PDA

View Full Version : What will wake up Americans?

cska80
09-30-2008, 03:47 PM
This poll is assuming you believe in the same things I do. I just think it's interesting that people still think the government is going to save us even though they can't name one thing the government has done correctly in terms of things they aren't supposed to do. I mean look at Venezuala...they didn't start protests in mass until their television stations were taken away! They didn't even care about food shortages!

Paulitical Correctness
09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Honestly, I think a LOT of Americans ARE awake, they just don't know how to process and cope with the new perspective.

I've been hearing a lot of "two party system isn't working" talk lately.

In fact, just today one of my professors bitched about the "failing two party system" and the class, for the most part, agreed. Then she asked if anyone had seen the debate and if anyone "changed their mind to "the other" candidate". It was more or less for a show of hands, but I blurted out that "both are clowns" and got a room full of dirty looks. Then I proceeded to say "No? Nobody? So we're all king Obama jesters then? Alright, I'll shut up.." :(

Carole
09-30-2008, 06:42 PM
When the police state arrives more openly and they are awakened in the middle of the night and asked to show their papers perhaps. :D

Micah Dardar
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I can just see it now:

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ron Paul's Campaign For Liberty officially kicks off

Senate bypasses House and passes bailout

Martial law is declared in America due to massive riots about the senate decision

Soldiers, unwilling to harm Americans, turn their guns on their leaders and defend their oath to the Constitution to fight against all enemies at home and abroad

FrankRep
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Folgers

ihsv
09-30-2008, 06:51 PM
As long as they have their bread and circuses, I have little hope for the people to wake up. It's SO much easier to do as you're told rather than make the tough decisions on your own.

Dave39168
09-30-2008, 07:06 PM
I had almost given up on americans waking up.... When the house defeated the first bailout bill I was so suprised. The voice of the people was heard through their reps. There may actually be "hope" for "change" in America! After hyperinflation that is.

cheapseats
09-30-2008, 07:24 PM
A new American Idol, and a Draft.

Kludge
09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Other Americans getting them educated and enthused about politics.

DAFTEK
09-30-2008, 08:49 PM
After pigs fly, hell freezes over, and Elvis is elected president (it'll never happen). :rolleyes:

bojo68
09-30-2008, 09:02 PM
After pigs fly, hell freezes over, and Elvis is elected president (it'll never happen). :rolleyes:

It's getting closer. I saw Elvis today, etched into the glass on a new Mercedes van, with a sign that said "Honk if you Love Elvis" :)