PDA

View Full Version : END STATE TAXES, VOTE! MA statewide ballot questions for November.

jrich4rpaul
09-30-2008, 09:25 AM
It is crucial to spread the word about Question 1 to all voters in Massachusetts if we hope to abolish the state income tax!

http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepip08/pip08idx.htm

Question 1: "This proposed law would reduce the state personal income tax rate to 2.65% for all categories of taxable income for the tax year beginning on or after January 1, 2009, and would eliminate the tax for all tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2010."

Question 2: "This proposed law would replace the criminal penalties for possession of one ounce or less of marijuana with a new system of civil penalties, to be enforced by issuing citations, and would exclude information regarding this civil offense from the state's criminal record information system. Offenders age 18 or older would be subject to forfeiture of the marijuana plus a civil penalty of $100. Offenders under the age of 18 would be subject to the same forfeiture and, if they complete a drug awareness program within one year of the offense, the same $100 penalty."

Question 3: "This proposed law would prohibit any dog racing or racing meeting in Massachusetts where any form of betting or wagering on the speed or ability of dogs occurs."

penguin
10-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Can you imagine what this could do for the Ron Paul movement? If people start demanding government out of their wallets.

dannno
10-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Question 2 is pretty important as well.

Personally, I'd like to see Federal Income taxes go down first.. They are much higher and go towards our empire and killing and whatnot.

muzzled dogg
10-20-2008, 05:11 PM
any of yall waiving signs anywhere? i need somewhere to go

might go to revere or woburn and waive some john cunningham signs

mebbe go to barney frank's district

or downtown boston

HOLLA BLACK

Mini-Me
10-20-2008, 06:07 PM
I live in Ohio, but I wanted to bump this thread. :D

Aratus
10-21-2008, 07:23 AM
early morning caffinated semi-half~awake ....[BUMP!]

Aratus
10-24-2008, 09:02 AM
there is talk, if this passes, and its close to doing so, our propery taxes will climb...

muzzled dogg
10-24-2008, 04:32 PM
wut property taxes?

:D

Aratus
10-25-2008, 07:41 AM
the income tax and property taxes are the way they fund...
the democrats are gritting their teeth over what the initiative
could do to the governor's budget... so, they may try to hike things!:D