PDA

View Full Version : Why tomorrow will be a bitter pill as well

Dequeant
09-29-2008, 07:45 PM
As bad as today was.....

Don't forget, there was no real short selling since it was banned by the SEC.

After a drop like today, people could normally be confident there would be at least SOME rebound when the short sellers "buy to cover". That normal market process will not be happening tomorrow, since they outlawed short selling. There is literally nothing stopping it from completely tanking without short selling, which usually provides a "road bump" on the way down when everyone has to buy to cover.

The Good Doctor
09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Short selling was only banned on 799 financial companies unless something has changed that I am unaware of.

As bad as today was.....

Don't forget, there was no real short selling since it was banned by the SEC.

After a drop like today, people could normally be confident there would be at least SOME rebound when the short sellers "buy to cover". That normal market process will not be happening tomorrow, since they outlawed short selling. There is literally nothing stopping it from completely tanking without short selling, which usually provides a "road bump" on the way down when everyone has to buy to cover.

FrankRep
09-29-2008, 07:52 PM
What will happen to the people with existing short orders?

cheapseats
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
But the Players are losing money now, too. It makes all the difference in the world. As of now, the Players are losing bigger percentages than Reglar Folk.

They're as motivated to "settle" as we are.

Again and again, I say that the Money Supply has not been burned. (On the contrary, we print money like it grows on trees. THERE WAS A SEGMENT ON THE NEWS THAT THEY ARE PAINTING THE DEAD GRASS OF FORECLOSURE HOMES GREEN. Does that sound panicked? Or does that sound like same-old-same-old style over substance. Separately, I would ask how good it could be for us to have green paint soaking into our soil.) Let us kindly recollect that the top One Percent holds nearly 25% of our wealth. They'll buy eventually. They could buy now. They could step up to the plate as Patriots and Philanthropists. They're still looking to make a killing. It's what they DO. Money is EVERYTHING to them.

CLEARLY, an economy doesn't get into this deep of shit, and then correct itself overnight. If it's Authentic Repair we're interested in, rather than a Quick Fix, REORGANIZATION is gonna be a process, not an event.

When they scare you with the Great Depression, here's a tidbit I remember reading...the economy was WORSE ten years after the crash of 1929, argue as you will that it was in spite of or because of Roosevelt's host of Alphabet Agencies and Public Works projects. It was WWII that saved our bacon.

We are accustomed to speedy and speedier. We press the button at a traffic signal or in an elevator half a dozen times. Hurry u-u-up, how many SECONDS can this possibly take?

This will take longer than a download.

NoPants
09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Are people actually buying into this media campaign?

For bail out = Good
Against bailout = Anti-American

And stop saying we don't understand!!!!!