PDA

View Full Version : wooooooooohoooooooooooo

Craig Thompson
09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
the house is in recess until Thursday next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY CAN TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Menthol Patch
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Are you for real?

Until next Thursday?

steph3n
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
The fed took it already, $690 billion. People spending too much time cheering to read the sad news.

Kludge
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
They can still call an emergency session...

werdd
09-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Gotta go pay homage to their jewish masters.

Vote Waterman 2028
09-29-2008, 02:00 PM
The fed took it already, $690 billion. People spending too much time cheering to read the sad news.

No they pumped that money into the world markets, it is not the same thing, please dont try and spread rumors.

steph3n
09-29-2008, 02:01 PM
No they pumped that money into the world markets, it is not the same thing, please dont try and spread rumors.

Its essentially the same thing, no it doesn't go directly tot he bankers but it is still $690 of MANIPULATION.

ihsv
09-29-2008, 02:08 PM

Yes, but they didn't get the powers that were detailed in the bill, which is a far more serious issue. The dollar is on it's way out anyway, one way or another.

Vote Waterman 2028
09-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Its essentially the same thing, no it doesn't go directly tot he bankers but it is still $690 of MANIPULATION.

well its at least not coming out of my pocket, which i guess in the end if it causes hyperinflation, yes it will be. But like the guy above me posted, now they cant claim posession of everything when the market does collapse. Small victory for america today :D

wizardwatson
09-29-2008, 02:10 PM

That's just pumping liquidity into the market. AKA loans. Loans don't fix the balance sheets, that just increases how leveraged they are. The bailout bill would increase the net worth of failing businesses.

steph3n
09-29-2008, 02:11 PM
well its at least not coming out of my pocket, which i guess in the end if it causes hyperinflation, yes it will be. But like the guy above me posted, now they cant claim posession of everything when the market does collapse. Small victory for america today :D

Correct, I don't think 700billion or 690 will make hyperinflation, but it will make inflation go up for sure. Of course they will deny it and modify CPI figuring again.

pacelli
09-29-2008, 02:12 PM
the house is in recess until Thursday next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY CAN TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm concerned that the Senate will force it.

constitutional
09-29-2008, 02:21 PM
There's no victory in the long run. And they will pass it very soon, speaker has the power to keep House in session. And SHE WILL. You really think they are going home for a week? LOL LOL LOL LOL

The votes are split, it was very close. They only need 20 or so members before the bill is passed. How hard is it? A coalition of 20 or so members will come forward demanding x be included in the bill -- allowing the bill to be passed.