PDA

View Full Version : **STOP The NEW Bailout Plan!**

Pauls' Revere
09-30-2008, 02:19 AM
They're going to go ahead and revise or come up with another plan! Keep your eyes and ears open and we need to stop this dead cold!

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080930/financial_meltdown.html

:mad:

Bastards never learn!

Bailout 2.0??

DXDoug
09-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Just sent email to my Rep. He voted for bail out. no suprise for a democrat.
BUT i told him how i felt :P so i feel better

Pauls' Revere
09-30-2008, 02:34 AM
looks like round two in this fight is on! I'm doing the same brother keep up the fight! and spread the word never let them rest.
:D

mudhoney
09-30-2008, 02:44 AM
I was so happy that my democratic representative voted no. Me and my friends were really giving it to him, so I hope that helped. Time to thank him, and let him know specifically what SHOULD be done, since doing nothing is simply not an option for these politicians. Regulate the Fed! (at least).

freelance
09-30-2008, 02:46 AM
"Comporehensive Immigration Reform" redux. They didn't expect the WAVE of discontent on that one either.

I think they'll push this through eventually, and when they do, there will be HELL TO PAY at the polls. The entire country will turn into Howard Beale overnight. I did NOT think that we see this kind of resistance. I didn't think the people had it in them to even understand what a ripoff this is, but I was wrong.

I just love the way the talking heads say that the American people were let down. LOL! Once again we see an alternate universe in the media. I'm not even sure that Congress realizes that a change has swept over the nation. And, the more they try to push through this crap sandwich, the more they are going to anger the public.

cheapseats
09-30-2008, 02:58 AM
It would be reasonable for the People to file a legal motion seeking relief from this browbeating. It is the emotional equivalent of being inundated with paper by the attorneys representing Deep Pockets. The Ivory Tower Crowd gets PAID for doing this crap seven days a week. Most online posters work full-time-plus jobs, for a deteriorating quality of life and diminishing future security, and then they are obliged to conduct continual oversight, gratis, on their elected representatives? Otherwise, their elected representatives will screw them over?

Mainstream Media is all but hollering "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

They could only make their enthusiasm more obvious if they used pom-poms.

cheapseats
09-30-2008, 03:11 AM
I just love the way the talking heads say that the American people were let down. LOL! Once again we see an alternate universe in the media.

Not only that, suddenly the political pundits happen also to be economic wizards? The same faces from the two-years-long campaign trail happen also to have such keen economic insight that they feel entitled to scold us all day? Then THEY should have seen the crisis coming down the pike.

puppetmaster
09-30-2008, 04:32 AM
Its called a rescue package now.

werdd
09-30-2008, 05:10 AM
email your representatives!

Do not let down, do not give up. We are not safe until we see significant change in monetary policy.

Randy i applaud you for voting against this first go at the bailout.

What i am even more concerned about is that the fed, reguardless of your vote and your constituents concerns, has appropriated the money.
It is this lack of oversight of the fed that got us into this mess. Creating artificially low interest rates, which in turn led companies like freddie and fannie may to give out sub prime adjustable rate mortages, which created the housing bubble inflating the price of your mortgages, which then led to the bubble popping and the market trying to correct itself.

I strongly urge you to vote against any bailout of any form. We have to have faith in the free market, and i would like to the conservative coalition move towards more legislation to increase the transparency and oversight of the federal reserve.

Yesterday you proved you are a representative of your district, do not let us down.

Thank you.

freelance
09-30-2008, 05:14 AM
Andrea Mitchell just said that Newt Gingrich was whipping the House Republicans, that the failure was his doing. Joe Scarborough is OUTRAGED!

I despise Newt, but I think that we should support him in this effort. He's got more power than we do, and if we convey to him that he needs to stay involved and keep doing what he's doing, then it'll just spur him on.

They also said that this is the opening salvo of his presidential bid next time. I don't care. I'll never vote for him just on civil liberties alone, but I would think that we could support him on this.

They use us; let's use them.

me3
09-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Just sent email to my Rep. He voted for bail out. no suprise for a democrat.
BUT i told him how i felt :P so i feel better
Email him every day.

ItsTime
09-30-2008, 05:55 AM
bump

afmatt
09-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Email him every day.

also. call him everyday, fax him every day, write a letter to your local editor blasting him and if you're feeling really ticked go stand in front of his local office with a sign saying "traitor so and so voted FOR 700 Billion"

Falseflagop
09-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Keep this thread near the top BUMP !

Dary
09-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Does anyone have a cross reference list of Reps who voted for and against the bailout and their contact info (including fax numbers)?

cheapseats
09-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Its called a rescue package now.

Republicans would also like to be called Right and the Asshole in North Korea prefers Dear Leader.

It is a Bailout, and it rewards bad behavior.

All those pregnancies people pretend they're so troubled about saving so they don't have to address tangible hard-ball problems? THIS is the example that we would give them, at the same time that we encourage them to 'Just Say No' to drugs, gangs et al? Why should they? They can see where the money is just as well as Money people can see where the money is.

Crime pays in America.

Crimes have been committed.

So many crimes have been committed that, like the bad loans, they are difficult to unravel.

Tough. We shovel the shit, or we get more shit.

Carole
09-30-2008, 08:46 AM
""The first thing I would do is say, 'Let's not call it a bailout. Let's call it a rescue," McCain told CNN. The Arizona Republican said that "Americans are frightened right now" and it is the job of political leaders to give them both an immediate solution and a longer-term approach to the problem."

How stupid. :mad:

Poison ivy by any other name is still poison ivy Mr. McInSane.

NO BAILOUT/RESCUE

ShowMeLiberty
09-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Does anyone have a cross reference list of Reps who voted for and against the bailout and their contact info (including fax numbers)?

http://track.nocashfortrash.org/

Click the Rep's name or photo for contact info.

Pauls' Revere
09-30-2008, 10:06 AM
This second time around angers me even more. I'm even more fired up and e-mailing more than before! This only proves they have NO intention of even listening to US "The People".

UGH!

I NEED TO SCREAM!
:mad:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/financial_meltdown

sorry I'm on very little sleep...but Liberty is worth it.

Carole
09-30-2008, 10:37 AM
As the talking heads and political hacks go running amok crying, "The sky is falling,The sky is falling", the market quietly goes about its business of self-correcting. :)

They want this bailout fast because it must not be seen that the market and the American people are perfectly capable of fixing this problem without the interference of government.

Thus they clamor and they blame and they demand and insist upon ACTION. Any action will do so they say. Yet I believe we have the power and control, and they are in fear of losing their power and control over us all. They must be seen as the saviors of the system, of the economy.

BULL I say. Go take a long vacation Congress. We will let you know when it is okay to return.
:D

Call and write your representatives please. Let's do this thing. :)