PDA

View Full Version : Vulnerable Senate Seats best chance for "No" Votes?

anaconda
10-01-2008, 01:02 AM
30 out of 38 vulnerable House incumbents voted "No." Perhaps the Senate will behave similarly. Some vulnerable senate seats apparently:

Smith(R) Oregon
Dole(R) N.C.
Sununu(R) N.H.
Coleman(R) Minn
Allard(R) CO (retiring)
Landrieu(D) Louisiana
Collins(R) Maine
Wicker(R) Miss

There are a few seats becoming vacant. Not sure what the psychology of a retiring senator might be. Maybe they've got nothing to lose. Or maybe they've got a CEO job lined up.

In lieu of a filibuster, what's some good strategy ideas?

Dustancostine
10-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Add John Cornyn R-TX to that list.

nodope0695
10-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Filibuster all the way, dude!!!!:D

bojo68
10-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Darlene Hooley is retiring, and she had nearly 500k in financial industry donations iirc. She voted for it.
Gordon Smith's voicemail is full, and he's playing jackass as par usual. The latest I've seen from him is he hasn't made up his mind up, I don't believe that for one instant. He's so impressed with his opinion that anybody else's is inferior and only worth an explanation from him as to why they're wrong and he's right.
I plan on giving him an earfull tomorrow, and he knows me by sight anyway. I refused to shake hands with him BEFORE he got elected a decade ago. He's running about 250k$ contributions from the banking industry, so he needs to be challenged to prove he has the integrity he'd like to think he has, by voting no bailout. Otherwise he's just another self centered money grubber that thinks he's trick.
One of the things I'm NOT going to do is give HIM a chance to say anything, at this point there's nothing he can say worth hearing, it's time for him to listen. If I have to I'll remind him he doesn't learn anything with his mouth open.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Since so many people are opposed to the bailout, wouldn't a filibustering Senator become a national hero? that might be good for someone's career....

Who's a maverick senator that might do it?

Scotso
10-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Sununu is done, no matter how he votes. Dole probably the same.

Scotso
10-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Could you give me a link to news articles re: the vulnerable incumbents voting no? I'd like to post that elsewhere. All I can come up with is a "13 of 19" from the AP.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Could you give me a link to news articles re: the vulnerable incumbents voting no? I'd like to post that elsewhere. All I can come up with is a "13 of 19" from the AP.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080930/us_time/thebailoutdefeatapoliticalcredibilitycrisis

Scotso
10-01-2008, 02:06 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080930/us_time/thebailoutdefeatapoliticalcredibilitycrisis

Much obliged.

bojo68
10-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Since so many people are opposed to the bailout, wouldn't a filibustering Senator become a national hero? that might be good for someone's career....

I've got one(Ron Wyden) that has a reputation in Washington of harming people that come between him and a TV camera(they pull a Dagwood Bumstead and crash). If he thought he could get some attention he might try it. I'll ring him up tomorrow...:)

kombayn
10-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Ron Paul should run for Senate if he gets the chance in 2010.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Ron Paul should run for Senate if he gets the chance in 2010.

I'll contribute to that. And I don't even live in Texas.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 02:24 AM
How about Bunning from Kentucky. He came out with legislation a few days ago to constrain the Fed. could he be our man?

Scotso
10-01-2008, 02:26 AM
How about Bunning from Kentucky. He came out with legislation a few days ago to constrain the Fed. could he be our man?

Bunning is suffering majorly from senile dementia. I don't think he's a good choice.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 02:33 AM
Bunning is suffering majorly from senile dementia. I don't think he's a good choice.

That would make him perfect for a filibuster!

Are you serious? Is he ill?

Scotso
10-01-2008, 02:49 AM
That would make him perfect for a filibuster!

Are you serious? Is he ill?

http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2004/10/12/bunning_kentucky/

Granted, you can't believe everything you read, but this isn't the only case of him being rather questionable.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 02:57 AM
Hmm..too bad. Hope he recovers and it's not alzheimer's. I seem to remember the name now from baseball. I'm not much of a baseball fan. I liked that he came out against the Fed recently. His face is pretty red in that photo. Maybe he's drinking a bit.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 11:26 AM
And let's not forget to keep up the pressure on the House of Representatives, so when anything comes back from the Senate they can shoot it down fast! Send the "You're Fired" fax to the Reps. that voted "Yes." Thank you calls to the "No" voters.

Let's hammer today on the vulnerable senate seats.

werdd
10-01-2008, 11:29 AM

If anyone has the balls its shelby.

HOLLYWOOD
10-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I betcha ANY US Senator where the re-election race is CLOSE, will VOTE NO on the package!

We know why... They normally report to Corporations, Wealth/Elitists/Zionists and not the people... but it takes the people's vote to keep them in office.

lets see what the retiring and Senator with BIG LEADS in their homes states vote:

The FACADE & CHARADE stop for a brief moment so that the Pandering HACKS can get themselves RE-ELECTED by the Igornant American Sheeple.

anaconda
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Here's my fax to Senators:

No Bailouts!

No Destroying the Dollar with Fed Liquidity!

Not a Dime of Taxpayer Money!

No Purchasing of Debt Instruments! (We Don't Want them!)

Be A True Statesman.

Filibuster and Become an instant National Hero!

Bailouts Will Prolong and Worsen the Economy!

Vote "NO!" to any Bailout Bills.

No Senate Cronyism with Wall St. Bankers!

damania
10-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Senators are High Class corrupt coporate puppets. You can bet they're voting their wallets and investments with this one. They'd throw you off the Titanic before you'd have a chance at the lifeboat reserved for them.

Scotso
10-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Senators are High Class corrupt coporate puppets. You can bet they're voting their wallets and investments with this one. They'd throw you off the Titanic before you'd have a chance at the lifeboat reserved for them.

Stop spreading such ridiculous lies! They're not high class. ;)

undergroundrr
10-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Add John Cornyn R-TX to that list.

I contacted his office today. After I asked how he was going to vote, the secretary gave me a poker-faced "Senator Cornyn has not issued a statement yet."

Pretty much the same from Hutchison. It took about 50 dialing attempts to get past a busy signal at her office.

Texans, you really need to call them:

Cornyn - 202-224-2934
Hutchison - 202-224-5922