PDA

View Full Version : Sept 29, 2008 - V DAY - The day the people got their power back

BarryDonegan
09-29-2008, 12:14 PM
no matter what happens, we have proven that our voices count.

all the naysayers, some of whom are here on these very forums, who say it doesn't matter, that nothing counts, have been proven wrong, finally. your vote counts, your phone calls count, your emails count.

we win.

now lets get to work on the sound money bill.

Lovecraftian4Paul
09-29-2008, 12:15 PM
I hope this is the beginning of something wonderful. We still have to be vigilant, but perhaps we have a little relief to start our own push for Ron Paul's bill to abolish the Fed!

BarryDonegan
09-29-2008, 12:15 PM
we have GOT to support the sound money bill and the end the fed bill before the news media blames the drop in the DOW on our choice.

ihsv
09-29-2008, 12:18 PM
The only reason we won was because the populous got angry, most of them probably for the wrong reasons, but they got angry nonetheless. This is NOT the end of the war.

What I find fascinating was that the MSM has been doing nothing over the past week but reprogramming of the population. They have brought every shill out from under every rock in Washington to try sway people's opinion on this. With all their vaunted power and influence, they failed on this one. But you can bet they'll regroup and try again.

ShowMeLiberty
09-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!!

This is the first time in my lifetime that I've ever seen the voice of the people have any real impact on congress. It's making me proud.

ghengis86
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
savor this one, but be ever vigilent; they'll try this again and again and again, in many different forms.

BarryDonegan
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
yes, but we proved we can anger them. we can do it again, and we need to start today at getting the power out of the hands of the Fed. we know we can do it now, we've awakened the sleeping giant. no excuses anymore, get it done.

JK/SEA
09-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Thankyou for the birthday present!...

Gee...i'm still alive, how are the rest of you doing?

undergroundrr
09-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Just learned this is Ludwig von Mises' birthday. September 29, 1881. Nice correspondence!

BarryDonegan
09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
happy birthday Mises, from us to you :)

Razorback Fan
09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
This is the first time in my lifetime that I've ever seen the voice of the people have any real impact on congress.

That's because it's first time in a long time the people's voice said something other than, "Uhhhh...okay, whatever."

BarryDonegan
09-29-2008, 12:25 PM
now lets keep it coming!

paulitics
09-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!!

This is the first time in my lifetime that I've ever seen the voice of the people have any real impact on congress. It's making me proud.

Second time for me. I remember the day the immigration bill failed.

ShowMeLiberty
09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
happy birthday Mises, from us to you :)

:) That's what is known as "poetic justice".

That's because it's first time in a long time the people's voice said something other than, "Uhhhh...okay, whatever."

Right you are.

now lets keep it coming!

Indeed - we must keep everyone awake and involved. We'll get this country back yet!

s35wf
09-29-2008, 12:34 PM

Ditto! maybe there is Hope for this country after all. Now if we could just get the Fed abolished & our troops Out of Iraq! this is what we need to concentrate on next imho.

Have a Great Day! We Won the battle; lets keep it up so we can win the war!:)

Pete
09-29-2008, 12:36 PM

Yeah, I was fighting that one, too, and it was sweet. Home schoolers have won some battles, also, that I have participated in.

Vigilance is key, and C4L can be a huge network that we can work through to stay on top of issues and have our voices heard.

Amazing, amazing.

BarryDonegan
09-29-2008, 12:45 PM
please everyone bump the positive and the activist threads, not the silly bank run threads. we won. lets take off the tin foil hats and enjoy our moment in the sun as vindicated as being right. lets show them we have an action plan that can soft land the economy and get us on the right foot. those plans are ENDING THE FED and the COMPETITION IN CURRENCY ACT.