PDA

View Full Version : +478

mcgraw_wv
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM
The Market is going up so fast!!! WHERE ALL GOING TO BE RICH!! Who will clean our houses? who will pick our vegetables... Oh my... this isn't good... If everyone is rich how will I protect my country club lifestyle, Raise the dues!!! Oh no...

We need to pass legislation that will tax everyone that wasn't previous millionaires at 50% so we can prevent the economy from making everyone Rich!!!

I need someone to do my laundry but who will if the market makes everyone Rich!!!

AHhhhh!!!!

Austin
09-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Dead cat bounce

Dorfsmith
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
If it is a dead cat bounce, somebody threw that cat really hard. Regardless, it makes Bush look kinda stupid after his remarks this morning :D

Austin
09-30-2008, 01:53 PM
True, it gained over 50% of its losses from yesterday..

Though that's what our opponents will still claim.

Carole
09-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh my gosh! Congress must be crazy with fear that they are not needed and their bailout is not needed. They may have to go on vacation to avoid embarassment. :D

NoPants
09-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Everyone said before the vote ever happened, "there will be a big drop in the market, but it will be an emotional response and it will, at least partially, come back."

Ron Paul said it. Traders on the floor said it. Even Faux News reported it would happen on Friday if the bail out was voted down. Everyone new it was an overreaction, but the bad guys needed it for ammo this time so they spun it.

angelatc
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM
And now they will claim that the new bailout talks are keeping the market propped up again.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Dorfsmith
09-30-2008, 02:19 PM
And now they will claim that the new bailout talks are keeping the market propped up again.

Dumb dumb dumb.

So far (for a change) KNX radio's business hour has interviewed more people against the bailout than for it. The last guy they had on said Bush is going to have a hard time selling this to Congress tomorrow. I'm sensing a loss of faith in the bailout but it could be wishful thinking.

Brian
09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
How can the fear-mongering Bush and his bankster cronies claim what incredible harm will fall upon the markets if the public doesn't support welfare for the rich?

Ah, but you mortals are unaware of the PPT. No, not the Plunge Protection Team, but its even worse evil twin ...

Enter ... dun dundundun ... THE PLUNGE PROMOTION TEAM ! :eek:

werdd
09-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Wall Street has ended sharply higher as investors bet that lawmakers will salvage a $700 billion rescue plan for the financial sector. The Dow Jones industrials surged nearly 500 points to the 10,860 level

From finance yahoo.

Or maybe more logically.

We dont need the fed or their bailouts.