PDA

View Full Version : When you can't get through to DC

MsDoodahs
10-01-2008, 07:33 AM
CALL YOUR SENATOR'S LOCAL OFFICES.

Tell them LOCALLY that since you cannot get your voice heard because DC is so overwhelmed with ANTI-BAILOUT CALLERS....you're calling LOCALLY and you want YOUR message passed to the Senator BY THE LOCAL OFFICE STAFF.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!

It is time for us to PRESS!!!!

PRESS!!!!

PRESS!!!!!!!

Dorfsmith
10-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Cool. I'll have to try and find the number for John McCains's AZ office. I can't get through on his DC line.

raystone
10-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Congress switchboard (202) 224-3121 has been "all circuits busy" all morning for me

Bruno
10-01-2008, 07:44 AM
CALL YOUR SENATOR'S LOCAL OFFICES.

Tell them LOCALLY that since you cannot get your voice heard because DC is so overwhelmed with ANTI-BAILOUT CALLERS....you're calling LOCALLY and you want YOUR message passed to the Senator BY THE LOCAL OFFICE STAFF.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!

It is time for us to PRESS!!!!

PRESS!!!!

PRESS!!!!!!!

Thanks! I couldn't get through so I called the local offices and gave them a piece of my mind (kindly and assertively). I have now added both local numbers to my cell phone. Last week was the first time in my life I had ever called any of my members of Congress. That has all changed. Apathy cured.

MsDoodahs
10-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Cool. I'll have to try and find the number for John McCains's AZ office. I can't get through on his DC line.

Number from ANYWHO.COM for John McCain's PHOENIX OFFICE:

(602) 952-2410

I have not tried it - if it is a valid number, let us know and we'll start a thread with Senator's LOCAL LINES.

PRESS!!!!!

PRESS!!!!!!!

PRESS!!!!!!!!!

MelissaCato
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Press press press !!!!

cheapseats
10-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Look in a phone book for the hotels, restaurants and businesses nearest Capitol Hill.

Begin calling them, explain that the government lines are down, ask if they could deliver a few thousand messages.

"I've been trying to call my Senator's office to tell them NO BAILOUT, and all the lines are busy. Ever vigilant about national security, I got to wondering whether y'all need our help. Thank goodness, your communication lines still work and you are still open for business. Does everything seem normal there? I was really getting worried. How's business? Any slowdown? Will you go out of business if I don't react to their your-money-or-their-storefront fearmongering by giving them three generations of wallets? What do YOU think of the Great Bailout? I'm not serious about you trotting over to Capitol Hill with our messages...unless you're want to, of course. I just needed to touch base with SOMEONE in Washington, to assure myself that our Capitol isn't under seige. Doesn't it seem like Homeland Security would be all over this? I mean, doesn't it FEEL like Economic Terrorism? 'Have a great day' is a little like a botoxed, collagened newscaster flashing their porcelain veneers after announcing death, destruction and disease. 'Good luck' seems appropriate. How's the weather, by the way?"