PDA

View Full Version : A better bailout plan

worl
10-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi Friends,
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a “We Deserve It Dividend”.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.
Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00. My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend. Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
So let's assume a tax rate of 30%. Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads.
Put away money for college - it'll be there.
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs.
Invest in the market - capital drives growth.
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves.
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else.

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't. Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."
But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion “We Deserve It Dividend” more than the geniuses at AIG or in WashingtonDC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your friends as it's either good for a laugh
or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

Chester Copperpot
10-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi Friends,
I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.
Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a “We Deserve It Dividend”.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.
Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00. My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend. Of course, it would NOT be tax free.
So let's assume a tax rate of 30%. Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads.
Put away money for college - it'll be there.
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs.
Invest in the market - capital drives growth.
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves.
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else.

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it. Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't. Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."
But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion “We Deserve It Dividend” more than the geniuses at AIG or in WashingtonDC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic

PS: Feel free to pass this along to your friends as it's either good for a laugh
or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use $85 Billion!!

Incorrect math.. people would not receive $425,000.. Only $425.

worl
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Copied this & did'nt check math but still better than bushes.

unklejman
10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
$700 billion to all taxpayers would be $7000 though.

heavenlyboy34
10-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I disagree with your plan, OP. This whole debacle needs to be quietly euthanized. No good can come of it! :mad::(:eek:

mello
10-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I say that the bad debt should be liquidated while simultaneously closing the 760 foreign
bases & set up 100 bases on U.S. soil (50 bases along the Canadian border & 50 along
the Mexican border.)

The soldiers at those 100 U.S. bases will protect our borders & spend their money in
America. The money saved from the other 660 bases would go to pay off our debts with
China, Japan, & etc. which would help strengthen our dollar.

We need to get off the foreign oil teet as quickly as possible. I think that we should use
100 billion from the 1 trillion we would save from the foreign base closures & invest it in
Solar, T-Boone's Wind Power idea & geothermal. Here's an interesting story about this
geothermal tech that can generate 120,000 mega-watts of power:

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/08/28/new-mexicos-first-geothermal-power-plant-raser/

JosephTheLibertarian
10-01-2008, 10:28 AM
How about we just stop printing usd? For once, let the people come up with the mediums of exchange

mello
10-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Anyone got any other ideas?

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:13 AM

A Bust like the Mortgage Crisis is ALWAYS somebody's Boon. In high stakes poker, when some serious money starts to get lost, EVERYONE doesn't lose. Someone takes the pot.

We are as free to hold tight to our beliefs as Big Shots are to hold tight to their Midas-like fortunes. I believe I can rightly declare that I speak for millions when I say I am astonished afresh by the stinginess and mean-spiritedness of America’s Top One Percenters. Back in the day…you know, when dinosaurs roamed the earth…they used to say, “You ought to be ashamed of yourself.”

But the Conscienceless Uber Rich are shameless. It is disgusting that the tippy-top of the Top One Percent sits silently in their counting houses waiting for the Deals that will come into stark relief once all the crap has been bought up by a tax-ravaged citizenry, AND they don’t care that it is disgusting. I believe the expression is, “laugh their way to the bank.”

Yes, it IS disgusting…what’re ya gonna do about it? Sue me.

They may not be traitors but, almost without exception, they are the most extraordinary cheapskates.

I will propose a word problem, such as one might (and I contend ought) to learn how to solve in our excellent public school system. I know many object to public education, both that it is compulsory and that it is expensive, but I implore them to re-visit their positions. The only thing more dangerous and more unruly than Bad Guys is Ignorant Masses.

Secretary Paulson, who we have every reason to suspect of malfeasance, deems that the markets MUST have an infusion of at least $700 billion. We’re not sure whether that’s the $700 billion that was funneled on schedule, while millions of people were distractedly making urgent and heartfelt appeals to their elected representatives NOT to do exactly that. I will assume that $700 billion is still the skeletal price of admission.

Inspiring wider positive impact on the Market, Warren Buffet invested $5 billion dollars last week in floundering Goldman Sachs. It being so strikingly coincidental, it seems worth noting that Secretary Paulson was CEO of Goldman Sachs before he became “secretary” of the Treasury of the United States of America. Also that, until yesterday anyway, he was estimated to be worth more than SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS.

Wall Street higher on Buffet’s Goldman investment

www.chinaview.cn 2008-09-24 22:06:59

NEW YORK, Sept. 24 (Xinhua) — Wall Street climbed in early trading Wednesday, after Goldman Sachs won 5 billion U.S. dollars investment from Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc.

Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway said Tuesday it would invest at least 5 billion dollars in preferred stock of Goldman Sachs. In addition, Berkshire also got warrants to buy another 5 billion dollars in Goldman’s common stock. Meanwhile, Goldman also said late Tuesday it would raise another 2.5 billion dollars in its equity offering.

The news bolstered confidence in the nation’s banking system and sent shares of Goldman Sachs and major indexes higher.

Moreover, the market also awaited progress in the U.S. government’s financial rescue package. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke are scheduled to appear before Congress for a second day Wednesday on a 700-billion-dollar bailout plan to rescue financial services firms.

Oil prices perked up Wednesday. Light, sweet crude for November delivery rose 2.49 dollars to 109.10 dollars a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Editor: Yao

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-09/24/content_10104824.htm

In 2007, we topped the charts with 449 American billionaires. I spy a new Olympic event…Money Changing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_the_number_of_billionaires

Russia came in a distant second, with 87. Nowhere, not on the list of countries by number of billionaires, not on the list of the heads of government and state by net worth, does China appear…which speaks trillions.

It is reasonable to suppose that several more billionaires were “made” in 2008. It is equally reasonable to suppose, particularly after yesterday, that several have been knocked off their pedestals…which is NOT to say out of their Ivory Towers.

If you were worth $50 million last month and you’re worth $25 million this week…and make no mistake, there ARE such people…I’m not gonna lie, that’s a hit. Not a heartbreaker, except for the Loser. It surely doesn’t warrant government intervention but, equally surely, that’s a hit that will command a few life changes.

One of the tricks to word problems is sorting through what’s relevant and what’s not. That last paragraph…while provocative on its face and key, I think, to some bigger picture issues…has no bearing on the word problem. Nor, I happen to already know, does the next paragraph.

In what used to be called Generally Accepted Accounting Practices, it is customary to round down…to be conservative.

It is not conservative to assume a basic monthly nut of, say, $3179 against a salary of $36,000 per year by deluding yourself that they both constitute “basically,” “roughly,” “right about,” “pretty much exactly,” $3000 per month.

It is conservative to suppose that there are 400 American billionaires.

X = $5 billion, the value of Warren Buffet’s investment in Goldman Sachs.

Y = 400, the number of American billionaires.

Z = number of American billionaires making same investment as Warren Buffet

Part I:

Does America have enough billionaires that, if they each invested the same amount that Warren Buffet invested, it would collectively constitute a cash infusion of $700 billion and, if so, how many American billionaires who largely made their billions off of America would have to step up the plate of Service To Country?

PART II:

The original not-a-bailout bailout was deemed to be necessary “by” last Friday or hellfire and damnation upon us. Others hold that the first of the month/payroll i.e. tomorrow is the date by which, without cash infusion, hellfire and damnation upon us. The original bill was not passed by last Friday, nor did hellfire and damnation rain down. Do you have enough information to determine whether claims about the first of the month are true?

PART III:

Setting the language of the Constitution aside but bearing in mind only highest principles, write a paragraph on whether those who are established upon an incomprehensibly high socioeconomic plane might reasonably be expected under the implied Social Contract to exercise largesse at times of particular societal distress. Send it to the people who are well paid, by you, to claim they represent you.

http://peaceandcarats.com/

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2008, 11:16 AM

Simple.

Stop printing USD. Repeal all laws regarding currencies. Close down the Fed. Do nothing. Wait and see what happens.

Sorry, with my plan, there's no "fuzzy numbers" to deal with. :)

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Simple.

[QUOTE]Stop printing USD. Repeal all laws regarding currencies. Close down the Fed.

Simple, but not happening in this contrived emergency session, scheduled before their next recess.

Do nothing. Wait and see what happens.

The market is ALREADY adjusting. They are fighting to KEEP a bailout plan even as the boat is righting.

Money is Government's substance of choice.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
They are asking NOTHING from the richest men on earth, who are overwhelmingly Made In America.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
The Bush Dynasty could invest $5 billion before the close of trading today.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Cheney's got a war chest.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Where's Donald Trump? This is Reality TV like none other.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Five billion may not be chump change to Rupert Murdoch, but he IS good for it.

durden0
10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Where's Donald Trump? This is Reality TV like none other.

LOL. Paulson, Bernanke, Trump ... IN "The Board Room... to save America's financial future"

I'm sure it's already in the works at NBC.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
The richest and most powerful men on earth are hoarding.

The non-Americans are not our business. They are free to jockey as they see fit.

But OUR Uber Rich? The ones who made those fortunes off the effort and ingenuity of American Labor? At a time like this, I believe it's reasonable to have a word with THEM.

We are at war, and the "Situation" is compounded by a "Credit Crisis" that is really a confidence crisis, which is the bottom line on what ratcheted us from Situation to Crisis.

THE MONEY HAS NOT DISAPPEARED. IT IS IN OTHER HANDS.

The Players with the money are sitting tight, until the crap is bought up by already overburdened taxpayers.

I will suggest that hoarding that which is desperately needed, when the country is in Clusterfuck Mode and you have more of it than you could ever use, is traitorous.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:49 AM
George Bush, our President and Commander-in-Chief...and ostensible leader of an ostensibly free world, bulwark of democracy and capitalism...could PERSONALLY invest a billion bucks. Who, more than he, should put his money where his mouth is?

Cheney, that's who.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 11:59 AM
The World's Richest People
World's Billionaires
Luisa Kroll

The number 13 has long been considered unlucky by superstitious people around the globe. How fitting, then, that Bill Gates' reign as the world's richest person ends after his 13th year at the top.

Despite being worth $58 billion, $2 billion more than last year, Gates is now just the world's third-richest person, ceding the top spot ranking to his good friend and partner in philanthropy, Warren Buffett, whose net worth jumped $10 billion to $62 billion. (All stock prices and net worth valuations were locked in on Feb. 11.) Ranked No. 2 is Mexican telecom tycoon Carlos Slim Helú, whose fortune has doubled in just two years to $60 billion.

It is certainly a dawning of a new era. But not just because of Gates' fall. The 22nd annual rankings of the World's Billionaires reflects all sorts of upheavals in the list's makeup. Two years ago, half of the world's 20 richest were from the U.S. Now only four are. India wins bragging rights for having four among the top 10, more than any other country.

For the first time ever, the number of billionaires Forbes could identify crossed into four figures, reaching 1,125. The total net worth of the group is $4.4 trillion, up $900 billion from last year. Despite the turbulence in the U.S. markets, Americans account for 42% of the world's billionaires and 37%, of the total wealth; those shares are down two and three percentage points, respectively, from last year.

Sixteen years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia, with 87 billionaires, is the new No. 2 country behind the U.S., easily overtaking Germany, with 59 billionaires, which held the honor for six years.

The rankings include 226 newcomers. Seventy-seven of the new faces come from the U.S., half of whom made their fortunes in finance and investments, including John Paulson and Philip Falcone, both of whom became wealthy shorting subprime debt. Another third of the new billionaires comes from Russia (35), China (28) and India (19). Two of the most noteworthy new entrants are South Africa's Patrice Motsepe and Nigeria's Aliko Dangote, the first black Africans to make their debut among the world's richest. Dangote is also the first-ever Nigerian billionaire.

It is also a record-breaking year for young billionaires, with Forbes finding 50 under the age of 40, 25 of whom are new to the list. Sixty-eight percent of these under-age-40 tycoons built their 10-figure fortunes from scratch, including Google (nasdaq: GOOG - news - people ) co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page; former Enron trader John Arnold, who now runs a hedge fund; India's Sameer Gehlaut, who started online brokerage Indiabulls; and, last but not least, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, who at age 23 might just be the youngest self-made billionaire in history...

http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/05/richest-billionaires-people-billionaires08-cx_lk_0305intro.html

Doesn't India want some technology from us? Surely the price of that can skyrocket, along with the price of everything else.

As to this, "half of whom made their fortunes in finance and investments, including John Paulson and Philip Falcone, both of whom became wealthy shorting subprime debt," your money or your freedom comes to mind.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-02-2008, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=JosephTheLibertarian;1731279]Simple.

Simple, but not happening in this contrived emergency session, scheduled before their next recess.

The market is ALREADY adjusting. They are fighting to KEEP a bailout plan even as the boat is righting.

Money is Government's substance of choice.

I know it won't happen, but do you think it would be the best way to go?

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Why can't automakers ship the cars to dealers on credit?

Why can't car dealers re-write the leases directly, with consumers paying dealers?

Because no one trusts anyone, that's why. People don't pay promptly.

Oh, well, in that case, have the taxpayers pick up the bill? What the hell sense does that make?

So much of what ails us is because people lie, cheat and steal with impunity. Now, when we're up to our eyeballs in alligators, the Liars say, "We know it's a lot of money, but trust us."

A citizenry would have to be crazy, stupid or scared. Ditto, Congress.

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=cheapseats;1731316]

I know it won't happen, but do you think it would be the best way to go?

Stop printing USD.

Period? That's it? Not one more note off the presses? No, I don't think that would be a good idea.

But money needs to be backed by more than one entity's "word" and the other entity's "insurance."

Repeal all laws regarding currencies.

I don't even know what the laws ARE. It seems like kind of a free-for-all, and it bears repeating and repeating that some people have made fortunes manipulating the market. This much I do know, as from a lifetime of observation and the usual attendance at the school of hard knocks: the Honor System is inadequate safeguard against the dark side of human nature.

Close down the Fed.

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out."

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Revenue + Savings = Win/Win

AMERICAN COALITION OF COCKSUCKERS
10 June 2008

A series of sexual perversions, infidelities and indiscretions committed by several elected representatives of the People...some of whom have simultaneously championed legislation disfavoring other citizens based on sexual criteria...obliges the People and Government of a Just Society to review all Law pertaining to sexuality and morality, with an eye on rectifying the inconsistencies that are hallmarks of hypocrisy.

Once an institutionalized inequity is recognized, regardless whether it makes certain of us squirm or blush or cringe or revolt, a Just Society has no alternative but to review all Law underpinning the inequity. A Just Society has no choice. America proclaims itself 'round the world...including, fantastically, by force of arms...to be a Just Society. It is just, therefore it is necessary and right, to redress injustice. Principles only...moral relativism and shades of gray need not apply. Some things ARE black and white.

Whether the Law that contrives for prostitution to be illegal is worded to connote the equal guilt of both parties of the willing if temporary partnership established by outright monetary payment for sex, there is no question that the repercussions of the outlaw of prostitution fall disproportionately...indeed, overwhelmingly...on one half of the transaction's participants. A prostitute is, by definition, a criminal. Prostitution, selling sex, is a crime...therefore, a prostitute is a criminal.

By contrast, the client of the prostitute...the one who buys the sex that the prostitute is selling...has historically, euphemistically, discreetly and oh-so-anonymously been referred to as A John. Presently, it is even fashionable to speculate, with a good deal more compassion than is commonly afforded victims much less perpetrators of crimes...as to the textured troubles that torment the complex psyche of a man who pays for sex when he "has it all."

Prostitution is a crime that cannot be committed without both buyer and seller and yet, simply and unmistakably, there is not routinely a matching prosecution of the buyers who noted lawyer/journalist Greta Van Susteren referred to on national television...where products are sold...as Consumers.

Whether because of or in addition to a regular absence of prosecution, these Consumers, generally male, are also regularly spared persecution. Whereas a hooker is widely viewed as an inferior class of person, granted not so much honor as even the label of Labor, Customer John or Client Nine is largely at liberty to resume his version of normal affairs. While there may be hell to pay on the home front if, say, a wife learns that he has has been lavishing community assets on hookers, the husband is scarcely scorned by the society in which his marriage thrives, security-wise if not sex-wise. Far be it from Country Club Existentialists to cast the first stone.

It bears mention that the gender inequity that is evident in Prostitutional Law is, predictably, accompanied by class inequity. Consumers tend generally to be of a higher socioeconomic group than the hookers they patronize...that is why they are paying the hookers and not the other way around. The gross lopsidedness of prosecution and persecution reinforces the mounting impression that justice in America is a matter of affordability.

The State cannot oblige its citizenry to regard hookers and Johns equally, even were it to issue edict that hookers shall henceforth be called Janes. Society's views of Janes and Johns differ in no small part BECAUSE of the variance in their respective statures before the Law. Inequities in administration of Prostitutional Law that favor John over Jane exacerbate rather than mitigate a historical prejudice, which is counterintuitive to the essential precept that Law is intended to protect one from another, not to benefit or penalize one over another.

It is incumbent upon us to either legalize prostitution, or criminalize infidelity. It is.

Instantly upon objective consideration of the hypocrisies and inequities that have been institutionalized via Prostitutional Law, one recognizes that the same fundamental injustice underlies illegality of prostitution concurrent with legality of pornography.

Pornography, a multi-billion dollar industry, is predicated on the outrage that a woman's body may lawfully be employed as suits the fancies, fetishes, wants and needs of men while it is unlawful for a woman to employ her OWN body as suits HER wants and needs.

On its face, its is garishly sexist and altogether unjust.

The Inhibited, the Prudes, the Gladys Kravitzes, the Parents, the Preachers, the Holy Rollers and the Holier Than Thou's will prefer, no doubt, to criminalize pornography than legalize prostitution, but the task would be fiscally ruinous as well as futile. Guys have been secreting girlie magazines between their mattresses since they were, what, twelve?

Besides which, even those who nay-say nay-sayers are in agreement that the American economy is in shambles. What we need are additional sources of revenue, not additional costs of authoritarian and moralistic heavy-handedness.

It stands to Reason that American prostitutes shall organize into a labor union that will maximize both revenue to the state and reputability to the individual...what is known in contemporary parlance as a win-win. It is a non-marriage, to be sure, and it is perhaps not made in heaven, but it is absolutely rendered in the halls of Justice.

All of our clamoring for change notwithstanding, it can be supposed that there will be initial resistance to a legitimate, unionized prostitution class of labor. There will be the usual moralizing. As well, there is the crucial question of public health. But the truth is that Infidelity is already an established hobby, practically a national pastime, including is it the documentable hobby of some people who would confer the title of Convict upon others who practice similarly. Unionization and regulation of the Prostitution class is likely to heighten and standardize such precautions as may best protect the public health...again, considering that nothing is 100% safe and people are avidly engaged in screwing around anyway. Professionalizing the oldest profession on earth is liable, I contend, to have a mitigating affect on the divorce rate. Spouses are much more likely to withstand the damage inflicted by infidelity if it is a crass service rather than an emotional involvement.

A just society is obliged to recognize the feasibility, indeed the inevitability, of the American Coalition of Cocksuckers. Plus the acronym ACOC will slip right in to our line-up of alphabet agencies.

http://web.mac.com/implausibleendeavors/Implausible_Endeavors/Mounted_Sermons/Entries/2008/6/10_AMERICAN_COALITION_OF_COCKSUCKERS%2C_Part_1.htm l

cheapseats
10-02-2008, 03:17 PM
When flooding in the Midwest destroyed all those acres of crops a few months back? Hemp could have been seeded right then, in virtual swamps, and the farmers could have brought in one full harvest. THAT'S how fast it grows...THAT'S why it's called Weed.

Instead, the Taxpayers subsidized the Farmers...as per usual.

GET THE LEAD OUT, PLANT HEMP
25 July 2008

Biodiesel is in the news on CNN today.

Parenthetically, I’m pretty sure the newscaster is the Superficial Jerk who was on the red carpet at the Oscars...the one who disrespectfully inflamed Gary Busey’s disturbance and who encouraged whichever Insubstantial Beauty to feign-read-that-act, at another human’s expense, prissy and condescending.
(http://web.mac.com/implausibleendeavors/Implausible_Endeavors/ImpendBlog-orig/Entries/2008/2/25_Academy_Awards%2C_Merit_Badges_%26_Gold_Stars.h tml)

Today, he’s doing the Superficial Jerk by interrupting the guy who is passing along the DETAILS of HOW to run a diesel car on biodiesel with, “...don’t give us a science lesson.” How else, Superficial Face Man Jerk, would the viewing audience know how to incorporate the news and information the dissemination of which pays your handsome salary.

CNN blows...it absolutely sucks. How’s THAT for oxymoronic?

Right now, this minute, is the time to decriminalize marijuana and hemp. The savings of beau-coups bucks on enforcement/prosecution/incarceration predicated on illogical, inconsistent, capricious legislation has always been ignored to the peril of Justice but now it is ignored to the peril of Economics. God knows, we care about money in a way that we do NOT care about Fair Play.

Hemp is a completely renewable energy source, the oil of which can be used in biodiesel. Independent truckers are dropping off the charts. Trucks deliver America’s Stuff. America can’t live without Stuff. If there will only be a few giant Trucking Companies...no different than a few giant oil companies, no different than a few giant airlines, no different than a few giant telecommunication providers...there will be rapacious pricing.

Every part of the hemp plant is usable.

Hemp was instrumental in America’s galvanization for WWII.

It is right and just that marijuana be as legal, as regulated and as taxed as alcohol. Get over it. Or get ready for a class action discrimination action. All we need is coupla generous maverick attorney...who will, in turn, gain fame and fortune. Attorneys are big on fame and fortune.

It is right and just to decriminalize marijuana, or it is right and just to reinstate Prohibition of Alcohol.

Prohibition of Alcohol will address a number of societal ills. Let the Drug Lords have alcohol too. They are better businessmen than businessmen...a ROBUST Black Market will constitute a tremendous economic stimulus, with money ending up in hands that are more contributory to more economic stimulus.

The fantastic sums of money that are thrown by Alcohol Pushers at advertisers and lobbyists will never be the influx to generalized economic health as those fantastic sums of money trading hands on the street. Them’s the people that still have to buy all the Stuff. Pay large sums to fancy-pants Advertisers is Big Money paying Big Money to Big Money...what’re they gonna do, buy a twentieth big-screen TV, a tenth car, a third house?

Well, yeah, actually they ARE snapping up foreclosures. Speaking of which, I am hearing ads on the radio that gush excitedly, “The foreclosure market has never been hotter.” The ad is urging the Moneyed Class to add real estate to their investment portfolios by capitalizing on the opportunities afforded by record foreclosures.

Right now, this minute, is the time to cross-reference the predatory lenders with the investment-in-foreclosures people. Any match-ups should be the focus of most rigorous investigation, with intent to prosecute to absolute fullest extent of the law. Me, I believe that Seizing The Assets is a reasonable and effective punishment for crimes attributable to Greed. Take it ALL, except one million dollars...nothin’ cruel and inhuman about having a million bucks waiting for you when you get out of prison. Ask all the pot smokers who are languishing in federal penitentiaries.

Whatever percent of the corn crop, poof, gone. Swoosh, really. Homeowners know the nightmare of traveling water. Even apartment-dwellers...and Street People, obviously...know ALL about water damage. Not for the faint of heart, Trouble With Water. As of last March when I drove through New Orleans, I can attest that the full force of the federal government does not have a handle on water damage. Is not trying to get a handle on that water damage either, as far as I could see. Except in the financial and tourist sections, those are spiffed up.

The farmers are fucked...theoretically. But the farmers are not as fucked as the Taxpayers, who underwrite the SEVERAL programs that are mitigating the farmers’ losses.

For sure though, those corn crops are not toast, but mud. This season, for corn, is lost. The ground is too wet to plant corn, even if it weren’t too late which it pretty much is. It’s getting close to Harvest Time...when Drifters oughtta be drifting toward the farming communities that need cheap day labor.

But they could plant hemp right now. They could plant hemp in a swamp. It is called Weed because it grows like a weed. Given resolve and the swift stroke of a pen...such as Congress is CLEARLY able to muster when they give a shit about something important, like Terri Schaivo...farmers can plant hemp the day after they secure seed. This year, while those acres are unusable for corn, hemp will yield one full harvest.

If you grow it, the infrastructure will come. There are myriad uses for hemp, from fiber to resin...recall that our Constitution is written on hemp paper. Innovation is inevitable. It perhaps represents an opportunity to incorporate, so to speak, more of our Native Indian population by means other than gambling. It is my understanding that hemp was a mainstay for their ancestors.

For that matter, we could invite a few Drug Lords in from the cold. They’re better businessmen than farmers, too. And, really, what’s the difference between Drug Lords or Drug Lords when it comes to working the land at a profit?

As things stand, Monsanto is buying up the arable land. Monsanto = Big Farming. I guaran-fucking-tee all those people who NOT being allowed to earn money/pursue happiness by farming and trading marijuana and hemp that marijuana and hemp will be just as legal as you please once Big Money owns the lion’s share of the arable land.

I am told that Monsanto has developed a hybrid corn seed, tres expensive, that farmers are obliged to buy in order to yield a competitive harvest. Then, whereas farmers have historically “held back” seed from each harvest, for planting the following year, they are forbidden to hold back Monsanto’s Wonder Seed. They must buy new seed.

The price of corn has tripled. Food prices are skyrocketing. We are clear that corn is not merely consumed as corn on the cob and popcorn, yes? Just like crude oil is not consumed only as gas in our cars.

Corn feeds animals...note the price of meat and milk.

Monsanto is in Big Farming with an expensive hybrid corn seed, at the same time that Mysterious Powers are driving the use of corn in ethanol...at the same time that Americans are suffering and people elsewhere are starving to death.

Corn is not efficient in production of ethanol. The alcohol part of ethanol comes from sugar. Corn, being a starch, must be converted to sugar. That constitutes an extra step, compared to use of sugar beets or sugar cane.

Whereas stubbornly perpetuating the capricious criminalization of marijuana and hemp has always been hysteria-based and hypocritical to boot, I submit that given revised “conditions on the ground,” it constitutes gross, willful fiscal malfeasance.

http://web.mac.com/implausibleendeavors/Implausible_Endeavors/Peace_and_Carats/Entries/2008/7/25_9%3A__Get_The_Lead_Out%2C_Plant_Hemp.html

kathy88
10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
i say that the bad debt should be liquidated while simultaneously closing the 760 foreign
bases & set up 100 bases on u.s. Soil (50 bases along the canadian border & 50 along
the mexican border.)

the soldiers at those 100 u.s. Bases will protect our borders & spend their money in
america. The money saved from the other 660 bases would go to pay off our debts with
china, japan, & etc. Which would help strengthen our dollar.

We need to get off the foreign oil teet as quickly as possible. I think that we should use
100 billion from the 1 trillion we would save from the foreign base closures & invest it in
solar, t-boone's wind power idea & geothermal. Here's an interesting story about this
geothermal tech that can generate 120,000 mega-watts of power:

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/08/28/new-mexicos-first-geothermal-power-plant-raser/

+1776