PDA

View Full Version : My Congressman

Dequeant
09-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Not running for re-election and has voted for the bailout. I got into a very deep discussion with whatever aid it was that answered the phone and I'm convinced he'll vote for the measure again if it does come up.

I'm very disappointed.

They tried to convince me it's "what's best for the country" and that there were enough checks in there to protect the taxpayer.

To that I basically replied, how is loaning failing companies massive amounts of taxpayer money what's best for the country....and no matter how many checks you have, if a company we have loaned billions of dollars to declares bankruptcy, it will be the taxpayers who get stuck with the bill.

The aid replied "Sir, I'm sure we could argue our points back and forth for quite a while"

To which I replied, "I'm not trying to get into a debate or argue with you friend, I just want my congressman to know how I feel about this."

It was overall a pretty polite conversation, and we both seemed to have some well intentioned, deeply seated beliefs......but I'm confident he will remember my conversation over most of the others.

jabrownie
09-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Congresswoman Pryce by chance? Had a similar conversation with her staff.

libertarian4321
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, with the first version going down, hopefully the next (or whatever version is finally passed) will be less damaging.

It'd be nice if the American people got to see what was being voted on- we aren't getting many details.

Dequeant
09-30-2008, 04:44 PM
No, Pickering from mississippi.

NoPants
09-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Same for me, Bud Cramer in Alabama. He's not running for reelection and voted for the bail out. I called yesterday and told his aid, I thought he showed his true colors. It was very clear he is bought and paid for by his actions. I also suggested he shouldn't bother running for any public office ever again because we will remember and do everything in our power to spread the word that his is a politician first, and American last.