PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky's Second District (Ron Lewis) - If you live there, read this

ihsv
09-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Fellow Kentuckians,

Ron Lewis (R), our current 2nd district Representative, is retiring and is not seeking reelection. Therefore, he dutifully voted FOR the bailout, since he had nothing to lose and lots to gain.

His perspective replacement, Brett Guthrie (R), is a Ron Lewis clone and is running to fill Lewis' seat in the house. Lewis is supporting Guthrie and wants to see him get elected. We need to contact Lewis' office and tell them Lewis betrayed his constituents (When I called, I asked the fellow and he said they had ZERO calls in support of the bailout, but lots against it), and that if he votes for this next bank robber bill, Guthrie will NOT get your vote.

As an aside, Guthrie is a warmonger and wouldn't get my vote anyway. But that's beside the point. We need to twist their arm a bit.

erin moore
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately they forced Daniel London out of the race. And even though I'm not a Lewis fan, Guthrie isn't even as good as Lewis is.

I agree with you tactic and I actually hadn't thought of calling Guthrie's office. I let Lewis know how much I disagreed with his vote.

Lets let Brett know we're sick and tired of politics as usual and ask him for his denouncement of this bailout to let the people of Kentucky know where he stands (AGAINST McConnell and Lewis, like that'll ever happen)!!