PDA

View Full Version : The Vote Heard Around The World..... History in progress.

llepard
09-30-2008, 09:01 AM
The lines are drawn. The new battle has begun.

It's quite simple really, the People versus the State.

Statists of all stripes are shocked and dismayed. And they should be.

We just saw history get made.

We may lose the next vote but let's take a moment to pat ourselves on the back because I have no doubt that our efforts and the Ron Paul REvolution played a roll in educating people and helping them to push their representatives on this vote.

If the shot in Concord was the shot heard around the world, this is the vote heard around the world.

Statists have just been put on notice. A big part of the U.S. population is fed up and is not going to take it any more!!!!!!!!!!!

We will no doubt face setbacks, but we will grow in size and number.

Long live the Freedom REvolution.

Also, join us as an author or blogger at www.thefreedomrevolution.com

Finally, some of you may not be aware that there is a great new book out on Ron Paul, entitled Ron Paul, A life of ideas. It was published by Variant Press and has multiple authors including Chris Horner and Karen Kwiatkowski. It is a detailed account of Ron's life history and how he formed his political philosophy.

http://www.amazon.com/Ron-Paul-Ideas-Christopher-Horner/dp/097386494X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222787468&sr=8-10

Full disclosure, i wrote the Forward. The ads I ran are also in the back.

I have no financial interest in the project. I have read the book, it is good.

Brian Bagnall of Variant Press pulled it together and if you can we should support him.

We could use more positive reviews on Amazon.

LWL

nodope0695
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Hell Yeah!!!!!

I have a feeling this isn't over by a longshot.

constituent
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
llepard, i have a (letters) project in the works that i want to contact you about in the next week or so...

plan on being around?

(great analysis, btw)

hillertexas
09-30-2008, 09:23 AM
well said

misericordia
09-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Wow, good to see you slumming here with us.

sratiug
09-30-2008, 09:49 AM
well said

Yes, I like this. If we could somehow use this vote to go on the offensive, to attempt to end ALL government subsidies of all corporations NOW, instead of simply defending again against the same rehashed bill, we could have a... revolutionary experience.

If the shot in Concord was the shot heard around the world, this is the vote heard around the world.

Otter Mii-kun
09-30-2008, 10:11 AM
This is going to be a long, hard fight in a rebellion against a big-government economic/military empire-and this bailout is just the Battle of Yavin!

Long, LONG way to go.

dawnbt
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Woot Woot!!

ShowMeLiberty
09-30-2008, 10:18 AM
This is going to be a long, hard fight in a rebellion against a big-government economic/military empire-and this bailout is just the Battle of Yavin!

Long, LONG way to go.

Very true. But our first major victory feels damn good for the moment! :)

acptulsa
09-30-2008, 10:34 AM

More than good.

This fight is like the primary season. For an old libertarian who has been shouting to the wilderness for decades, to first see our liberty mavens pop up during the primaries, and now to see additional reinforcements pop up to help us fight this battle...

Well, it gives me hope that this free and liberty-loving nation will live long and prosper. I don't see any other way...

Reinforcements seem to have arrived. Grab them, thank them, hang onto them and keep them fired up!!

llepard
09-30-2008, 12:11 PM
bump

Mark
09-30-2008, 02:06 PM

I was cheering outloud. It was like a victory snatched from the jaws of certain defeat.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to enlighten people to the cause and effects of the current corrupt Financial System.

I think the economy and how it works may be our best hope to succeed.
People bore of politics, but "pocketbook" issues always have their full attention.

Pete
09-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Even if these fuckers manage to push through another bill, we still win.

America is waking up, and I think RP has been a greater influence than anybody will ever acknowledge.

Mark
10-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Even if these fuckers manage to push through another bill, we still win.

America is waking up, and I think RP has been a greater influence than anybody will ever acknowledge.

Yep, slowly but surely, RP's message is awakening the conscience of the world.

A "Tortoise and the Hare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tortoise_and_the_Hare)" type race.

llepard
10-01-2008, 06:48 AM
I was cheering outloud. It was like a victory snatched from the jaws of certain defeat.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to enlighten people to the cause and effects of the current corrupt Financial System.

I think the economy and how it works may be our best hope to succeed.
People bore of politics, but "pocketbook" issues always have their full attention.

The absolute key is to keep the message alive and point out how this is not a failure of free markets, this is a failure of a corrupt monetary system.

How can anyone operate in an environment where the monetary unit has no known value. I saw a great analogy somewhere, someone said making economic decisions using the dollar was like building a house with a yardstick that keeps changing length. You cannot plan and what you build ends up being a mess.

I think that pretty much explains it all.

Buy gold. It is honest money. It cannot be printed. It is not someone else's liability. It has been money for 5,000 years. It has been illegally suppressed by a government cabal. I have seen a calculation that you might find interesting.

All paper currency outstanding divided by all ounces of gold.

1. In 1971 before we went off the gold standard the answer was $35/ounce.

2. Same calculation done in the early 2000 period, answer gold $90,000/ounce.

And things have gotten worse since then.

Now, I am not saying we going to $90k. But I am saying that at $900 per ounce (which is equal to worldwide average production cost) gold is the bargain of the century.

With gold you can walk in to any coin dealer in any country in the world and get currency to purchase things with.

Nothing else even comes close.

LWL