PDA

View Full Version : ‘Hang ‘Em’: C-SPAN Caller Threatens Bush, Cheney

speech
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
"If there was any true justice in this country, the people would drag them [Bush and Cheney] out of the White House, take 'em to the Capitol Mall, and hang 'em by the neck until they are dead, dead, dead."
http://vidzking.com/Tags/%E2%80%98Hang-%E2%80%98Em%E2%80%99-C-SPAN-Caller-Threatens-Bush-Cheney

ClayTrainor
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
SO True!

Grimnir Wotansvolk
09-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I bet that guy posts here

Andrew Ryan
09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I agree with the caller.

A. Havnes
09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Yes, if he's a member here I'd desperately like to meet him. That must've took some guts to say that!

DirtMcGirt
09-29-2008, 07:59 PM
did ghem move to florida?

tmosley
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I posted the same sentiment on slashdot, and they replied with a bunch of cowardspeak about how I had just threatened the President and secret service would be knocking on my door.

Not really relevant, but interesting.

Bruno
09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
lol. The guy didn't threaten the president, he said, "if there was any justice in this country, people would..."

Today a similar caller, perhaps the same guy, called Cspan and said they should use the 'water torture racks they have' and torture Bernanke and Paulson for what they have done.

speech
09-29-2008, 08:22 PM
lol. The guy didn't threaten the president, he said, "if there was any justice in this country, people would..."

Today a similar caller, perhaps the same guy, called Cspan and said they should use the 'water torture racks they have' and torture Bernanke and Paulson for what they have done.

The punishment for treason is death anyways.

SimpleName
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
I feel the same way. Technically no real threat, but knowing this tyrannical administration, I'm sure they are forcing C-SPAN to give over the guy's phone number. AMERICANS, WAKE UP!!! These men need to be impeached and no one like them should ever hold power in our great country ever again! They are completely destroying our country and I can barely take it anymore!

Mach
09-29-2008, 09:26 PM

tron paul
09-29-2008, 09:35 PM
"If there was any true justice in this country, the people would drag them [Bush and Cheney] out of the White House, take 'em to the Capitol Mall, and hang 'em by the neck until they are dead, dead, dead."

Grandma?:p

Remember what the doctor said about your blood pressure.

You don't need to be getting into another shoot-out with the Secret Service!

At least wait until that hip heals up.

RickyJ
09-29-2008, 09:45 PM
http://vidzking.com/Tags/%E2%80%98Hang-%E2%80%98Em%E2%80%99-C-SPAN-Caller-Threatens-Bush-Cheney

That wouldn't be justice. Threatening the President on the phone or online is real stupid. They are mere puppets. If they were taken out new puppets would replace them.

raiha
09-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Besides you could never get within coo-ee of them without a coup. Same as Mugabe.

tron paul
09-29-2008, 10:09 PM
That wouldn't be justice. Threatening the President on the phone or online is real stupid. They are mere puppets. If they were taken out new puppets would replace them.

The caller is saying that their imagined scenario IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, because there's no justice in this country. Hence, their inclusion of the key word "if" to try to help people understand they're speculating about a symbolic hypothetical situation.

Nobody threatened anyone. What a nation of pansies it is that dilutes the definition of threat until any kind of negative expression of disapproval sets off a reaction of "omg online threats are teh turrurism!!1"

The CSPAN caller spoke words of wisdom accurately reflecting the mood of the country, not something "real stupid."

Puppets are puppets mainly because they practice self-censorship, living in fear of committing a Violation of The Rules and being seen as Guilty of Political Incorrectness.

nodope0695
09-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Absolutely agree. They are true criminals.

Alex Libman
09-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Hanging isn't painful enough.

nodope0695
09-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I feel the same way. Technically no real threat, but knowing this tyrannical administration, I'm sure they are forcing C-SPAN to give over the guy's phone number. AMERICANS, WAKE UP!!! These men need to be impeached and no one like them should ever hold power in our great country ever again! They are completely destroying our country and I can barely take it anymore!

Amen! I hate Bush, and all who work with him...

RickyJ
09-29-2008, 10:25 PM
The caller is saying that their imagined scenario IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, because there's no justice in this country. Hence, their inclusion of the key word "if" to try to help people understand they're speculating about a symbolic hypothetical situation.

Hey, inciting people to hang the President can be viewed as a legitimate threat. And no, that would not be justice since they are mere puppets which can be easily replaced.

RickyJ
09-29-2008, 10:28 PM
The CSPAN caller spoke words of wisdom accurately reflecting the mood of the country, not something "real stupid.".

OK, I suppose even Ron Paul forums has its share of sheeple. Carry on.

polomertz
09-29-2008, 10:47 PM
They don't need to be hung. That might plant the seeds for another necon revolution 20 years from now.

They need to be publically humiliated. Tar & feathers in the Capitol Hill Mall anybody? Although oil & frns applied in the same manner, might be symbolically appropriate.

tron paul
09-29-2008, 10:52 PM
OK, I suppose even Ron Paul forums has its share of sheeple. Carry on.

We are the bellwethers the other sheep follow, but I wouldn't say that one knee-jerk remark that others take issue with makes anybody a sheeple. :cool:

*buys Ricky a beer*

tron paul
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey, inciting people to hang the President can be viewed as a legitimate threat. And no, that would not be justice since they are mere puppets which can be easily replaced.

Obviously, you have amply demonstrated that the caller's opinion "can be viewed" like that. I questioned the wisdom of doing so.

IMO, you're making accusations of "incitement" because your original charge of making a "threat" was shown to be baseless. There is no defense against shape shifting nebulous charges of Contempt Of Government. Next I half expect you'll say the caller was making a terrorist threat, by using fear of violence to achieve their political end.

I think that it's pretty clear the caller was being figurative, not literal. Either way, there was no threat, incitement, or terrorism involved.

We're gonna need a bigger archipelago of FEMA camps if there was, because most of the country feels the exact same way as the CSPAN caller.

VoteForRonPaul
09-30-2008, 01:43 AM
lol. The guy didn't threaten the president, he said, "if there was any justice in this country, people would..." ..................
Let us hope the department of justice will play that role one day :D