PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul talked like he would not run again!

CountryMe
09-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Oh, I sure hated to hear that when Ron Paul talked like on Colmes Radio that he would not run again for president :(

RSLudlum
09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
It's up to us to keep carrying the torch with RP's help. :)

werdd
09-30-2008, 08:41 PM
hes going to be 77 in 2012...

Cant blame the man for wanting to enjoy his golden years.

Although i do think ron is going to live to be 100+.

He said he is more interested in talking about the issues, we are the real torch bearers... we have the debt of carrying on the revolution long after ron paul.

ihsv
09-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Sadly, I don't think there's going to be an America to be president of in 2012. We'll have an NAU and a global economic system. I'm becoming more and more convinced that when the dollar dies, they're going to skip the Amero and just create a global monetary system.

jmlfod87
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
gj to the toman who called in backing ron paul's monetary policy. most eloquent and knowledgeable.

CountryMe
09-30-2008, 09:31 PM

He said he is more interested in talking about the issues, we are the real torch bearers... we have the debt of carrying on the revolution long after ron paul.

That's why I said I understand but it's still sad. He has the guts to stand up for less government and more freedoms which very few do in the face of pressure! Look at those that are against the Bailout that have talked like they might support the Bailout if something else was added :( Ron Paul doesn't care what is added or left out and he don't care if they threaten to take him off a committee or anything else, he stands his ground. How many do that? As much as I would love to put my faith in a third party there's just not enough support. Look at all those standing behind Obama or McCain even with many of their supporters against the Bailout. Doesn't make sense! Anyone can tell by listening to them there is not much difference but people stand by their party regardless.

mport1
09-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Audio clip?

oilboiler
09-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Don't forget he has a couple of fine sons, and there are also others who will appear at the darkest hour.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh, I sure hated to hear that when Ron Paul talked like on Colmes Radio that he would not run again for president :(

oh well. I doubt there will be another election.

AJ Antimony
09-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Perhaps he'll let Jesse Ventura be the Presidential Campaign in '12 while Ron remains with his Campaign for Liberty.

Or...

Ventura
Paul 2012

Kotin
09-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Perhaps he'll let Jesse Ventura be the Presidential Campaign in '12 while Ron remains with his Campaign for Liberty.

Or...

Ventura
Paul 2012

I like the sound of that!

Alawn
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
It is not so surprising. People wouldn't go for a 77 year old unless it was for a second term.

AJ Antimony
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I like the sound of that!

The only reason I say Ventura/Paul is because of one question: who else does Jesse have to pick for a credible running mate? He probably wants to pick a fellow independent, but who is there?

Can't pick Dean Barkley, he also lives in Minnesota.
Won't pick Joe Lieberman or Michael Bloomberg, they're the bad kind of Independents.
Gov. Gary Johnson? I'm not familiar with how tied to his party he is. Ventura won't pick him if his party has any control over him.
Really the only Democrat or Republican I could see Jesse pick who is at the same time credible (Congressman/Senator/Governor) is Ron.

Scotso
10-01-2008, 12:21 AM
The USA is not going to fall in the next 4 years, sorry to burst some bubbles.

Hopefully a credible *person* steps up to be a good leader and torch bearer for the movement, with Ron Paul's mentorship. It's nice that there are so many of us now, but for presidential politics, we need one candidate we can rally behind. Ron Paul was the rare and great kind of man that could inspire so many of us (and that's not easy, we're the most individualistic political group in the country by far, and even those in our ranks have trouble agreeing on things). We need others who can unify us to be a real political force. I think it's rather telling that Ron Paul's supporters have splintered off in every direction (as far as choosing a candidate to support) since Paul exited the race.

Scotso
10-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Am I the only person not sold on Ventura? He's a maverick, sure, but I'm not sold on him really being a libertarian-minded leader. I kind of think his support for the C4L was more motivated by political opportunism. Ventura likes an audience. I really think people could rally behind Mary Ruwart if we can retake the Libertarian Party from the (ex?)neocons.

Don't forget he has a couple of fine sons, and there are also others who will appear at the darkest hour.

Rand Paul is a sexy beast.

LibertiORDeth
10-01-2008, 12:23 AM

Word. RP started the movement, good job and all, but he's not a fucking god people, get over it, find another liberty minded person to run.

RonPaulVolunteer
10-01-2008, 12:25 AM
BJ Lawson, FTW.

tomveil
10-01-2008, 01:43 AM
Myself, I hope that Ron Paul can retire as soon as possible so he can sit back and watch us change the country. We don't need him to run for President or become VP. Let the man rest, he's done enough :)

Scotso
10-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Myself, I hope that Ron Paul can retire as soon as possible so he can sit back and watch us change the country. We don't need him to run for President or become VP. Let the man rest, he's done enough :)

I hope he stays in Congress as long as possible. We need his voice there.

Malakai
10-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Ron Paul on Alan Colmes show avail here:

http://www.alan.com/
9/30/08 between 15-16m.

Alawn
10-01-2008, 01:55 AM

Probably not. But I think it has about a 75% chance of either collapsing like the Soviet Union or being absorbed into a regional or world government within the next 50 years.

bojo68
10-01-2008, 01:55 AM
RAND PAUL, Marcy Kaptur is starting to show more sense than has ever been known to leak from the house aside from Paul.
Jesse is to much MeMeMeMe for this kid.

Scotso
10-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Probably not. But I think it has about a 75% chance of either collapsing like the Soviet Union or being absorbed into a regional or world government within the next 50 years.

It's possible, 50 years is a long time. But while we're certainly in decline, I just don't think it's possible for the US to fall in just 4 years. That would basically depend on a massive civil war, and I don't see that happening. Even complete economic collapse wouldn't be enough to cause the downfall of the government and military in such a short time. Although I suppose you could argue that the US would stop being the US... but that's rambling and I promised I wouldn't do that anymore.

Bman
10-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Am I the only person not sold on Ventura? He's a maverick, sure, but I'm not sold on him really being a libertarian-minded leader. I kind of think his support for the C4L was more motivated by political opportunism. Ventura likes an audience. I really think people could rally behind Mary Ruwart if we can retake the Libertarian Party from the (ex?)neocons.

I'll tell you what has me cheering for Ventura. Fist off the mans a good speaker. He's also a good salesman. You can't simply get away with telling him he's wrong. Plus he's got recognition and views that match up well with Libertarian ideas.

Now I think I understand where you are coming from, and tell me if I'm wrong.

I also think that I wouldn't see Ventura do much to actually initiate change.

I don't look at this as a negative. First off, He'd allow us to get to work fixing this country. Secondly, He'd open the door for the future.

I don't want a leader. I want a bodyguard to keep the government away from me, and I think he'd excel at this.

humanic
10-01-2008, 02:07 AM
BJ Lawson, FTW.

+1 :)

Scotso
10-01-2008, 02:20 AM
I also think that I wouldn't see Ventura do much to actually initiate change.

I don't look at this as a negative. First off, He'd allow us to get to work fixing this country. Secondly, He'd open the door for the future.

I don't want a leader. I want a bodyguard to keep the government away from me, and I think he'd excel at this.

I want a leader that will change the government enough that I won't have to worry about keeping it away from me.

freelance
10-01-2008, 02:26 AM

You're absolutely right. It's not going to fall in the next four years. It won't take nearly that long before it's a fait accompli!

It's already a done deal.

bojo68
10-01-2008, 02:28 AM
I want a leader that will change the government enough that I won't have to worry about keeping it away from me.

Which if you'll remember the behavior of the Minnesota Cops during the convention, proved that Jesse will NOT cure govt misbehavior, permanently anyway.
I think he's more interested in personal power for him than he is in fixing the problems.

libertarian4321
10-01-2008, 04:19 AM

I think a lot of the libertarians in the Libertarian Party got so involved in the Ron Paul movement that we let the LP be taken over by the Barr neocons. We can fix that for 2012.

I've never seen him speak in person, but I hope he makes a good candidate and runs (it would be nice if he ran for a local office in the meantime).

I understand why Ron wouldn't run again, running takes a lot out of you, and at 77, a full time Presidential campaign might be a bit much even for a guy who's in good shape. Hopefully, he'll still be in congress and able to do what he can to help liberty loving candidates.