus, he's SO ANNOYING when he speaKS, I mean, LIES!!

What an ASS!!! SPIN IT DODD... SPIN IT, you SCUMBAG, that helped get us here... DODD needs to be in PRISON for LIFE!

Wendi
10-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Dow is always pulling stunts like that. That's why you see their employee's cars in Clute & Lake Jackson with bumper stickers for whoever runs against Paul... but he always gets re-elected. No one actually does what Dow says... they just give enough of the appearance of doing it to keep their jobs.

Truth Warrior
10-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Well Dow is reputed to be one of the top Illuminati ( NWO ) AKA Global Elite families. ;)

Original_Intent
10-02-2008, 08:12 AM
YEAP... just as I and other have been stating the last few days...

TARGETING the representatives that voted NO.

There should be a LAW against this inthe workplace, period. ELECTIONS TAMPERING, INSTITUTING FEAR...JOB SECURITY.

A proven FACT: HR departmenst... AREN'T about HUman Relations... they are INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS to PROTECT the CORPORATION... PERIOD!!!

HOW ABOUT A LIST TARGETING THE BAILOUT yes voters and their stats... re-election, soft money, trail of monies... donations, etc, etc... show the CONSPIRACY and COLLUSION on the YES VOTES!!!

Damn, Chris DODD is on the floor of the SENATE touting HOOVER destroyed the country and sent it into a Depression with GOLD PENS!!! Gesus, he's SO ANNOYING when he speaKS, I mean, LIES!!

What an ASS!!! SPIN IT DODD... SPIN IT, you SCUMBAG, that helped get us here... DODD needs to be in PRISON for LIFE!

HR does not stand for Human Relations it stands for Human Resources.

There is a big difference. They see you as a resource, not a person - "We keep you alive to serve this ship! Row well - and live!"

If you are "broken" (not as productive as their spreadsheets tell them you should be) they do not give a darn about you.

llepard
10-02-2008, 11:56 AM
My letter to the CEO of Dow.

Sir:

I read your letter to your employees. What a shameful display of Corporate control.

The issue is very simple. The money was stolen, now who is going to pay? Those who stole it? Or the taxpayer?

A huge percentage of this country is against the banksters and corporatists like yourself who would like to loot the taxpayer to cover up mistakes.

We are not going to take it anymore.

Get used to it.

Sincerely,

Lawrence Lepard

LibertyEagle
10-02-2008, 12:02 PM
my letter to the ceo of dow.

Sir:

I read your letter to your employees. What a shameful display of corporate control.

The issue is very simple. The money was stolen, now who is going to pay? Those who stole it? Or the taxpayer?

A huge percentage of this country is against the banksters and corporatists like yourself who would like to loot the taxpayer to cover up mistakes.

We are not going to take it anymore.

Get used to it.

Sincerely,

lawrence lepard

woot! :D

LibertyEagle
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
LOL

I just called the number. This thing is real. I was transferred to their D.C. office, because I think they thought I was trying to help them in nailing down where this was posted. Of course, that was not the case.

We "chatted" for several minutes. :) I shared with him my disappointment, let's say.

MsDoodahs
10-02-2008, 12:33 PM
"Let’s consider a hypothetical Dow customer. Unless that customer has access to credit, its ability to perform day-to-day operations — like paying bills, purchasing, and meeting payroll — could be severely limited."

Someone explain to me how it is that a company pays bills and meets payroll ON CREDIT?

I can understand charging supplies, but if you have to use CREDIT to pay your bills and to meet your payroll....

Shouldn't you be OUT OF BUSINESS?

:eek:

sratiug
10-02-2008, 12:43 PM
"Let’s consider a hypothetical Dow customer. Unless that customer has access to credit, its ability to perform day-to-day operations — like paying bills, purchasing, and meeting payroll — could be severely limited."

Someone explain to me how it is that a company pays bills and meets payroll ON CREDIT?

I can understand charging supplies, but if you have to use CREDIT to pay your bills and to meet your payroll....

No, if you do it really well you can be a top Wall Street investment bank.:D

MsDoodahs
10-02-2008, 12:48 PM
roflol....good one!

Truth Warrior
10-02-2008, 12:53 PM

Short term "commercial paper" bridge loans and/or American Express and/or Corporate bond sales, and/or new stock issue, etc. ;) :D