PDA

View Full Version : Has CNN been fair to Ron?

Matt Collins
09-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Just curious, but I would like everyone to think back to the campaign, and including the recent weeks, but I would like to know if everyone here thinks CNN has been fair to Ron? They have had him on a lot recently.

There is a point to this question and after I get a good number of responses I'll let the cat out of the bag. So let's hear your opinion!

jbuttell
09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Reflecting on how they treated him during the debates they hosted, to put it mildly - they're not out to help Ron Paul.

angelatc
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM
No, no , a thousand times no!

The debates alone made me want to smack every single one of 'em!

nodope0695
09-29-2008, 10:41 PM
No. None of the MSM treating RP fairly, nor did they treat ANY of the so-called "second tier" candidates fairly.

Matt Collins
09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Are they treating him fairly now?

NerveShocker
09-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I dunno.. can pigs fly?

Knightskye
09-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Yes, CNN has been fair to Ron. They were the only ones who talked about the blimp too.

CasualApathy
09-29-2008, 10:51 PM
I have actually been pretty happy with a lot of the interviews lately. The quality of the questions has increased a lot in my opinion, and I honestly think that is because Ron Paul is starting to change some minds in the media as well.

ClayTrainor
09-29-2008, 11:00 PM
They've definitely given Ron Paul some attention but, Ron Paul also more than earned it. He broke fundraising records and generated more active support than anyone else in the republican party.

When you think about it, they really just downplayed Paul all the time. They almost always introduced him as a fringe candidate before any interview during the primaries.

It's because of networks like CNN that paul is only ever painted as a fringe candidate. They have given our revolution some attention, but I don't trust them one bit.

CasualApathy
09-29-2008, 11:03 PM
They've definitely given Ron Paul some attention but, Ron Paul also more than earned it. He broke fundraising records and generated more active support than anyone else in the republican party.

When you think about it, they really just downplayed Paul all the time. They almost always introduced him as a fringe candidate before any interview during the primaries.

It's because of networks like CNN that paul is only ever painted as a fringe candidate. They have given our revolution some attention, but I don't trust them one bit.

This is also true.

Kevin_Kennedy
09-29-2008, 11:03 PM
They're being fair to him now, considering he predicted the financial crisis and was one of the few people with an actual idea of what needs to be done to solve it.

But not while he was running for President, no.

Oyate
09-29-2008, 11:11 PM
No phreaking way. They did treat him scandalously in the debates. With utter rudeness and disdain. We have long memories, we're elephants, we won't forget.

Now they trot him out to milk him for media exposure. We're gonna use them right back but there's no love between us and any of the MSM.

We're close to not needing them. They get their intel from us now, not the other way around.

For their collusion in the runup to 2 wars, for their willful lack of professional competence, for the damage they are doing to the truth about the bailout at this very moment, the MSM is our enemy.

Malakai
09-29-2008, 11:23 PM
A few CNN personalities have, but as a whole? I wouldn't say any one national news service has always been fair. Obviously Fox has by far been the worst, not just with Paul but anything the bigwigs who run the gov don't find newsworthy.

The CNN debates were only slightly better than the Fox ones though. Fucking jackass moderators should all be hung (ok kidding, fired and revocation of journalism degrees then)!

Matt Collins
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
SEE THIS THREAD to know why I am asking this question:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1723181#post1723181

Bruno
09-29-2008, 11:39 PM
let the cat out, Matt, we're dying here

speciallyblend
09-30-2008, 12:12 AM
No, no , a thousand times no!

The debates alone made me want to smack every single one of 'em!

and i am next double slappin them, so my answer is HELL NO!!!!
CNN blew it to be honest,of course if i hear them demanding Ron Paul be in the debates ,then i might let cnn slide;)

AJ Antimony
09-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Fair? Well they gave all the other candidates more coverage than Ron and ignored so many of his amazing achievements including how he went from the darkest of horses to finishing #2 in the roll call vote. They haven't been fair, no.

In general though they, like other networks, offer absolutely SHITTY journalism. They're a typical part of the Media Industrial Complex. They don't report truth unless there's profit/ratings involved. I wouldn't treat them kind after the awakening I have seen to their excuse for journalism.

jkm1864
09-30-2008, 01:04 AM
No they are not. I posted the reasons why I was against the bail out. I posted 3 times and I explained about the fed. The truth behind all the calls to the reps being 300-1 against. I also posted alot of other crap and they deleted all the posts. As a matter of fact they are deleting most of the posts to give the illusion that most people are for it.