PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Jim Marshall commentary

RockEnds
09-30-2008, 10:32 AM
This commentary appears to be aimed at Dr. Paul and our arguments.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/29/marshall.economy/index.html

My family doesn't use credit much. We pay off our charge cards every month. We drive used cars. We paid off our house mortgage early and have not refinanced. We carefully live well within our means. In fact, until very recently, my "apartment" in Washington has been my office.

I'm pretty well-known as a cheapskate.

So when I said recently that I would be willing to give up my seat in Congress in order to pass the financial rescue package, it turned some heads.

It's because I understand what's at stake and because I hope to be a part of reforming our financial system so that we don't have these problems again.

I have spent my career as a business, finance and bankruptcy law professor and lawyer. I have helped individuals and institutions get out of financial trouble. More important, I have studied ways to make sure they don't get into trouble in the first place -- and drag all of us down with them.

Some politicians -- and a few economists -- would say that America is drunk on credit and just needs to go cold turkey. But it's more accurate to say we're addicted to credit. Too much credit. Good credit, bad credit, anything that lets us live the high life. We have mistaken growth in the value of financial paper for real economic growth.

Getting clean will not be so easy. . . . (cont.)
(emphasis added)

Congressman Marshall appears to be in need of some constructive criticism.

RockEnds
09-30-2008, 10:58 AM
His contact information can be found here:

http://jimmarshall.house.gov/contact.html

His commentary is front page on CNN right now.

TruckinMike
09-30-2008, 06:15 PM
My guess...Congressman Marshall is heavily vested in the stock market or investments tied to/effected by the market. He and his family may be in for a drastic financial change. He bought into the mainstreams hype over the past years and did not protect himself. He believed it when he said that Ron Paul was a kook. but now... he is scared.

To bad,but you reap what you sow.

TMike

PS- its not about US, its all about him.

georgiapeach
09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
I didn't see this post when I added the link to Ms.Doodahs's thread. Yeah, that's my Rep. I have a family emergency so I didn't get anything done today, but I will be making an effigy or two in the next couple of days.
Oh! There is a HUGE fair nearby stating this week. A perfect time to put up some signs. :D