PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice all MSM outlets stopped using the word bailout?

mconder
09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Did anyone notice all MSM outlets stopped using the word bailout and replaced it with the word rescue? If this is not a conspiracy, how does one explain it? These guys are masters of the dialectic.

INforRP
09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
I guess they listened to McCain:

Congressional Republicans said the White House was encouraging grass-roots groups to call in favor of passing a rescue plan.

The rescue package and the nation's faltering economy was also Topic A on the presidential campaign trail.

"The first thing I would do is say, 'Let's not call it a bailout. Let's call it a rescue," McCain told CNN. He said "Americans are frightened right now" and political leaders must give them an immediate solution and a longer-term approach to the problem.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/financial_meltdown

MsDoodahs
09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Yep, noticed it and despise all of them for it.

LittleLightShining
09-30-2008, 12:03 PM
I noticed last night the Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs were calling it a bailout while everyone else was calling it a rescue plan or rescue package.

DirtMcGirt
09-30-2008, 12:04 PM
yep the branding has absolutely changed on the way they present the bill

Truth Warrior
09-30-2008, 12:09 PM
The "spin" cycle of this round of "brainwashing" has begun. :p :rolleyes:

Otter Mii-kun
09-30-2008, 12:12 PM
They're changing the words around so they can sell this plan easier-shove it down our throats easier-make us believe that "it's the end of the world" if it doesn't pass.

freelance
09-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Yep, noticed it and despise all of them for it.

LOL! Someone told me today on here when I asked that yes, it is still legal to hate the media--at least for today. So, I guess you're safe for a few more hours.

RockEnds
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
They were calling it a rescue package before the vote yesterday. In the last correspondence I sent to my rep before the vote, I reminded him it was not a rescue but a bailout.

zach
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
"You hate rescue plans, therefore, you want this economy to fail... terrorist."

;)

slacker921
09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
The tools on MSNBC were raging yesterday because the bill failed not because it was a horrible plan, but because it "wasn't marketed well". They're changing their marketing strategery and we'll see public opinion of the bill change in their favor.

They're not going to stop until they either get it passed, or they make sure the public blames anyone who didn't support the bailout for the coming collapse. I almost hope it passes this next go round so when the whole economy crashes (and I think it will whether the bailout passes or not) I can point and laugh at them.

speciallyblend
09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
"You hate rescue plans, therefore, you want this economy to fail... terrorist."

;)

haha, hmmm looks around runs and hides;)

Bruno
09-30-2008, 02:57 PM
CNBC said twice today they were asked by lawmakers to call it a Rescue Plan because it sounds better to the public and better represents "the help it will do for Americans"

Dary
09-30-2008, 02:57 PM
All of the talking heads are saying that there will be a rescue package passed this week. It’s a given beyond a shadow of a doubt, done deal.

They are saying that the stocks are going up today because everybody knows that the rescue package will absolutely be passed and they all expect it.

They are also saying that House Representatives are now receiving phone calls, faxes and emails that are 3 to 1 in favor of the bailout and that the previous outpouring was only done by a small but vocal group of angry internet activists.

Bruno
09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
All of the talking heads are saying that there will be a rescue package passed this week. It’s a given beyond a shadow of a doubt, done deal.

They are saying that the stocks are going up today because everybody knows that the rescue package will absolutely be passed and they all expect it.

They are also saying that House Representatives are now receiving phone calls, faxes and emails that are 3 to 1 in favor of the bailout and that the previous outpouring was only done by a small but vocal group of angry internet activists.

The proganda machine is working overtime. Someone must have greased all the wheels (and palms)

Talk Radio Rush and Hannity of course laying zero blame on the Republicans. I guess the low interest rates caused by the GOP Fed Chairmen Greenspan and Bernanke, along with Bush saying, "everyone gets a house" had nothing to do with this. lol