PDA

View Full Version : Stopping the bailout is great but...

Elwar
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Ok, I've been holding my company stock for a few years hoping it would keep rising (SAIC, they're part of the military industrial complex so they aren't going anywhere).
My wife has been worried with everything going on...she got really worried when I told her our bank (Wachovia) is gone. That's a solid bank that we never thought would go anywhere but up.

So, I'm thinking I want to dump my stock and put the money toward my mortgage, unfortunately today it took a dive. Any thoughts on when or if there will be a rebound? Or what needs to happen for at least the markets to level out?

This is all such uncharted territory, I'm not sure what to do.

Too bad Wachovia going away doesn't mean that our mortgage and car loan don't go away as well ;)

Kludge
09-29-2008, 02:26 PM
The bill will likely be re-introduced soon (by the end of the week), which may give enough of a bump on Wall Street for you to sell off without too much loss...

literatim
09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
So did your stock go down? Not everyone all Wall Street lost money.

constitutional
09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Bill will be reintroduced with in next 24 hours, no doubt.

Drknows
09-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Stocks will rebound in a few weeks if the bailout still fails.

The market is overreacting because the corporate chumps are making a big deal out of it.

fr33domfightr
09-29-2008, 02:34 PM
This Bill is far from shelved. Watch out for amendments and a revote in the coming days!!!

FF

Elwar
09-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Ok, looks like the fear from yesterday has subsided enough for my stock to bounce back enough to the point that I'll probably sell all of my stock and put it toward my house. That's about $50k.

Though, I bet once I pay off my house there will be some government bailout of home mortgages.