PDA

View Full Version : New Palin Couric interview! LOL.

The Good Doctor
09-30-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8&feature=user

Enjoy this one peeps! :D

DJ24966
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
LOL - I find it sad she can't name 1 paper.

Arkris
09-30-2008, 10:46 PM
"Like what (newspapers) specifically? I'm curious that you..."

"All of them. Any of them that... um... have been in front of me over all these years. I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news."

LOL!!!

Thanks for the video; Although it's very sad and kind of scary, I can't help but just laugh my ass off!

mport1
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
She can't name a single Supreme Court case either besides the one she had just been asked about - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=159902

jcarcinogen
10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Ironically, she has a white wristband on.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 02:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8&feature=user

Enjoy this one peeps! :D

I keep finding small snippets of Palin making a fool of herself.

Does anyone know of a link to the entire interview where I can watch her flame out all at once?

humanic
10-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Unbelievable.

Scotso
10-01-2008, 02:13 AM
She's not bright, I get it. But I also get rather tired of seeing her name over and over. Surely we have more important things to talk about in the media?

bojo68
10-01-2008, 02:18 AM
I get more than a little ticked at people trying to crap all over Palin, but the same people think McInsane, Obama, Hitlery, Clinton, Bush are ok. Far as I'm concerned, she's got them ALL beat, and believe me, that's not much of a compliment.

Scotso
10-01-2008, 02:28 AM
I get more than a little ticked at people trying to crap all over Palin, but the same people think McInsane, Obama, Hitlery, Clinton, Bush are ok. Far as I'm concerned, she's got them ALL beat, and believe me, that's not much of a compliment.

I agree with you.

The attacks on her have a lot to do with the fact that she's an "average" person in government seeking a high office. They attack her intelligence, her experience. It stinks of elitism.

Thanks but no thanks, media types. I'll choose my own leaders.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 02:45 AM
I agree with you.

The attacks on her have a lot to do with the fact that she's an "average" person in government seeking a high office. They attack her intelligence, her experience. It stinks of elitism.

Umm, I think the "anti-elitism" paranoia is taken a bit far here.

I don't want "joe average" to be running the country.

The President ought to be a bit smarter than the guys you drink beer with, don't you think? Its a pretty important job, folks- I think we should aspire to something more than "I don't know anything, but I like Moose stew."

Sorry, I don't want a clueless dumb ass for President. If Sarah Palin wants to be Mayor of Wasilla, I'm sure she's qualified, but President of the United States? Not a chance.

I know, we are pissed because our leaders have failed us. Still, I don't think that means we have to start a "run for the bottom" and try to find a dipsh*t just because that dipsh*t is "like us."

Scotso
10-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Umm, I think the "anti-elitism" paranoia is taken a bit far here.

I don't want "joe average" to be running the country.

The President ought to be a bit smarter than the guys you drink beer with, don't you think? Its a pretty important job, folks- I think we should aspire to something more than "I don't know anything, but I like Moose stew."

Sorry, I don't want a clueless dumb ass for President. If Sarah Palin wants to be Mayor of Wasilla, I'm sure she's qualified, but President of the United States? Not a chance.

I know, we are pissed because our leaders have failed us. Still, I don't think that means we have to start a "run for the bottom" and try to find a dipsh*t just because that dipsh*t is "like us."

Why are you lecturing me? I didn't vote for Bush. I also never, ever said I would vote for Palin (and I wouldn't). But I don't think she's an idiot, either, and I think the attacks on her have exited the realm of politics and taken on a very personal nature.

bojo68
10-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Are you kidding?? After the aholes we've had Archie Bunker would be an improvement. We've already proven we are willing to have the dumbest and the most crooked repeatedly, what do you think you have left to lose? It certainly can't be integrity.
Guess I'm more than a little hot under the collar about the public in this country putting up with major dishonest crap out of people that some think are smart, and then they'll walk away from either Paul or Palin because they're honest and plain folk. I say pull your head out.of expletive deleted.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 03:27 AM
Why are you lecturing me? I didn't vote for Bush. I also never, ever said I would vote for Palin (and I wouldn't). But I don't think she's an idiot, either, and I think the attacks on her have exited the realm of politics and taken on a very personal nature.

When you run for the second highest office in the world, and can't answer a simple question without pissing all over yourself, you're going to get called an idiot. Frankly, if she'd been a man, she'd be getting savaged daily on a far grander scale (remember what happened to Dan Quayle when he made a couple of relatively minor slips?).

Palin clearly isn't ready. McCain was a fool for choosing her, and she's a bigger fool for accepting- she had to know she wasn't up to speed.

Lovecraftian4Paul
10-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Palin is a living Dan Quayle redux.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 03:43 AM
and then they'll walk away from either Paul or Palin because they're honest and plain folk.

I know Ron Paul. Sarah Palin is no Ron Paul. I find any comparison of Sarah Palin to Ron Paul to be nothing short of OFFENSIVE.

First, I don't believe for an instant that Sarah Palin has Ron Paul's integrity- not even close- she's just another politician- she's no Ron Paul. She's already proven that she'll sell out on any position at any time to meet the RNC criteria. I won't even go into her other ethical problems or the fact that she's more neocon than libertarian (she's a big spending warmongering "Republican).

Second, Ron Paul was attacked because his beliefs didn't fit in with those of the Republican establishment. Palin's problem is entirely different- she's utterly clueless - the exact opposite of Ron Paul, who was too wonkish for his own good and often talked over the heads of most voters. Ron Paul is a brilliant man who was often misunderstood. Sarah Palin has the brains of a moose and can't even elucidate her positions.

She can't even answer simple questions without tripping all over herself- I can't remember the last time I saw a politician on the national stage so utterly bereft of information- she can't name a single supreme court case, can't name a single newspaper she's read- my GOD, a bright 15-year old kid could answer those questions better than she did. Not to mention her utterly idiotic answers (or non answers) to questions about foreign policy and other important topics.

A lot of us on these forums discussed the possibility of Palin as Ron Paul's VP choice a year or so ago. We knew little about her, but on the surface, she seemed like she might have the right stuff.

We now know that none of it was true- she's a neocon who was picked to "fire up" the Republican base- she's done that, but she's not worthy of the respect of Ron Paul Republicans...

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 03:44 AM
Palin is a living Dan Quayle redux.

C'mon, give Quayle a break, he didn't deserve that :). Yes, Quayle was woefully unprepared for the job, but compared to Palin, his gaffs were minor.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 03:45 AM
I didn't vote for Bush.

One thing I forgot in my last post: THANK YOU!

nodope0695
10-01-2008, 03:49 AM
The magazines she most likely reads are:

Vogue
Comsopolitan
Glamour
Shape
Maternity Monthly
Parent
Guns and Ammo
Amerian Hunter (NRA's Mag)

and, I suspect:

Maxim
FHM

bojo68
10-01-2008, 03:50 AM
C'mon, give Quayle a break, he didn't deserve that :). Yes, Quayle was woefully unprepared for the job, but compared to Palin, his gaffs were minor.

BULL that jackass is still trying to pull crap to this day.

nodope0695
10-01-2008, 03:53 AM
...either Paul or Palin because they're honest and plain folk.

Ron Paul=intelligent, honest folk

Sarah Palin=simple minded, ignorant folk

RickyJ
10-01-2008, 03:55 AM

I find it sad that the MSM would ask her to name specific papers. She knows she can't name specific papers or magazines without making readers and writers of other papers and magazines feel slighted. She answered the question correctly becasue it was stupid of Katie to ask such an idiotic question in the first place. Who asks Obama what papers and magazines he reads? We know where he went to church for over 20 years. We know about his racist views written by himself in his autobiography. We know about his drug use and his lack of proficiency with numbers. So why isn't any of the MSM scared to death of him becoming president while they are scared of a VP candidate possibly becoming president? This is BS!

devil21
10-01-2008, 03:55 AM
The magazines she most likely reads are:

Vogue
Comsopolitan
Glamour
Shape
Maternity Monthly
Parent
Guns and Ammo
Amerian Hunter (NRA's Mag)

and, I suspect:

Maxim
FHM

She did say "Variety" in the interview. That's a magazine right?

bojo68
10-01-2008, 04:01 AM
"I know Ron Paul. Sarah Palin is no Ron Paul. I find any comparison of Sarah Palin to Ron Paul to be nothing short of OFFENSIVE."

Is that right. Ever heard of Salman Rushdie? "What's the right to freedom of speech without the freedom to offend?"

Are you trying to prove your less than she is? Your succeeding...

I simply posted that her and Paul were plain folk, and honest, and you chose to go off on all kinds of irrelevant tangents.
I think I'm done with this thread, it's deteriorated pretty bad.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 04:06 AM
I find it sad that the MSM would ask her to name specific papers. She knows she can't name specific papers or magazines without making readers and writers of other papers and magazines feel slighted. She answered the question correctly becasue it was stupid of Katie to ask such an idiotic question in the first place. Who asks Obama what papers and magazines he reads? We know where he went to church for over 20 years. We know about his racist views written by himself in his autobiography. We know about his drug use and his lack of proficiency with numbers. So why isn't any of the MSM scared to death of him becoming president while they are scared of a VP candidate possibly becoming president? This is BS!

Give me a break, she wasn't worried about making "writers feel bad", she had a BRAIN FART and couldn't think of the name of any paper.

Hell, all she had to do was say "I read the Fairbanks Press (or whatever the local fish wrap is called), Wall Street Journal, and New York Times".

Question answered. No one would have blinked at that answer.

Instead, she just babbled- thank God she didn't drool on herself.

Frankly, if she'd wanted to be edgy and modern, she should have said "I read the ONLINE versions of the Fairbanks Press, Wall Street Journal, and New York Times".

Again, this wasn't difficult stuff, they didn't ask her to explain the differences between Sunni and Shia Islam or ask her who the leader of Uzbekistan was- those would have been "gotcha" questions.

This was a simple question that most of us could have answered- and it utterly flummoxed Sarah. Scary...

bojo68
10-01-2008, 04:08 AM

Another thing that gets me, is Palin being interviewed by Couric, and all these step and fetch it's repeat the party line about Palin being stupid. SORRY but Couric can knock the stupid meter for a loop all by herself, but ya think any of these guys would catch on?? Nope, that's not in the script they're repeating.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 04:10 AM
"I know Ron Paul. Sarah Palin is no Ron Paul. I find any comparison of Sarah Palin to Ron Paul to be nothing short of OFFENSIVE."

Is that right. Ever heard of Salman Rushdie? "What's the right to freedom of speech without the freedom to offend?"

Are you trying to prove your less than she is? Your succeeding...

I simply posted that her and Paul were plain folk, and honest, and you chose to go off on all kinds of irrelevant tangents.
I think I'm done with this thread, it's deteriorated pretty bad.

Blather.

I didn't say you couldn't offend me, I said your statement was offensive - an insult to Ron Paul (and, frankly, stupid).

If that offends you, curl up in a ball with a box of tissues- it won't bother me.

And Sarah Palin remains... an idiot.

bbagnall
10-01-2008, 09:37 AM
I agree with you.

I absolutely agree with both of you. She probably gets her news off the Internet like the rest of us, rather than the New York based propaganda tools. The people here who are buying into the media propaganda about Palin are really starting to get me down. I thought the Ron Paul movement of all places would be skeptical of the media, yet they seem to be swallowing their story hook-line and sinker. Frankly the Couric interview looked extremely hostile, with Couric looking off camera and smirking. How would any of us do in a situation like that?

I'm more or less neutral on Palin. She's better than the other three, but not our savior. I heard Ron Paul likes her. She probably threatens the establishment. What's wrong with that?

freelance
10-01-2008, 09:40 AM
I couldn't even watch the whole thing. I cannot stand this woman, but I almost felt myself being embarrassed for her. Unfortunately, she's the perfect caricature for what our country has become.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Frankly the Couric interview looked extremely hostile, with Couric looking off camera and smirking. How would any of us do in a situation like that?

How could anyone not smirk? Palin's answers were positively cringeworthy. I think Couric was more stunned by Palin's answers than anything else, she looked incredulous. I think she was just caught off guard by the shocking stupidity of Palin's answers.

I've been watching politics for a long time, and I've never seen any politician running for national office do that badly in an interview (possible exception: David Duke on Russert years ago- but Russert was going for his throat, not tossing out softballs like Couric did).

Indy Vidual
10-01-2008, 11:26 AM

She doesn't seem very bright. :p

amonasro
10-01-2008, 11:28 AM
She doesn't seem very bright. :p

From what I've seen, intelligence isn't a requirement in high political offices.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 11:56 AM
From what I've seen, intelligence isn't a requirement in high political offices.

True.

First we had Bush.

Then they took it up (down?) a notch by nominating McCain.

Then McCain showed how low they can go by picking a dimwit for his running mate.

We are soooo screwed!

bbagnall
10-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Has anyone seen the classic Capra film Mr. Smith Goes to Washington? In it regular guy goes to Washington, the press hounds and establishment politicians completely tear him to pieces, but he perseveres and ends up rooting out corruption.

Palin is very reminiscent of that. The first thing she did in Alaskan politics is drum out the corrupt Republicans. She spent less Federal dollars than even Ron Paul did in his district. She had an 80% approval rating.

She is a true outsider! That's what we want right now. She is Libertarian leaning. She might just have the resolve to kick out corruption from Washington. Just like the movie, the media is absolutely making a mockery out of her. Sorry, but I don't get my opinions from the media. They are the establishment, so it is no surprise they are trying to tear her throat out. I like the fact that she hasn't yet been bought the way the "experienced" politicians have.

The Lantern
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM

She probably really did not know which papers she had read. Most Governor's get a daily synopsis of the news prepared by a staff member or a news service. It's called the Governor's Daily News Briefing. By combining newspaper articles and not concentrating on one or two sources, you get a well rounded view of current events. You also get much more in depth analysis than any single news organization could give.