PDA

View Full Version : Response from Virginia Foxx NC 5th

olehounddog
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM
September 29, 2008:D:):p

Dear Mr. Brown:

As you are well aware, our country is facing an historic economic challenge that requires action on the part of Congress. Our main objective in confronting this challenge should be putting our country first-which ultimately means taxpayers and future generations. The people of Northwest North Carolina have clearly expressed their outrage over the current proposal.

I voted against this bill because I am very concerned about the unprecedented direction that this economic recovery package would take our country. This plan puts taxpayers, their children and their grandchildren on the hook for the bad decisions of Wall Street and government sponsored enterprises. Taxpayers deserve better.

This bill was another massive government intervention into America's economy. It would have fundamentally changed our marketplace by rewarding financial companies that made bad decisions and placing those who exercised prudence at a serious disadvantage. And it would have done all this with the tax dollars of hard-working North Carolinians. Congress must protect American citizens who have played by the rules and not do long-term harm to the values we hold dear.

Also, this bill did not adequately address the underlying causes of our current financial crisis. Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have provided a poignant illustration of what happens when the federal government aggressively interferes in the marketplace. Freddie and Fannie helped lead the subprime stampede that contributed to today's crisis. They must be dramatically reformed.

Furthermore, if the effects of the hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars already spent bailing out insolvent and irresponsible financial entities just this year serves as any guide, the proposal before us today would not work, but rather would aggravate the underlying economic problems.

The plan before Congress did not deal with the real problem. There are superior alternatives that protect taxpayers and preserve our economic system but, unfortunately, the administration and those in charge of Congress are not willing to consider them. I and members on both sides of the aisle have pleaded with those in charge to consider these alternatives, but they refuse.

You may be interested in reading additional information about this bailout on my website, www.foxx.house.gov. We update our site daily and it is a great resource to learn about constituent services, legislative updates and my work in Congress. I hope you will utilize the website and let me know what you think about it.

Sincerely,

Virginia Foxx

Member of Congress

VF/rc

Highland
09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
wow...Heath Shuler...our 11th...voted against it too. can't believe it...his election with Mumpower is tight with the work Mumpower is doing on getting rid of illegals.

dsentell
09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Thank you, Ms. Foxx! You are a Patriot!

ifthenwouldi
09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
wow...Heath Shuler...our 11th...voted against it too. can't believe it...his election with Mumpower is tight with the work Mumpower is doing on getting rid of illegals.

Highland,

I'm in Canton, where are you?

olehounddog
09-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Thank you, Ms. Foxx! You are a Patriot!

That's what I told her in my thank you.

Highland
09-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Highland,

I'm in Canton, where are you?

Franklin NC

GunnyFreedom
09-30-2008, 08:01 AM
According to OpenCongress.org at the following link:

http://www.opencongress.org/person/show/400311_ronald_paul

Ron Paul's votes more closely matched Virginia Foxx than any other member of the House.

Most often votes with: Rep. Virginia Foxx [R, NC-5]
Least often votes with: Rep. C. Michael Thompson [D, CA-1]
Democrat most often votes with: Rep. Gene Taylor [D, MS-4]
Republican least often votes with: Rep. Christopher Smith [R, NJ-4]

olehounddog
09-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks for that info Gunny. That will be very helpful.