PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - Running as a Write-in Candidate in SC District 2

phoenix1861
09-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I just wanted to let all the revolutionaries in South Carolina know that I have decided to offer my name as a write-in for Congress in District Two, a seat currently held by neocon Joe Wilson. Wilson has repeatedly voted for whatever George W. Bush has asked for, including the recent Paulson bailout bill, and I would hate to see him go unchallenged. Unfortunately, neither the Libertarian nor Constitution Parties will be running anyone against him this year.

Write-in candidacies do not often resonate with the public, but I'm fed up with sitting on the sidelines while our freedoms are taken away. Unless ordinary citizens start participating in the process, we will never reclaim our country. I intend to do what little I can to challenge the status quo, and to give the friends of freedom someone to vote for instead of the lesser of the available evils.

I hope to have a small website up by the end of the week, will be scraping up the cash to purchase a couple of yard signs that I can strategically place in the district, and plan to create some hand-outs. I would appreciate any help that my fellow Ron Paulians can give in spreading the word.

I can be reached through my blog or directly at rhawes73(at)gmail.com.

LandonCook
09-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I am also running a race. =)

I wish you could of gotten in with a party. Even if it was with the Democrats. I think Rob Miller is running on the Democratic ticket, correct?

Anyway... If I were you, I would work solely on one county from now until the election. You can't out campaign the big R&D with only one month in campaign to spare. But the campaign will give you good experience, and working on one county outside your own will give you a broader spectrum of the political field.

I also suggest rough door to door, and MAKE SURE to write down the names, and addresses of any independent voter.

They will be your base in future elections.

Good luck!