PDA

View Full Version : CNN called me - they want me to remove their contact info from RPF; should I?

Matt Collins
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
A producer from CNN has e-mailed me and politely asked me to remove his phone number from the Ron Paul Forums which I posted back in January; for some reason they just now noticed I guess. :rolleyes:

Obviously CNN screwed Ron during the primary, but they have been giving him a LOT of face time in the last few weeks.

See this thread for background:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=159610

SO THE QUESTION REMAINS -
Should I voluntarily remove this guy's phone number which apparently rings to his office? Or should I keep it posted?

I am open to thoughts, opinions, and suggestions.

RSLudlum
09-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Sure, go ahead and remove it after I add it to my Contact List ;) :p

Dustancostine
09-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Well considering that if you don't he might change the number which would defeat the point of having it. So I would remove it, but keep it handing for when we really need to annoy him.

sratiug
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Negotiate. We want all third party candidates in the remaing debates... and

nodope0695
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Part of me thinks you should remove it because he asked nicely....however the other side of my brain says the guy is MSM scum, and deserves no favors.

Hmmmmm......

Maverick
09-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Negotiate.

This.

mmink15
09-29-2008, 11:51 PM
I don't think you should remove it.
My reasons:
-It is a number that is public record, right? Someone could get it off of google as easy as they could get it off of a 10 month old post on these forums.
-Ron Paul hasn't been given anything by the MSM, they simply can't ignore him now that he's been proven correct on economic issues.
-This movements willingness to pick up the phone and make important calls is a strength and should not be relinquished or compromised in any capacity.

Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt if you like

PauliticsPolitics
Well considering that if you don't he might change the number which would defeat the point of having it. So I would remove it, but keep it handing for when we really need to annoy him.

I like this strategy. Remove it, but keep it handy for whenever we need it. Else he will just change it.

misericordia
leave the record intact. CNN can afford new numbers.

Matt Collins
09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Negotiate. We want all third party candidates in the remaing debates... andI don't think this guy has that kind of power. I think his power extends to booking guests on shows and planning discussion topics, preparing news stories, etc (if I had to guess).

Matt Collins
09-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Part of me thinks you should remove it because he asked nicelyI agree with that.

....however the other side of my brain says the guy is MSM scum, and deserves no favors.I also agree with that. I don't know this guy or anything about him. He might be an ally on the inside, or he may be part of the problem. There is no way to know which is why I am posing this question to RPF.

Matt Collins
09-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't think you should remove it.
-It is a number that is public record, right? Someone could get it off of google as easy as they could get it off of a 10 month old post on these forums.This number isn't that public. I found it but had to do some digging to do so. A Google search doesn't really turn it up.

-Ron Paul hasn't been given anything by the MSM, they simply can't ignore him now that he's been proven correct on economic issues.On the contrary they can ignore him now a lot more than they could ignore him during the campaign.

-This movements willingness to pick up the phone and make important calls is a strength and should not be relinquished or compromised in any capacity.I absolutely agree. But should we piss off someone who has been putting Ron front and center recently?

lasenorita
09-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Even if you remove/edit it right now, RPF has a "Post Edit History" which allows others to view your earlier post. And it'll still be archived, won't it? (Unless you contact a moderator.)

Personally, I think you should go ahead and have it removed since he personally contacted you. I'm assuming you posted it because you wanted others to contact him about a particular issue way back in January? It's best to extend the same courtesy you would expect from another person. :)

Korey Kaczynski
09-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Why? Did he give a reason?

If he didn't, then don't. We have an interest in having a contact to the media. One that is valid and these forums apply perfectly to what is current news.

If they're complaining about us slamming their phone lines, then perhaps they should've thought about that when Ron Paul was running. Maybe if he was treated fairly then we wouldn't be so concerned with getting our news out to the mainstream.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-30-2008, 12:00 AM
You need to ask yourself who can do more damage. Remove it.

Korey Kaczynski
09-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Oh, it wasn't a public number? What was the primary purpose of this number, then?

sratiug
09-30-2008, 12:02 AM
I don't think this guy has that kind of power. I think his power extends to booking guests on shows and planning discussion topics, preparing news stories, etc (if I had to guess).

Does CNN have a debate show coming up with invited guests who happen to be candidates? Or no?

Korey Kaczynski
09-30-2008, 12:04 AM
If the guy is just some lackey who follows orders from the higher ups and doesnt' have any real power, remove it.

chiefsmurph
09-30-2008, 12:04 AM
take it off. he asked nicely. and didn't do any harm to you.

Bman
09-30-2008, 12:05 AM
I absolutely agree. But should we piss off someone who has been putting Ron front and center recently?

Take it down. You can always repost it if needed.:D

AJ Antimony
09-30-2008, 12:07 AM
After reading this thread, I'd say the best thing to do is remove it, but keep it handy so if they continue to air bullshit, you can re-post it when necessary.

lasenorita
09-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Just wanted to add that since it's been archived by Google, it's there forever. And if it's what I think it is, you seem to have posted that contact information on quite a few threads. Don't miss one. ;)

DFF
09-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Tell him you'll take it down in exchange for Bernanke's home telephone number.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-30-2008, 12:18 AM
nt

Ex Post Facto
09-30-2008, 12:20 AM
I agree take it down.

jcarcinogen
09-30-2008, 12:22 AM
this is a setup.

parke
09-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Dear CNN producer,

Dont blame us. We voted for Ron Paul, without your networks help on deciding real issues. Next time, the internet will prove to be more powerful than your crappy dog and pony shows.

We will stay motivated, gain experience and win the White House in four years. Televisions days are numbered. Mark my words. I hate you.

'Advertisements are the only truths to be relied upon in newspapers.' Thomas Jefferson

I trust Jefferson. Not CNN. I cant wait to see what fear you spark tomorrow to try to sway members of Congress into voting FOR the bill.

PS. Tell Lou he is a fucking hypocrite. All his hot air about illegal immigration and fighting for Americans and he continues to ignore Ron Paul. GFYS's

parke
09-30-2008, 12:36 AM
start a poll and keep it bumped for a day??

invisible
09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Isn't CNN one of the outfits spewing this propaganda that 80% of Americans want the bailout? Or that "Congress failed to take action on the rescue plan"? Are these the type of stories that this guy is responsible for preparing? Perhaps you could ask him nicely to prepare stories that are not blatent propaganda, or are at least not quite as biased. Perhaps you can ask him to book guests that will present both sides of an issue, instead of those who only support shrub and TPTB. Perhaps if you ask nicely, he might be as kind to you as you might be able to be to him.

DFF
09-30-2008, 12:44 AM
dear cnn producer,

dont blame us. We voted for ron paul, without your networks help on deciding real issues. Next time, the internet will prove to be more powerful than your crappy dog and pony shows.

We will stay motivated, gain experience and win the white house in four years. Televisions days are numbered. Mark my words. I hate you.

'advertisements are the only truths to be relied upon in newspapers.' thomas jefferson

i trust jefferson. Not cnn. I cant wait to see what fear you spark tomorrow to try to sway members of congress into voting for the bill.

Ps. Tell lou he is a fucking hypocrite. All his hot air about illegal immigration and fighting for americans and he continues to ignore ron paul. Gfys's

QFT! :d

erin moore
09-30-2008, 12:47 AM
I got John Moody's number (VP at Fox) from this forum, called him and had a chat about RP way back in January. (maybe even from you)

I think you should not remove it. I think you should ask him to come here and ask us not to call him- or to email first.... I don't know....

I have a heart but this is real life. This is our country and none of these guys get let off the hook. You are a part of the machine, you have to live with the consequences.

Actually, now that I think of it, this is great. We Ron Paul People are going to be a force to be reckoned with for a long time to come.

I vote no. Leave it up.

devil21
09-30-2008, 03:12 AM
I call bullshit. How does someone call you with an email?

Link to the thread with this contentious phone number? Im not digging through your 6K posts for it.

Truth Warrior
09-30-2008, 03:15 AM
Hold out for more money, Ted can afford it. :D

BuddyRey
09-30-2008, 03:29 AM
Remove it, but keep it handy for the next time you need it.

Can you say "bargaining chip"?

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/Image/FredRogers_GoldSweater.jpg

Time for Change
09-30-2008, 04:02 AM
Remove and keep handy

IPSecure
09-30-2008, 04:42 AM
Ask that sorry excuse of a 'producer': "Who gave the order to smear, shut out, and marginalize the great Doctor."

Ask him to have his sorry excuse of a news network to apologize to Dr. Ron Paul, and all of the supporters, for their smear campaign! (On-Air, Repeatedly.)

I bet the answer is the same answer I received from the Republicrat county chairman when questioned about support for McFly - 'It seemed to come from above.'

me3
09-30-2008, 05:14 AM
Don't make an enemy. Make an ally.

pacelli
09-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Just don't respond to anymore phone calls or emails; they pulled that shit on us for the entire duration of the campaign.

JasonC
09-30-2008, 07:28 AM
How the heck did CNN get your phone number by looking at a forum post?

werdd
09-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Tell him to remove the fat bald indian communist guy with glasses and you have a deal.

Fuck him.

JasonC
09-30-2008, 07:55 AM
tell him to remove the fat bald indian communist guy with glasses and you have a deal.

Fuck him.

best suggestion ever!

ShowMeLiberty
09-30-2008, 08:01 AM
He was polite so remove it, keep it handy AND tell us how/where you found it. That way we can all "find" it independently and keep it handy ourselves. ;)

mcgraw_wv
09-30-2008, 08:05 AM
A producer from CNN has e-mailed me and politely asked me to remove his phone number from the Ron Paul Forums which I posted back in January; for some reason they just now noticed I guess. :rolleyes:

Obviously CNN screwed Ron during the primary, but they have been giving him a LOT of face time in the last few weeks.

Should I voluntarily remove this guy's phone number which apparently rings to his office? Or should I keep it posted?

You will trade it for showing one Ron Paul or Chuck Baldwin commercial about the need to look towards the other parties for leadership... ;)

LibertyEagle
09-30-2008, 08:05 AM

This seems to be a habit with you, Matt.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1112964&highlight=cnn%2C+phone#post1112964

MelissaCato
09-30-2008, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't remove it. It's in the Public Domain. LMAO

Who Who Who Whooooo let the dogs out ?

mcgraw_wv
09-30-2008, 08:16 AM
I just figured it out...

You will remove it in exchange for his regular participation on this board to hear, read, and understand what it is we are looking for in the MSM and our politics...

He doesn't have to be a supporter, but interact with us, and try to understand what this movement it actually about...

angelatc
09-30-2008, 08:17 AM

No, screw him.

ihsv
09-30-2008, 08:34 AM
I think you should hold the phone. Number for ransom ;)

FindLiberty
09-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Do I already have that telephone number (the one that I'm supposed to remove)?

Post it here so we can all check, then you too can remove it from your other posts.

...and I don't even wanna call 'em, so don't worry 'bout nuthin.

Matt Collins
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
How the heck did CNN get your phone number by looking at a forum post?Yeah, I am wondering that myself. But since I use my real name and I have a website about myself etc and CNN does (sometimes) do investigative reporting, I guess it was possible to find it without tooooooo much trouble.

Matt Collins
09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Tell him to remove the fat bald indian communist guy with glasses and you have a deal.Yeah really. I just want to punch that guy in the face when he was on TV. Remember I canceled my cable after the election so I don't watch TV anymore :)

Matt Collins
09-30-2008, 09:04 AM
This seems to be a habit with you, Matt.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1112964&highlight=cnn%2C+phone#post1112964

Yep...making waves. The VP of ABC News was NOT happy with me when I did that to him :D

constituent
09-30-2008, 09:05 AM
epic lolz

Spider-Man
09-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Remove his phone number. He's just some ass hole.

Besides, it'll still be cached on Google.

DAFTEK
09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Tell him to remove the fat bald indian communist guy with glasses and you have a deal.

Fuck him.

AMEN! That guy is FEAR MONGERING the country acting like some kind of super expert on everything and anything... Fucking idiot and his expensive suits.... :mad:

If CNN went bankrupt i would jump for joy...

http://www.bmivault.org/multimedia/stillshots/2008/DailyShow4_1.jpg

xd9fan
09-30-2008, 10:03 AM
CNN called me - they want me to remove their contact info from RPF; should I?

Hell no!!!!

tangent4ronpaul
09-30-2008, 01:30 PM
hay - I didn't see a phone number in that thread - did anyone get it? - please post!

-t

kahless
09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
When they blatantly post propaganda in favor of the bailout how can you justify removing the phone numbers.

http://tips.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/30/why-the-bailout-affects-you/

Tell them you will take the phone number down when they run a fair and balanced article concerning the bailout and they remove propaganda such as this.

Elwar
09-30-2008, 01:38 PM
WWRPD?

Ron Paul might support the privacy aspect of it, and since the guy asked nicely then it might be gentlemanly to take it down.

Then again, he is all for openness but that's more about openness in government.

If you decide to take it down just make sure you tell him that it is based on the fact that you are following Ron Paul's example in your actions.

Kludge
09-30-2008, 01:44 PM
www.campaignforliberty.com must be displayed in a viewable size on CNN for a period of time no less then 12 consecutive hours (commercials do not break the 12 hours but also do not count toward the 12 hours).

jabrownie
09-30-2008, 02:33 PM
tell him to remove the fat bald indian communist guy with glasses and you have a deal.

Fuck him.

+1776

Matt Collins
09-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Tell him to remove the fat bald indian communist guy with glasses and you have a deal.That guy's head looks like a melon

me3
09-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Tell them to have Rick Sanchez apologize on air for misattributing remarks from Lew Rockwell to Ron Paul, and he has a deal.

After seeing those shenanigans, F--- CNN.

jabrownie
09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Seriously though, most of us here are decent folks, he asked nicely so yea, take it down. .......... But if CNN keeps doing this BS one sided fear mongering stuff like yesterday with the bailout, where they kept saying americans were against it and kept putting out misinformation like, 'if you don't support this you're all going to be unemployeed tomarrow, won't be able to put food on the table; how many more 700 point down days can we take oh jeeze we're all gonna die' stuff. Also putting on person after person in favor of it w/o showing anything on the other side and trying to frame it like it was a failure of the politicians.....then hey....not only should you keep it up, but repost it along with all the other media numbers you can find, and let's all call and scream till their ears bleed.

Just my 2 cents.

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Remove it. Let's build bridges, not make enemies.

LibertyEagle
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
He asked nicely. I think you should remove it.

mketcher
09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Matt Collins;1723181]A producer from CNN has e-mailed me and politely asked me to remove his phone number from the Ron Paul Forums which I posted back in January; for some reason they just now noticed I guess. :rolleyes:

Take it off and replace it with his home phone number.

walt
09-30-2008, 03:05 PM
I like this strategy. Remove it, but keep it handy for whenever we need it. Else he will just change it.

+1

NEPA_Revolution
09-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Why don't we ask them for something in exchange? Like an hour interview with RP or something during primetime.

Chieftain1776
09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I think you should remove it for now and feel free to post it again if they do something shady like this again. I just sent this email to the "contact us" link at http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/cnn.newsroom/ which is the specific show's website.

"I was disappointed to witness such a display of shoddy journalism today by Rick Sanchez and his producer Angie on the segment with Representative Ron Paul. I did about only about two minutes of research and was able to discover that the quote was 1) from a BLOG which was then placed on 2) a website that is not even the congressman's. Frankly I'd like to think it was an honest mistake and not a smear. I'll just try to give you guys the benefit of the doubt."

Dave39168
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
either way... I'm glad he called, this shows that we are having an impact :D

Matt Collins
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
this is a setup.How so?:confused:

Matt Collins
10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I got John Moody's number (VP at Fox) from this forum, called him and had a chat about RP way back in January. What did he say?:confused:

I'm dying to know!