PDA

View Full Version : "Shock and Awe"

RSLudlum
09-29-2008, 11:42 PM
I just got through watching RP's reaction video after the vote...And it dawned on me that We, The People just possibly pulled off our own campaign of "Shock and Awe" proving to the government, the media, and the rest of the world that We, The People are not just subjects to be governed. This is exactly how 'democracy' should be spread throughout the world, by example and not by force!

But don't stop now, we have to make sure that our representative government knows that we are going to keep their feet to the fire from here on out!

nodope0695
09-29-2008, 11:46 PM
You used the word "democracy"....may I politely correct you by reminding you that we live in a REPUBLIC, not a democracy. Democracy is "mob rule". In a republic, the people are represented in governent, and the minority is protected by the tyranny of the majority.

RSLudlum
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
You used the word "democracy"....may I politely correct you by reminding you that we live in a REPUBLIC, not a democracy. Democracy is "mob rule". In a republic, the people are represented in governent, and the minority is protected by the tyranny of the majority.

LOL....I knew I'd get a reply like that hence the 'quotation' marks. I used it bc. that's the excuse that has been used and abused time after time to give weight to our foreign policies. ;)

nodope0695
09-29-2008, 11:51 PM
LOL....I knew I'd get a reply like that hence the 'quotation' marks. I used it bc. that's the excuse that has been used and abused time after time to give weight to our foreign policies. ;)

Ahh, I see the quotes now....I gotcha.:o Guess I was preaching to the chior. lol

speciallyblend
09-30-2008, 12:07 AM
I just got through watching RP's reaction video after the vote...And it dawned on me that We, The People just possibly pulled off our own campaign of "Shock and Awe" proving to the government, the media, and the rest of the world that We, The People are not just subjects to be governed. This is exactly how 'democracy' should be spread throughout the world, by example and not by force!

But don't stop now, we have to make sure that our representative government knows that we are going to keep their feet to the fire from here on out!

and the reaction video link is where?????:confused:

RSLudlum
09-30-2008, 12:09 AM
and the reaction video link is where?????:confused:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=649

tomveil
09-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah, we got in the first punch.

They'll pass the fucking thing anyway.