PDA

View Full Version : ROUBINI issues Serious Warning MUST READ & Prepare

Falseflagop
09-30-2008, 12:24 PM
for worst. Forget Equity markets people, credit markets are the ones calling the shots imho: Here is the message :

From Nouriel Roubini 9/29/08:

"The strains in financial markets – especially short term interbank markets - are becoming more severe in spite of the Fed and other central banks having literally injected about $300 billion of liquidity in the financial system last week alone including massive liquidity lending to Morgan and Goldman. In a solvency crisis and credit crisis that goes well beyond illiquidity, no one is lending to counterparties as no one trusts any counterparty (even the safest ones) and everyone is hoarding the liquidity that is injected by central banks. And since this liquidity goes only to banks and major broker dealers, the rest of the shadow banking system has no access to this liquidity as the credit transmission mechanisms are blocked.

The next step of this panic could become the mother of all bank runs, i.e. a run on the trillion dollar plus of the cross border short-term interbank liabilities of the US banking and financial system as foreign banks as starting to worry about the safety of their liquid exposures to US financial institutions; such a silent cross border bank run has already started as foreign banks are worried about the solvency of US banks and are starting to reduce their exposure. And if this run accelerates - as it may now - a total meltdown of the US financial system could occur. We are thus now in a generalized panic mode and back to the risk of a systemic meltdown of the entire financial system. And US and foreign policy authorities seem to be clueless about what needs to be done next. Maybe they should today start with a coordinated 100 bps reduction in policy rates in all the major economies in the world to show that they are starting to seriously recognize and address this rapidly worsening financial crisis."

freelance
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Roubini I believe. He's right a LOT!

ronpaulforprez2008
09-30-2008, 12:51 PM
This is not a liquidity crisis, this is a crisis of trust. The financial system is so rotten that no one will deal with anyone anymore, 'cause no one can trust anyone else's books. Hence, I can see not other option than to let this ponerized system of corruption fail. Any injection of funds, no matter the quantity, will not resolve the issue of trust. We need a moral system, a system that can be trusted. At the moment, the only proposal on the table that will satisfactorily address the trust issue is the Austrian Sound Money system. Until then, how do we produce, how do we remain economically productive? I don't see how it's possible. This is a far greater crisis than is being discussed.

From Nouriel Roubini 9/29/08:

"The strains in financial markets – especially short term interbank markets - are becoming more severe in spite of the Fed and other central banks having literally injected about $300 billion of liquidity in the financial system last week alone including massive liquidity lending to Morgan and Goldman. In a solvency crisis and credit crisis that goes well beyond illiquidity, no one is lending to counterparties as no one trusts any counterparty (even the safest ones) and everyone is hoarding the liquidity that is injected by central banks. And since this liquidity goes only to banks and major broker dealers, the rest of the shadow banking system has no access to this liquidity as the credit transmission mechanisms are blocked.

The next step of this panic could become the mother of all bank runs, i.e. a run on the trillion dollar plus of the cross border short-term interbank liabilities of the US banking and financial system as foreign banks as starting to worry about the safety of their liquid exposures to US financial institutions; such a silent cross border bank run has already started as foreign banks are worried about the solvency of US banks and are starting to reduce their exposure. And if this run accelerates - as it may now - a total meltdown of the US financial system could occur. We are thus now in a generalized panic mode and back to the risk of a systemic meltdown of the entire financial system. And US and foreign policy authorities seem to be clueless about what needs to be done next. Maybe they should today start with a coordinated 100 bps reduction in policy rates in all the major economies in the world to show that they are starting to seriously recognize and address this rapidly worsening financial crisis."

PS. Roubini is doing some fear mongering in this piece as well.

freelance
09-30-2008, 12:54 PM
This is not a liquidity crisis, this is a crisis of trust. The financial system is so rotten that no one will deal with anyone anymore, 'cause no one can trust anyone else's books. Hence, I can see not other option than to let this ponerized system of corruption fail. Any injection of funds, no matter the quantity, will not resolve the issue of trust. We need a moral system, a system that can be trusted. At the moment, the only proposal on the table that will satisfactorily address the trust issue is the Austrian Sound Money system. Until then, how do we produce, how do we remain economically productive? I don't see how it's possible. This is a far greater crisis than is being discussed.

PS. Roubini is doing some fear mongering in this piece as well.

Okay, so the crisis of trust is causing the liquidity crisis. It's the same end result.