PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow, email/fax/call your congressman, and tell them what you think of their vote

TER
09-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Keep the pressure up. This is one battle. The war is still on.

Who voted what. (http://www.votesmart.org/issue_keyvote_member.php?cs_id=22428&sort=vote)

TER
09-29-2008, 08:15 PM
just a friendly reminder before I hit the hay...:)

NoPants
09-29-2008, 08:18 PM
sent these emails tonight to my Senators...

I listened to several of your comments last week regarding the proposed bail out. I thought your words were excellent in representing the views of the American people and more importantly, individuals like myself from your home state. I thank you for your integrity and valor in times like these when it is so common to see political leaders take the easy way out. Please stay strong and don't listen to the biased media propaganda. Your acts are those of a true patriot, don't let them take that away from you. Stick to your guns. Vote NO to any form of this unconstitutional abuse of power and money proposed by Secretary Paulson.

and

Thank you for your representation. Today was a very important step for the American people. The media and established powers were shocked when the House voted down the proposed bail out. I believe the greatest surprise was the show of consideration for the American people rather than the more common act of doing whatever the executive leadership "tells" Congress to do. This is a rare display of courage in politics today and deserves recognition. I truly hope you will follow their example. These actions demonstrate integrity and valor in a time when it is more common to see politicians take the easy way out. Please stay strong and don't listen to the biased media propaganda. You too can prove to the American people, and more importantly, people like myself from your home state that you are a true patriot. Vote NO to any form of this unconstitutional abuse of power and money proposed by Secretary Paulson.

TER
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
bump