PDA

View Full Version : What Points Might Work On A Democrat?

angelatc
09-30-2008, 09:08 AM
My local rep voted no, and listening to him in an interview was joyous because he was saying all the right things. (Well, not the gold standard, but baby steps.....)

However, my two senators are both Democrats. "Nuff said about that.

I do know that there are a significant number of people from that side of the aisle who are opposed to the bailout. What can I say in my letter that will make them possibly reconsider?

nodope0695
09-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Tell them that should they cave in and vote yes, then you and your organized friends will make it your mission to vote them out of ofice.

freelance
09-30-2008, 09:14 AM
The Dems are a problem, except for the Blue Dogs. The rest of them are looking for more pork, i.e., more lipstick on this piggie.

I wouldn't waste my time of those.

We have limited time, so it's probably best to aim for the Blue Dogs--the fiscal conservatives.

I still think that we need to contact Newt, because MSNBC said that he was acting as the House whip against the bailout. IF we concentrate some effort on him, then we are targeting the point person.

http://newt.org/

Just hold your nose when you contact him. Give a throwaway e-mail addy, because he's collecting e-mails for his Presidential run in four years.

Truth Warrior
09-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Gunpoints?

me3
09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
What Points Might Work On A Democrat?
Same ones as Republicans.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1593/workshops371726415et1.jpg

cheapseats
09-30-2008, 09:22 AM
My local rep voted no, and listening to him in an interview was joyous because he was saying all the right things. (Well, not the gold standard, but baby steps.....)

However, my two senators are both Democrats. "Nuff said about that.

I do know that there are a significant number of people from that side of the aisle who are opposed to the bailout. What can I say in my letter that will make them possibly reconsider?

Tell them you are holding off on your OWN "rescue" plan, but await Official confirmation from them...

Crime pays or it doesn't pay, which is it?

slacker921
09-30-2008, 09:34 AM
ask them how they're going to pay the fat cats on Wall Street AND pay for universal healthcare.

ask them if they know that in the past week the Fed issued over 600 Billion in loans to the financial sector... no vote needed..

ask them why Barney Frank and Ben Bernanke did nothing to stop this even though they were told repeatedly over the years that this would happen... and now they're calling the shots?

ask them why the people in charge of this bailout are the same ones who created it and the ones who have the closest ties to the big Wall Street firms.. and the ones voting yes collected far more in campaign contribution from the banks than those voting no.

ask them why they don't have someone like Jim Rogers or Peter Schiff working on the plans..

ask them why they don't call in a group of the hundreds of top economists who signed a letter saying a bailout of any kind is WRONG and find out what they would propose..

point out the hundreds of billions we spend in Iraq each year .. money that we could be using here at home to "free up the credit market".

point out that if these big financial firms just didn't pay dividends they would have over 400 billion to work with - without taking taxpayer money.

ask why the CEO of BB&T bank isn't there.. he's an outspoken critic of the bailout.

Kade
09-30-2008, 09:51 AM
The Dems are a problem, except for the Blue Dogs. The rest of them are looking for more pork, i.e., more lipstick on this piggie.

I wouldn't waste my time of those.

We have limited time, so it's probably best to aim for the Blue Dogs--the fiscal conservatives.

I still think that we need to contact Newt, because MSNBC said that he was acting as the House whip against the bailout. IF we concentrate some effort on him, then we are targeting the point person.

http://newt.org/

Just hold your nose when you contact him. Give a throwaway e-mail addy, because he's collecting e-mails for his Presidential run in four years.

You mean the FISA compromisers?

Again, for the second time today, F*** this post.

freelance
09-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Same ones as Republicans.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1593/workshops371726415et1.jpg

I spit out my coffee, me3--just after I choked on it! Good to see you around.

acptulsa
09-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Why are we bailing out the fat ones instead of the people on the ground? One would think you are a bunch of Republicans. You don't want the secret to get out that you guys are just as in bed with the rich as the neocons are, do you?

Just because you like welfare doesn't mean you should like this corporate welfare. Making me share the wealth with the poor is one thing. Stealing from me to give to the rich is no way to win me over...

Once that gets their attention, they might be susceptible to hearing what we consider right and moral. It won't win them right over, but it might sink in eventually how our philosophy prevents such abuses.