PDA

View Full Version : Something tells me this SHOULD of passed...

TheOraclePaul
09-29-2008, 12:15 PM
If the entire system collapses, and this bill wasn't passed, then those who didn't vote for it will be blamed. The ignorant masses will not understand the reason for the problem, and will be enraged at those that did not 'prevent' this calamity through a bailout.

Think about it:

The system was doomed to failure anyways. If the bailout had passed, and did not prevent the system from a crisis, then it could be said that it did not work/it made the situation worse.

Now that the bill hasn't passed, it's lack of passage can be scapegoated for any future problems that occur.

This is EXACTLY how the 'free market' was blamed for the great depression. If, prior to the collapse in 1929, there had been a government orchestrated intervention, THAT could have been blamed.

To summarize, I remember reading somewhere the following quote: If the economy were represented by a match, and it was struck, but it lit on fire many days later, most people would not be able to connect the striking of the match to the igniting of the flame (cause and effect). This is the problem with the bill not passing in my opinion. People have short term memories, and I predict that this will be spun by statists and interventionists as the reason for the coming financial disaster.

TheOraclePaul
09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Does anyone else think this is a legitimate concern, or am I just being paranoid?

BuddyRey
09-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I thought about this a little while ago, and it's definitely a valid concern from a historical perspective. But I'm still glad we shot it down! :D

fedup100
09-29-2008, 12:24 PM
While this could happen just remember the ignorant sheep are how we got here to begin with.

Just saw today that only 13% of our total population can read and comprehend!!!

olehounddog
09-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Makes no difference. What is right is right...period.:D

frasu
09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
i thought about this a little while ago, and it's definitely a valid concern from a historical perspective. But i'm still glad we shot it down! :d

+ 1000

pacelli
09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Does anyone else think this is a legitimate concern, or am I just being paranoid?

The oracle Ron Paul voted against it.

Mister Grieves
09-29-2008, 12:30 PM
When the world doesn't end because this bill didn't pass, a lot of people are going to be seeing the men behind the curtain for what they really are.

Chiznaddy
09-29-2008, 12:32 PM
When the world doesn't end because this bill didn't pass, a lot of people are going to be seeing the men behind the curtain for what they really are.

I agree and hope we are right! Well said.

dannno
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM

The market is going to crash eventually anyway.

The dollar is going to crash eventually anyway.

If the market and dollar had crashed after the bailout, then the government could say that they didn't do enough to prop up the markets. This way they can blame it on those who didn't vote for the bailout. It can work in their favor either way, or we can work to turn it against them.

jmdrake
09-29-2008, 12:40 PM
That's the kind of thinking that got us the unPatriot act. (Sure it takes away civil liberties and doesn't actually fix anything, but if there is another attack people will blame those who voted against it). Sure there are risks. Yes the economy may crash anyway. And yes uninformed people may cast blame the wrong way. That's why it's important to inform people, about the economy, terrorism (*cough* the 9/11 commission report is a farce *cough*) and the real threats that face our country.

fedup100
09-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Do you guys realize if this sticks we may very well be rid of the Federal Reserve and the IRS.

I predict there will be an awful lot of dual citizen from wall street and banking that may be fleeing to Israel very soon. I know they know if this holds, they, many of them will be prosecuted. :D:D:D

freelance
09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Congress will get the blame NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Aside from the economics involved, this is a grab for Executive power. They want to totally neuter Congress, and this is one way to do it.

I suspect, however, that Congress has found a little courage. Today alone, they killed the bailout bill, Leahy is going to try to pursue SOMETHING against Gonzales

"The report also raises questions that are not yet resolved about the reasons for the firing and 'inconsistent, misleading, and inaccurate' statements to Congress and the press from Attorney General Gonzales and others at the Department. I will look carefully at the report's recommendation that a prosecutor continue to explore these troubling facts, including inaccurate testimony to Congress, whether Attorney General Gonzales tried to shape the testimony of other Department officials, and the extent of White House involvement. Perhaps a prosecutor can break down walls others cannot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/29/us-attorneys-report-full_n_130211.html

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Gonzales_escapes_grand_jury_in_prosecutor_0929.htm l

and Feingold introduced a bill to ban suspicionless searches of laptops.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Lawmaker_seek_ban_of_suspicionless_laptop_0929.htm l

I think that Congress is finally getting the idea that the Executive branch is trying to essentially eliminate them.

freelance
09-29-2008, 12:47 PM
do you guys realize if this sticks we may very well be rid of the federal reserve and the irs.

I predict there will be an awful lot of dual citizen from wall street and banking that may be fleeing to israel very soon. I know they know if this holds, they, many of them will be prosecuted. :d:d:d

Hallelujah!

voytechs
09-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Congress will get the blame NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Lets not fail to observe, that the blame has always layed with congress. They are responsible for not abolishing the fed. reserve and allowing them to rape the economy. Let them be blamed, but remind people that all of them are guilty, with very few exceptions.

ItsTime
09-29-2008, 12:58 PM
That is why we must remind them that it would suck either way. This way its going to suck less. There is NO GOOD SIDE

Original_Intent
09-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Let's see to it that the Fed doesn't reach its centennial.

That gives us less than 5 years! Go TEAM!

s35wf
09-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Let's see to it that the Fed doesn't reach its centennial.

That gives us less than 5 years! Go TEAM!

The End of the Fed and the closure of the IRS would be just a wonderful thing!:D

aspiringconstitutionalist
09-29-2008, 01:33 PM
The difference between this passing and this not passing is: If this had passed, the system would have failed eventually, but only after putting us through another drawn out Great Depression. If this indeed remains defeated, the system will fail eventually, but only after a quick, sharp recession.

RockEnds
09-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't understand why people get to thinking that by doing the wrong thing, somehow the right thing will become clear.

No, passing this thing won't inspire the great awakening.

Charles Wilson
09-29-2008, 01:36 PM
If the entire system collapses, and this bill wasn't passed, then those who didn't vote for it will be blamed. The ignorant masses will not understand the reason for the problem, and will be enraged at those that did not 'prevent' this calamity through a bailout.

Think about it:

The system was doomed to failure anyways. If the bailout had passed, and did not prevent the system from a crisis, then it could be said that it did not work/it made the situation worse.

Now that the bill hasn't passed, it's lack of passage can be scapegoated for any future problems that occur.

This is EXACTLY how the 'free market' was blamed for the great depression. If, prior to the collapse in 1929, there had been a government orchestrated intervention, THAT could have been blamed.

To summarize, I remember reading somewhere the following quote: If the economy were represented by a match, and it was struck, but it lit on fire many days later, most people would not be able to connect the striking of the match to the igniting of the flame (cause and effect). This is the problem with the bill not passing in my opinion. People have short term memories, and I predict that this will be spun by statists and interventionists as the reason for the coming financial disaster.

Most of those who voted nay were following the wishes of their constituates. I suspect that many of those who voted yea will be voted out of office at the first opportunity. Sure, some folks will play the blame game but the fact is it would have been much worse if the bailout had passed. As Ron Paul indicated, the results of not passing the bailout will be minor compared to what will happen if the dollar collapes. We were in danger of the dollar collapsing around the world from printing billions of fiat dollars. It is up to us to educate the people as to the facts.

freelance
09-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Lets not fail to observe, that the blame has always layed with congress. They are responsible for not abolishing the fed. reserve and allowing them to rape the economy. Let them be blamed, but remind people that all of them are guilty, with very few exceptions.

Well yeah, but not this particular Congress. We have to go back a few years to blame a Congress that passed the Fed Reserve Act one Christmas Eve without a quorum. That was one of the original sins.

LibertasPraesidium
09-29-2008, 01:45 PM
simple point to be made here folks the fight isnt over until they give up on the idea of a bailout.

KEEP CALLING.

The fact is that they will change the text of the bill until necessary to keep it going. KEEP up the good work. Watch out for psuedo bills that are attached to others that give the same power. those who watch cspan will know what i mean :-)

The fact is we did a good thing we have to stay vigilant and watch these guys hard. :-)

anaconda
09-29-2008, 01:53 PM

Think about it:

Excellent Game Theory type reasoning.

Here is my fear: That you are absolutely correct AND that many of today's "No" votes are intending to vote "yes" later in the week. Later, they will spin their initial "No" vote as some kind of heroic deed in forcing some "essential" bill restructuring, when in reality it will be a bunch of BS.

My hope, however, is that we have awakened a patriotic streak in our Representatives, who just may be getting fed up with the perverse power grab by the elite.