PDA

View Full Version : Federal Reserve does the bailout anyway, $690 billion

steph3n
09-29-2008, 01:49 PM
http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/09/29/fed-ecb-boe-boj-again-add-funds-to-financial-system/print/

steph3n
09-29-2008, 01:56 PM
important news being pushed down.

fight the fed bump!

Chibioz
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
The fed is a private corporation with no legislative oversight. They don't need a vote to tell them what to do. :(

steph3n
09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
The fed is a private corporation with no legislative oversight. They don't need a vote to tell them what to do. :(

I know and yet people are here cheering and the FED goes, screw you we do it anyway.

anaconda
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Holy crap! Those evil-doers!

But now we can blame it on the Fed! this might be a good thing!

SnappleLlama
Wtf?!

fedup100

That's why their days are numbered!

ashura
09-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Can someone do me a favor and dumb down the lingo, what's the article saying in layman's terms?

steph3n
09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Can someone do me a favor and dumb down the lingo, what's the article saying in layman's terms?

It is saying, they moved funds around to free up $690 billion in liquidity which is $10billion different from the bailout, but the bailout would have been targetted to certain firms directly by Paulson instead of being a general influx of liquidity.

So if the issue is what they testified to that liquidity is not there, their $690 billion by their corrupt standards should fix it.

ashura
09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
And where's that cash going to without Paulson's guiding hand? If it's not certain firms, are all banks just getting a proportional influx?

constituent
09-29-2008, 02:09 PM
/=10 bil. sheer pork bribery.

/=10 bil. won't buy congress (anymore)

/=your hard work=priceless

let 'em do what they want. the jig is up.

dumbed-down enough?

micahnelson
09-29-2008, 02:10 PM
It is saying, they moved funds around to free up $690 billion in liquidity which is $10billion different from the bailout, but the bailout would have been targetted to certain firms directly by Paulson instead of being a general influx of liquidity.

It is bad in that it devalues the dollar, robbing wealth from the middle class.

It is better than the bailout, in that it doesn't create the Secretary of the Treasury as a Money Czar.

phoenixrising
09-29-2008, 02:12 PM
let 'em pour their useles $$$$ in!!! wtf cares!!! those behind the curtain must be rip roaring pissed! THE PEOPLE spoke!!!!!!!!!!!

yet this is not over--thursday ought to bring out more shennanigans for them to attempt to ram thru again!

Cowlesy
09-29-2008, 02:15 PM
swap lines, meaning they are swapping currency for banks who need to settle trades in USD

fedup100
09-29-2008, 02:19 PM
We can deal with this revelation later. Right now we need to make sure the fed is not given total control of the usa.

We need to push for prosecutions and the end of the fed. Wait till the sheeple who did not want this find out they did it any way and charged it to them! LOL, these arrogant sob's are sealing their fate.

fedup100
09-29-2008, 02:21 PM
let 'em pour their useles $$$$ in!!! wtf cares!!! those behind the curtain must be rip roaring pissed! THE PEOPLE spoke!!!!!!!!!!!

yet this is not over--thursday ought to bring out more shennanigans for them to attempt to ram thru again!

There are so many Joo in the government it has to come to a stand still because of their high holy day. Do not, any of you tell me we don't have a joo problem in the gov.

invisible
09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Where has this been confirmed? Link, please. If this is really true, I'm mad as hell! I see that my Congressman (Platts) voted against the bailout - when I was in his office on Friday, I did tell his aide to support HR 2755 as well as oppose the bailout. What we have to do now is to do this all over again: contact your Congressman, especially if they opposed the bailout, and tell them they need to support HR 2755, because now the only way to oppose the bailout is to abolish the federal reserve! Let's light up those phones again!

ashura
09-29-2008, 02:29 PM
There are links to the Fed press release in the article.

JenH88
09-29-2008, 02:33 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ahwz_k5JvuB8&refer=home
Fed Pumps Further $630 Billion Into Financial System (Update3)

It happened before the House even rejected the bailout..

Soccrmastr
09-29-2008, 02:33 PM
well yeah the next part of the battle is getting rid of the federal reserve.

Ozwest
09-29-2008, 02:38 PM
A pig with lipstick.

Done deal between the politicians and the FED.

Same result for taxpayers.

HOLLYWOOD
09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
AND...

GOOD OLE ZIONIST POS: Paulson/Bernake when they took the ILLEGAL appointed positions in this MONEY SCHEME... get to ALL his STOCK from GOLDMAN SACHS... TAX FREE!

Those ILLEGAL FED/BANKING BS they wrote the rules that ANY ASSETS they have to SELL in accepting a government job, are TAX EXEMPT!

PAULSON's TAX FREE STATE: $500 MILLION!!!

unbelieveable!

ashura
09-29-2008, 02:54 PM
bump because people should be aware of this as they're celebrating

dsentell
09-29-2008, 02:57 PM
IMO this just goes to show that the $700 Billion bailout was not about money -- they could, and did "print" the money anyway.

This bailout was pure and simple a power grab by the Fed.

Ozwest
09-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Mmmm.....

Is this a Democracy?

God Forbid!

LittleLightShining
09-29-2008, 03:01 PM
We can deal with this revelation later. Right now we need to make sure the fed is not given total control of the usa.

We need to push for prosecutions and the end of the fed. Wait till the sheeple who did not want this find out they did it any way and charged it to them! LOL, these arrogant sob's are sealing their fate.Can we? Isn't this just the tool we need to get our clueless congresspeople to finally get it? I am absolutely thrilled that my Democratic Rep. Peter Welch voted nay. The time is ripe right now while we have momentum to tie this issue in with the FED.

I see it like this-- Bernanke didn't get the bailout he wanted so they went ahead and inflated the dollar to get it. So Bernanke and the FED just STOLE $690b form the taxpayers. Am I wrong?

This is the tack I'm taking when I call my congressman tomorrow so please help me nail it down. I really think he needs to understand WHY the FED is a problem. If this doesn't illustrate it I don't know what will.

fedup100
09-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Where has this been confirmed? Link, please. If this is really true, I'm mad as hell! I see that my Congressman (Platts) voted against the bailout - when I was in his office on Friday, I did tell his aide to support HR 2755 as well as oppose the bailout. What we have to do now is to do this all over again: contact your Congressman, especially if they opposed the bailout, and tell them they need to support HR 2755, because now the only way to oppose the bailout is to abolish the federal reserve! Let's light up those phones again!

While all our attention was on this, Bush the lesser just rammed through a TRILLION dollar defense bill!

Tenbatsu
/sigh

They'll never let us win. Unbelievable.

LittleLightShining
While all our attention was on this, Bush the lesser just rammed through a TRILLION dollar defense bill!
Yep :mad:

Ozwest
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM
How can you guys stomach this?

dsentell
09-29-2008, 03:04 PM

That is always the way -- we are being hit from ALL sides. Better believe that there will be more tomorrow.

We just have to keep up the battle and fight off all we can.

BagOfEyebrows
09-29-2008, 03:05 PM

this is what has to be done -

I'd rather have the federal reserve do what they just did, as the dollar will continue to crash regardless (and because of those billions being pumped in), rather than have the bailout agreed to on top of it - it would sort of be like a double tax on the people, as we all know the dollar itself is crashing. All the bailout is and was is making taxpayers in debt to the usa dollar's crash. Now, all we have is the continued crash of the dollar with no bailout debt put on the people (for now.) We'll still feel the sting of the falling value/crash of the dollar as a result, but we won't have (for now) the added sting of bailout debt on top of it.

Mahkato
09-29-2008, 03:08 PM
h ttp://digg.com/business_finance/Fed_Pumps_Further_630_Billion_Into_Financial_Syste m

Omphfullas Zamboni
09-29-2008, 03:13 PM

Ozwest
09-29-2008, 03:15 PM
this is what has to be done -

I'd rather have the federal reserve do what they just did, as the dollar will continue to crash regardless (and because of those billions being pumped in), rather than have the bailout agreed to on top of it - it would sort of be like a double tax on the people, as we all know the dollar itself is crashing. All the bailout is and was is making taxpayers in debt to the usa dollar's crash. Now, all we have is the continued crash of the dollar with no bailout debt put on the people (for now.) We'll still feel the sting of the falling value/crash of the dollar as a result, but we won't have (for now) the added sting of bailout debt on top of it.

What the fuck is the difference?

You no longer live in a Democracy.

These people are treating you with contempt.

ghengis86
09-29-2008, 03:21 PM

+700 billion

they don't give a shit about the people

TruckinMike
09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
If there is no "LOAN" from the fed, doesn't that mean that they will not be selling treasury notes to cover the loan? If so, isn't this money truly created from nothing???

My understanding has it that when we get a Loan, they sell off notes to foreign entities, with no "Loan" there would be no need to sell debt.

Thus... more inflation, more inflation .................................... CRASH!

TMike

Ozwest
09-29-2008, 03:26 PM
If there is no "LOAN" from the fed, doesn't that mean that they will not be selling treasury notes to cover the loan? If so, isn't this money truly created from nothing???

My understanding has it that when we get a Loan, they sell off notes to foreign entities, with no "Loan" there would be no need to sell debt.

Thus... more inflation, more inflation .................................... CRASH!

TMike

Who knows?

Maybe they will run off 690 billion dollars worth of notes.

Ozwest
09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
I was closely watching the market today.

I was amazed that it held.

Now I know why.

This was a set-up.

Truth Warrior
09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Ahh, just another one of those bogus "legal tender" counterfeit "thin air" Fed checks. :p :rolleyes:

NoPants
09-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah, they suck. And it doesn't even make TV news... They're too busy interviewing people who voted for the plan and trying to spin everyone else as un-American. But what else is new.

BagOfEyebrows
09-29-2008, 04:41 PM

the difference...

the dollar was crashing and has been crashing for quite a while... more steadily since Iraq dropped it as a currency that could purchase oil (which they did right prior to us going to war with them), and then in March of this year, Iran also stopped accepting usa dollars for oil... so, the confidence and faith in the dollar, as well as its power, as well as its value, began to fade at increasing rates... why buy usa dollars when they aren't accepted for oil anymore by 2 pretty big oil places?

Fast foward to last week... what the Federal Reserve was trying to do was to put a huge chunk of the impending crash of the dolalr on USA tax payers. Odds are, even if the 700b tax bailout had gone through, the Federal Reserve probably would have put in a few hundred billion of their own 'printed' money into the pit on top of it (as they just did), as they know the dollar is crashing anyways, tagging tax payers on the way out with a huge chunk of debt would have been a nice bonus.

It's kinda like the Federal Reserve has just figured out it probably has less than a year left to live (here in the USA), so it has nothing to lose now... it's going on a killing spree, taking everyone down with it. They've propped themselves up in other areas across the globe... but, they know that the age of information has changed the way populations get their 'news' and educate themselves... citizens across the globe are paying attention, especially those with governments who bought into this idea of fiat currency.

The difference will be that other nations won't go through the almost one hundred years of swindle we just went through. We're 'the example.' We're going to hurt big for it, but we're the demonstration.

The difference is... the dollar still crashes, but USA tax payers aren't going to pay (hopefully) for the mistakes made by banks twice. See, we'll already all (as tax payers, and even non-tax payers) suffer as a result of our current monetary 'system' collapsing - but that was happening right along.

The suffering is now potentially 700 billion (plus) less... that's less suffering on a financial scale, as well as the duration scale, as the years it would take tax payers to pay back the money would have been... well, decades. We might get out of this mess now in less than two years. It won't be an easy two years, mind you, but the bailout would be paralyzing and incredibly corrupt - and take forever to bail ourselves out of -

As far as no longer living in a Democracy goes... we aren't supposed to be, never were, and weren't intended to ever become a (backspacing out all caps cuss word here outta respect) Democracy - I wouldn't want that (backspacing out another cuss word, although I really want to say the F word in all caps right now) form of government for any human being on Earth. We're a Republic. A Constitutional Republic.

I thought, too, for most of my lifetime, we were a Democracy - I was stunned when someone told me we weren't. I was outraged when I learned I'd been manipulated by my schools, my elected officials, my newspapers and televized news. Then I realized... they'd all been duped, too. But who did the duping? Who started this manipulation - and why?

I began to feel pretty bummed out for everyone. Even the bankers. Those who inherited their grandfather's and father's corruption... how it must have felt to them to know some of us on a different level, because of the internet. How it must have been so mentally frustrating to know the citizens they were swindling on personal levels not often possible in pre-internet days... now, because of the anonymity of the internet, they are among us. They know us, they've chatted with us on forums, they've played online games with us, they've talked about life and philosophy with us - and some within their ranks do actually care about us, and know that logically and compassionately, what they have done, what their fathers and grandfathers did... was wrong. Was immoral. Was theft.

I was empowered when I learned the difference between the two forms of government - Democracy vs Constitutional Republic. I imagine they were empowered, too, with knowledge and understanding - but can you imagine the conflict of knowledge for them - can you imagine that kind of dilema?

The more I learned, the more I wanted to learn more. So I just kept seeking out more info. More truth. More facts. It's pretty humbling - spending over 3 decades believing a gigantic lie.

I felt pretty stupid and wondered what else I 'thought' or 'felt' might be based on a huge facade. Once you get over the anger and frustration and hardcore 'crash course' of learning that becomes a passionate journey - it's pretty calming. It becomes a life of action and determination - love and concern for your fellow man that you know, as a majority, still don't fully understand yet.

Most know something is wrong... they think 'democracy' is the way to fix it. They've been led to believe that. They are being tricked into a surrender that will cost them life, liberty, property and the seeking and obtaining of happiness... not only their own, but everyone's - this generation and next generations.

There's a lot to fix - but it won't and can't be fixed in a Democracy, only in a Constitutional Republic. Which, thank Gosh, we still are.

Crap, I lost track of time and typed up a storm. Sorry for the long ramble of a reply, sometimes I get a little heavy on the keyboard. Hope you google Democracy vs Constitutional Republic.

phoenixrising
09-29-2008, 05:22 PM
great post! ...& as mentioned b/4....it's the best time to educate more people on the "federal" reserve!

more & more of the interviews today w/our representatives ARE pointing the finger at the federal reserve.

mysticgeek
09-29-2008, 05:52 PM
From what I understand ... this is just them printing money out of thin air ... and will not be backed by tax payer money. So ... it's completely worthless money ... and of course inflation will rise ... and we pay for it in the end anyway ... so they steal from us and don't get their additional theft? Christ ... who knows... this is all so mind boggling.

awake
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes, Education will be the only weapon against the tidal wave of propaganda.

HOLLYWOOD
09-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes, Education will be the only weapon against the tidal wave of propaganda.

And Boy do they have all the MSM channels spewing all over the place.

What even more concerning... FDIC...

ANother secret deal between CITIBANK and Wachovia...

CITIBANK eats $42 BILLION in Wachovia Debt, CITIBANK does almost the same as JP Morgan and announces $10 BILLION in new stock offering.

FDIC siezes all the rest of the bad assets at Wachovia:

We knew that WaMu had $1.3 TRILLION in Debt

What does Wachovia have in Bad Debt? I heard in the hundreds of BILLIONS.

$42 BILLION in debt CITIBANK will absorb

Then, both JP Morgan and CITIBANK assume DEBT, what kind was it?

Where the FDIC getting $100's of BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS to cover the bad debt.

SO FDIC is covering maybe a portion of non liquid or depressed assets and the AMERICAN TAXPAYERS will cover the TRILLIONS in hidden debt?

THere's still plenty of secret dealings going on and where the money coming from and who's allocating it all?

CurtisLow
09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
From what I understand ... this is just them printing money out of thin air ... and will not be backed by tax payer money. So ....

Is there any laws on the books to keep the fed from doing this? Not like they follow the law anyhow.

BeFranklin
09-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Fed Pumps Further $630 Billion Into Financial System (Update3)

It happened before the House even rejected the bailout..

I think this can be used to support the abolish the federal reserve act. I'm completely shocked they would just spend 630 billion without congressional approval :eek:

BeFranklin
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Is there any laws on the books to keep the fed from doing this? Not like they follow the law anyhow.

They just ignored congress! Abolish the federal reserve!

Indy Vidual
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
How can you guys stomach this?We are Americans, and we trust our leaders. :rolleyes:

Indy Vidual
09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
...AMERICAN TAXPAYERS will cover the TRILLIONS in hidden debt?

There's still plenty of secret dealings going on and where the money coming from and who's allocating it all?
Elite White Collar Criminals Gone Wild!!!!!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
nt

ape
09-29-2008, 07:17 PM
you would think this would be all over the tube by now

QueenB4Liberty
09-29-2008, 07:52 PM
So wait, will they still try and pass a bailout bill on top of this?

phoenixrising
09-29-2008, 08:02 PM
So wait, will they still try and pass a bailout bill on top of this?

they reconvene on thursday. their *hope* is to create another bill that would pass. i think it was good ol' nancy that said soemthing about hopefuly voting on friday.

this was round #1!

u can bet u have someone working on verbiage now to expedite this mess once again.

from some of the interviews i heard, the reason some voted *no* was because of languaging. ie: paulson having too much control, not being able to go in front of the judicial, lack of framing for foreclosures etc...etc...

there WILL be another round forsure! just w/a different bill! ;(

we have to do what we did again...AND keep at it!!!

Imperial
09-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Basically, the Fed Reserve is printing up more dollars is what this means.

They are just making it sound nice but actually admitting it aloud. B/c, you know, a credit crunch results when there isn't enough currency to do stupid things.

Expatriate
09-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Why isn't this on the news?