PDA

View Full Version : Form Letter to send to your congressmen if they voted Yes on Bailout

Chiznaddy
09-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Feel free to use this letter I wrote to my congresswoman. Change as you see fit. She voted for the bailout:

September 29, 2008
The Honorable Susan A. Davis
House of Representatives
1526 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515 0553

Re: HR 3997

Representative Davis:

The vote on HR 3997 of September 29, 2008 will go down in history as a day when taxpayers woke up enough, put down their beers, stopped watching the football game, and let their congressmen and women know they had enough; our labor will not be used as collateral to bailout failed Wall Street businessmen and bankers!

I'm sorry that you have chosen to be on the side of history that will be considered the apologists for the central bankers and their cronies. You will be remembered as one that fought with the Bush Administration, the bankers, and the naïve, against the American people. Once again they tried to fool congress with fear and false information. I would think you would learn a lesson after 8 years of this administration’s misrepresentations.

I recognize that you may have simply been manipulated by the fear mongering and arm-twisting by the powers that be. This is little excuse. You were elected to represent us, your constituents, and you sided with the bankers. You were elected to understand economics, taxes, our banking system, and assuming you are the good intentioned person I think you are, you don’t.

I am glad you lost this vote, and look forward to making sure that you lose re-election.

Sincerely,

Chester Copperpot
09-29-2008, 01:07 PM
I need to find a site to see how my congressman voted.. of course I could always call them again ;)

Fyretrohl
09-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Anyone have a REALLY good one for those who voted No?

hillertexas
09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
excellent...thanks

Chester Copperpot
09-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Looks like ill be sending this to Pallone. he voted Aye.

gjvrieze
09-29-2008, 01:14 PM

surf
09-29-2008, 01:16 PM
i said something like, "thank you for correctly casting the most important vote you have made as a congressman" and, "you have won my vote and that of many family and friends as long as you continue to oppose any version of this plan that may emerge."

raystone
09-29-2008, 01:17 PM
this IS REALLY GOOD....succint, polite, and letting her know he'll do everything possible to get her voted out of office. I'm using this !

H Roark
09-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Great template.

misericordia
09-29-2008, 01:28 PM
for the yeas,

Dear Congress-person, For your vote to rescue Wall St, I suggest you get a job lined up there prior to the beginning of the next congressional term.

Thank you for voting,

Sincerely, joe blow.