PDA

View Full Version : FoxNews: Is there anyone you trust to get us out of this economic crisis?

ihsv
09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
ht tp://www.foxnews.com/livedesk/

Send us your comments on the question of the day:

Is there anyone you trust to get us out of this economic crisis?

• E-mail your thoughts to:
americas-talking@foxnews.com

Then tune in weekdays between 1 and 3 p.m. ET and you may hear your comments read on live TV!

Alright, everyone, you know what to do :)

acptulsa
09-30-2008, 11:54 AM
"Ron Paul saw the financial situation developing way, way back when something useful could have actually been done about it. At the time, as I recall, all of your commentators were dismissing these warnings as ridiculous.

"So, yes, there is someone I trust on the issue. And, no, he doesn't work for Rupert Murdoch."

itshappening
09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Ron paul !!!!!!!

Chester Copperpot
09-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Email sent!

SnappleLlama
09-30-2008, 12:10 PM
E-mail sent!

inibo
09-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Here is what I just sent them.

Ron Paul has been 100% on this since long before anyone knew there was a problem. In 2003 he came out against giving increased government backing to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and warned about the consequences of keeping interest rates artificially low.

He has a sound understanding of the underlying economic and monetary issues at the heart of the current problem and is unswerving in his commitment to sound economics and constitutional government.

Bottom line: Ron Paul gets it.

dannno
09-30-2008, 12:22 PM
"Yes. There is one person who has been advocating an honest currency and free-market interest rates which the Federal Reserve has been manipulating since 1913. Over the last century, the Federal Reserve has been able to create vast sums of capital for government, businesses and individuals through borrowing and printing. Both of these activities lead to debt, which leads to larger interest payments and inflation. By allowing bankers to manipulate the credit market, they have created a series of bubbles and busts. First they lower the interest rates which lowers the price of money and encourages people to borrow even though the market is not able to support all of this new development. This places a lot of debt upon society. It also devalues the dollar. This causes an economic retraction where hardworking Americans lose jobs, savings and their retirement plan. When a bank creates a loan, they create enough money for the principal, but not interest. Where does the interest come from? It is taken through the devaluation of the dollar, which will ultimately lead to economic collapse. We have more outstanding debt than cash, so the outstanding loans will never be able to be paid. Our currency is based on debt rather than wealth. Ron Paul knows exactly how to get us out of this economic crisis, which includes ending our expensive overseas empire as well as developing an honest monetary system. It's time to listen to Ron Paul."

mudhoney
09-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I said Bernanke. :/

dsentell
09-30-2008, 12:39 PM

I just let out an uncontrollable scream!!!!!!! WTF???????

speciallyblend
09-30-2008, 12:46 PM

hahaha, the said part is fox news will thunk your serious;) pretty sad eh

A. Havnes
09-30-2008, 12:55 PM
"Ron Paul is the only person I trust to get us out of this situation. He has accurately predicted economic trends his entire political career, and he doesn't hide any aspect about the current economic situation from the people. To make a long story short, Ron Paul knows what to do to save us from long term turmoil, even if he must admit that it'll be hard to adjust to short term. Listen to Ron Paul."

I couldn't think of much to say.

-lotus-
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
In answer to the question of the day, yes there is a man who's decisions I would trust to help end this current economic upheaval. He's the only man that for the past 10, 20, maybe 30 years has been saying that our fiscal policies at home, our failed foreign policies overseas and our loose monetary control would eventually cause everything we are seeing today. He has been named the taxpayers best friend by the National Taxpayers Union consecutively for the last TEN years (http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2007/pr022107.htm). His voting record stands alone as a testament to the conviction of his beliefs that we CAN have a prosperous nation without an overbearingly large Federal government meddling in our lives and bringing financial ruin upon us all. The only man in Washington that GETS it, Ron Paul.

sent

CountryMe
09-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Did anyone here get their email read on the air???? I didn't think mine would as I am always too long winded lol

cheapseats
09-30-2008, 01:57 PM
WE AREN’T TRUSTWORTHY
PAULSON ISN’T TRUSTWORTHY
BERNANKE ISN’T TRUSTWORTHY
CONGRESS ISN’T TRUSTWORTHY
LENDERS AREN’T TRUSTWORTHY
BORROWERS AREN’T TRUSTWORTHY
MAINSTREAM MEDIA ISN’T TRUSTWORTHY
THE ADMINISTRATION ISN’T TRUSTWORTHY
STILL, THE FINANCIAL SECTOR NEEDS CAPITAL

Houston, we have a problem.

Dequeant
09-30-2008, 01:59 PM
My email:

Andrew Jackson faced the same issues in his day, and he got us out of it. This is what he said to the Central "Banksters":

“Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out.”

It's a shame we have only a handful of Congressmen and Congresswomen in the house capable of standing up for Americans.

FunkBuddha
09-30-2008, 02:04 PM
My email

I trust Congressman Ron Paul. He predicted this mess in 2003. He was a
doctor for many and understands that in order to correctly treat a
symptom you have to know what is causing it.

jcarcinogen
09-30-2008, 02:11 PM
No offense, you're entitled toyour opinion, but I actually laughed out loud for the first time today. :)

email sent also. I kept it short but it won't get read on air for sure:

Ron Paul. The guy Fox marginalized and mocked during the debates.

Mini-Me
09-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Hahahahaha...I almost spit on my monitor when I read that. You made my day, and today's actually my birthday, so...thanks! :D

I'm tempted to just send Fox News a link to this video or something to that effect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hMeNnbSqkk

georgiaboy
09-30-2008, 02:22 PM
email sent also. I kept it short but it won't get read on air for sure:

Ron Paul. The guy Fox marginalized and mocked during the debates.

I doubt you intended it, but I could not resist pointing out your pun. priceless.

ARealConservative
09-30-2008, 02:23 PM
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/01/ron-paul-unveil.html

jcarcinogen
09-30-2008, 02:27 PM
I doubt you intended it, but I could not resist pointing out your pun. priceless.

Ah, no I didn't intend it or realize it until you pointed it out. :p

Remember remember the 5th of November.

libertarian4321
09-30-2008, 03:47 PM
George Bush and John McCain will save us!

Or maybe not...

MsDoodahs
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh, okay.

NOW I understand why the Austrian School was just ridiculed relentlessly on Fox Business News.

They got email hammered by the Paulies.

:D

GOOD.

Ninja Homer
09-30-2008, 04:36 PM
NOW I understand why the Austrian School was just ridiculed relentlessly on Fox Business News.

Did they really? I'm surprised they'd mention it at all... why go out of their way to mention the only people who got it right time and time again?

PS - The correct answer to, "Is there anyone you trust to get us out of this economic crisis?" is... NO! There is absolutely no single person that can get us out of this economic crisis. The economic crisis is going to happen no matter what, and not even Ron Paul can get us out of it. The best he could do is get the government out of the way so the market can correct itself.

MsDoodahs
09-30-2008, 04:42 PM
The whore/hostess and host (Eric whatshisname) had a guest on, they said the Austrians got it wrong every time. It was shameful what those jerks did.

On a positive note...they only have maybe 3K viewers nationwide. lol.

cheapseats
09-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Mainstream Media is like the littler kid that careens around as a shit disturber, then runs for cover that is provided owing to his smaller stature, his greater vulnerability. The people would fight to the death for the independence of our news and information, and what do they give us?

Spin, scandal, gossip, innuendo, pre-fabricated talking points...and criticism of us.

Look at them stand back and ask, all innocent-like, "could a lack of trust be the trouble? This Administration/Congress HAVE been caught with their pants down."

Somehow, they are always outside the fray, like Top One Percenters. AND they criticize and insult us. Oh, we're hysterical.

Our media is a disgrace. Not because they're stupid, not because of incompetence, but because journalists have permitted themselves LIKE EVERYONE IN GOVERNMENT, to answer first to money.

THE PEOPLE NEED SOME TIME TO DECIDE, YOU BASTARDS.

IT IS OBVIOUS TO EVEN A CASUAL OBSERVER THAT EITHER A.) Y'ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING OR B.) YOU DO KNOW, AND YOU'RE UP TO KNOW GOOD.

WE DON'T NEED TO HOLD OUR NOSE AND VOTE FOR MYSTERY ANSWERS. YOU HOLD YOUR HORSES. BE PATIENT. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. REMEMBER VIRTUES?

BagOfEyebrows
09-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Did they really? I'm surprised they'd mention it at all... why go out of their way to mention the only people who got it right time and time again?

PS - The correct answer to, "Is there anyone you trust to get us out of this economic crisis?" is... NO! There is absolutely no single person that can get us out of this economic crisis. The economic crisis is going to happen no matter what, and not even Ron Paul can get us out of it. The best he could do is get the government out of the way so the market can correct itself.

please send your answer to them - I would love for that to be read on air, it's brilliant.