PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Impressive Representative from MI

InterestedParticipant
09-30-2008, 04:50 PM
I have not done my due diligence on him yet, but his YouTube videos are incredible....calling for resignation of Sec. Paulsen and called the Bailout a 700-pound Billion Dollar Bag of Dung.

Check out a few videos:

McCotter on WXYZ-TV Channel 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECrE1UXbmb8)

McCotter TV Interview on Your World w/Neil Cavuto (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3TdfqroDUg)

McCotter Floor Speech Opposing Bailout Legislation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csthf_CQsjo)

Definitely someone to watch. I called his office today and thanked him for his House Floor speech - WOW!

ronpaulforprez2008
09-30-2008, 05:35 PM
House speech was amazing

me3
09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Wow. That guy kicks ass.

Now for the bad news. Did he vote for the Patriot Act? Unbalanced Budgets? MCA? What's the catch?

dawnbt
09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Thank God we have one Metro Detroit politician that isn't a total turd!

CountryMe
09-30-2008, 06:06 PM
WAIT A MINUTE!! Didn't I hear him say they were going to come up with another plan as in he would support another plan, I guess if it was more like he thought it should be???? I think it was the channel 7 interview that made it sound the most to me like he would support another bailout plan?

USAFCapt
09-30-2008, 06:40 PM
not too shabby

TruthAtLast
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Wow. That guy kicks ass.

Now for the bad news. Did he vote for the Patriot Act? Unbalanced Budgets? MCA? What's the catch?

You're right. When we have Ron Paul as a standard, it is hard for anyone to measure up. But many Congressmen don't have the same fortitude and conviction. They have been leaned on, swayed from their core beliefs, and pressured.

Some are completely corrupt and can't be saved. But for any of those who have simply lost their way, it is up to us to help them find it. It is up to us to remind them of their oath and that together, we can change history.

Even some of the Ron Paul candidates weren't perfect on every issue. But we need to keep working at it. We don't need a majority. Just enough of a voting block that we can effectively control the outcome of every bill. From that point, we have political leverage and can a tipping point may happen where people who deep down believe in some of these founding principles will begin to come into the fold. As much as it is about doing what is right, it is also about power. And those in power aren't going to give it up willingly. You have to TAKE it from them.

I live in California but I emailed Congressman Thaddeus to praise him on his House speech against HR 3997. Too often our representatives only hear from people who are angry and not enough from people who are pleased with their performance.

westmich4paul
10-01-2008, 07:06 AM
You're right. When we have Ron Paul as a standard, it is hard for anyone to measure up. But many Congressmen don't have the same fortitude and conviction. They have been leaned on, swayed from their core beliefs, and pressured.

Some are completely corrupt and can't be saved. But for any of those who have simply lost their way, it is up to us to help them find it. It is up to us to remind them of their oath and that together, we can change history.

Even some of the Ron Paul candidates weren't perfect on every issue. But we need to keep working at it. We don't need a majority. Just enough of a voting block that we can effectively control the outcome of every bill. From that point, we have political leverage and can a tipping point may happen where people who deep down believe in some of these founding principles will begin to come into the fold. As much as it is about doing what is right, it is also about power. And those in power aren't going to give it up willingly. You have to TAKE it from them.

I live in California but I emailed Congressman Thaddeus to praise him on his House speech against HR 3997. Too often our representatives only hear from people who are angry and not enough from people who are pleased with their performance. I emailed him as well and not only thanked him for his ney vote on this bill but also is speech on the house floor. I also told him that he should get with Ron Paul and listen to him and realize what this or any other form of this bill would do to our economy in he lomg term.