PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful What you Wish For

ronpaulforprez2008
09-30-2008, 11:22 AM
First, I'd like to say that this is a monumental event - the House voting down the Establishment's proposed legislation for a bailout. However, as many here understand, the bailout is already well underway, with over $1.5T being loaned-out by the Fed in the past week. So, while we have had a symbolic victory to retain some power, we are still subject to a private fiat monetary system that can do whatever it wishes with the global currency that they fully control - thanks President Wilson!

Secondly, and more importantly, many here also understand that the elite who control the world's banking cartel seek to consolidate currencies within three trading zones in order to consolidate and thereby increase their power. These strategies are discussed at length in various publications, such as The First Global Revolution by the Club of Rome; The Trap by Sir James Goldsmith; Tragedy and Hope by Quigley.

In order to effect this change in currency in North America the USD must be debased and devalued. Further, in order to justify the integration of the Mexican, Canadian and US economies and financial systems, the people must be convinced that the current financial system is not fixable. And hereby lies my concern, namely, is the current financial "crisis" merely a tool to support the move into a new financial system? If so, what will the new financial system look like and who is going to control its design and operation?

Now enter the Hegelian dialectic (http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/05/dialectic.htm), which is the framework for guiding our thoughts and actions into conflicts that lead us to a predetermined solution. Is the current financial crisis simply the Hegelian dialectic at play? Are we being guided into a trap, while we pat ourselves on the back for our supposed victory?

Further, are witnessing the planned denigration of our Republican form of government? Referring to the Club of Rome book (cited above), one finds an interesting quote in Chapter V - The Vacuum:

“Sacrilegious though this may sound, democracy is no longer well suited for the tasks ahead. The complexity and the technical nature of many of today’s problems do not always allow elected representatives to make competent decisions at the right time.”

Club of Rome (members include):
- Al Gore
- Maurice Strong
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Kofi Annan
- David Rockefeller
- Bill Clinton
- Jimmy Carter
- Bill Gates

So, will the House's failure to pass Bailout legislation now be framed as a failure of government to deal with "real world problems." Will we now see calls for new forms of government that can respond in extremely short periods to crises?

While we deserve to congratulate ourselves for this week's victory, and while I continue to be impressed by the speed by which Americans appear to be waking up, we must continue to stay vigilant, not only with respect to our Representatives, but with ourselves and our own thinking. Striving to understand the strategies and tactics that are being used to marginalize the public and coalesce power into the hands of the few is the greatest weapon we have. We must not fall prey to our own preconceptions or sources of "new" information or direction.

Remaining sentient with the will to constantly challenge our own thinking is what will lead us to control over our own destiny.

acptulsa
09-30-2008, 11:43 AM
One way to look at their likely next step is that they will try to demonstrate that a republic is a committee and can't react quickly enough. Another is that they will throw a tantrum and punish us for taking away their candy.

We have to demonstrate that it is them doing it, not a sign that they were right when they claimed that emergency action was necessary. We have to expose their tantrum for what it is. That will certainly be the next step.

freelance
09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
They will punish. It's their way. Army coming to a location near you Oct. 1.

Krugerrand
09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Secondly, and more importantly, many here also understand that the elite who control the world's banking cartel seek to consolidate currencies within three trading zones in order to consolidate and thereby increase their power. These strategies are discussed at length in various publications, such as The First Global Revolution by the Club of Rome; The Trap by Sir James Goldsmith; Tragedy and Hope by Quigley.

FYI: The First Global Revolution is available as a free pdf here:
http://www.archive.org/details/TheFirstGlobalRevolution
~30 MB, 184 pages

or, you can buy it from Amazon for $255
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0679738258/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

ronpaulforprez2008
09-30-2008, 12:43 PM
One way to look at their likely next step is that they will try to demonstrate that a republic is a committee and can't react quickly enough. Another is that they will throw a tantrum and punish us for taking away their candy.

It's already begun, check out this piece in Yahoo: "The Bailout Defeat: A Political Credibility Crisis (http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080930/us_time/thebailoutdefeatapoliticalcredibilitycrisis)"

Asked to take a leap of faith regarding a dizzyingly complex problem, a critical mass of voters refused to trust their leaders, turning down the medicine that was offered. And so the politicians who are most exposed to popular whims have run for cover. With an election on the horizon, 95 House Democrats and 133 House Republicans opposed the bill. Some portion voted no for clearly ideological reasons. But many more were simply doing what politicians do - responding to the will of the people.

While there are plenty of jabs in this article, my primary take-away is that we now have a political credibility crisis because the politicians were not able to (i) do the right thing and stand-up to their constituents, and (ii) the constituents are too ignorant to understand the "dizzyingly complex problem". Here's more from the article:

If the experts are right, the nation now risks great financial hardship, because there was no one to stand up and explain the situation. The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 778 points on the news. Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson warned Monday afternoon that car loans and student loans were likely to tighten. Other economists have warned of the possibility of widespread corporate failures and unemployment, if the short-term credit markets freeze up. Bank failures, or mergers, are likely to continue. The taxpayer costs of federal insurance on deposits could increase.

Now the financial system is going to come tumbling down, and it's all the publics' fault.

One pattern that I've noticed from the Establishment is their tactic of blaming the victim. We all saw this clearly and regularly in Iraq ....it was always the Iraqis fault that we had to still hang around 'cause they couldn't guarantee their own security. So, here now we see it again, it is all those stupid fat Americans fault that our economic system collapsed. Therefore, we can't trust them to participate in a Republican form of government. Instead, we need a supra-government of "experts" to run all aspect of their lives for them.

FYI: The First Global Revolution is available as a free pdf here:
http://www.archive.org/details/TheFirstGlobalRevolution
~30 MB, 184 pages

or, you can buy it from Amazon for $255
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0679738258/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Please read Chapter V (The Vacuum) first!

Carole
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Perhaps if we can get Congress out of DC and on vacation instead of coming up with new bills for bailouts, we can prove that the market will fix itself with the help of the American people.

That is what they really fear in DC, that their meddling is actually a hindrance to solving the problem. They are desparate to feel needed and for more power.

anaconda
09-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Further, are witnessing the planned denigration of our Republican form of government? Referring to the Club of Rome book (cited above), one finds an interesting quote in Chapter V - The Vacuum:

Great post. Great points. But we're headed there, anyway. Might as well bring on the fight. We have to make it fashionable with the sheeple to blame the Fed. I think this is possible.

acptulsa
09-30-2008, 12:55 PM
That is what they really fear in DC, that their meddling is actually a hindrance to solving the problem. They are desparate to feel needed and for more power.

That is almost the impression I get. But I feel that they are more afraid we will notice that they can't fix it. It's like a doctor saying, "I'd better get an operation in before this patient heals on his own. Otherwise he'll know I'm a quack."

humanic
09-30-2008, 01:05 PM
This is from the article North American Union leader says merger just crisis away (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53378) (World Net Daily, December 2006):

American University Professor Robert Pastor, a leading intellectual force in the move to create an EU-style North American Community, told WND he believes a new 9/11 crisis could be the catalyst to merge the U.S., Mexico and Canada.

[...]

Pastor, a professor at American University, says that in such a case the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, or SPP – launched in 2005 by the heads of the three countries at a summit in Waco, Texas – could be developed into a continental union, complete with a new currency, the amero, that would replace the U.S. dollar just as the euro has replaced the national currencies of Europe.

In May 2005, Pastor was co-chairman the Council on Foreign Relations task force that produced a report entitled "Toward a North American Community," which he has claimed is the blueprint behind the SSP declared by President Bush, Mexico's then-President Vicente Fox, and Canada's then-Prime Minister Paul Martin.

"The 9/11 crisis made Canada and the United States redefine the protection of their borders," Pastor explained. "The debt crisis in Mexico forced the government to adapt a new economic model. The crises oblige the governments to make difficult decisions.

[...]

"What I'm saying is that a crisis is an event which can force democratic governments to make difficult decisions like those that will be required to create a North American Community," he said. "It's not that I want another 9/11 crisis, but having a crisis would force decisions that otherwise might not get made.

[...]

"The United States turned to the Marshall Plan when faced with the crisis of Western Europe falling into the hands of communism," he said. "So, I'm not advocating, or encouraging, or wanting a crisis, I'm only saying that in order to take important initiatives, sometimes one manner in which this occurs is when there is a crisis to which leaders need to respond.