PDA

View Full Version : The Bailout: a trap?

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
09-30-2008, 01:41 AM
This feels more and more like a trap. The more people fight the bailout, the harder the media will blame those who oppose it. It just seems like it is impossible to 'win'.

I am not downing the efforts of people here, but surely I am not the only one to realize this almost inevitable truth. It does not take much for the media to frighten the vast majority of people into holding a certain viewpoint.

If it passes, the economy will still tank and it will show the bailout was no solution at all and the government has failed yet again.

I do not support the bailout in any way. I know it is a scam. That's not the point.

At least someone is pointing out that the bailout is a scam.

U.S. Heading for Deeper Economic Slump, With or Without Bailout
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601083&sid=aV62_cIZzrM4&refer=currency

But I don't know.. I feel like if the bailout doesn't go through, the media and government will forever place the blame on those who stopped it, and use it as a way to let themselves off the hook.

"The economy would have been fine if we had been able to pass the bailout!"

There's no reason to attack me, either. I won't be doing anything to get the bailout passed. This is just really bothering me at the moment. And it is good to view a situation from all angles..